• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't believe TO is in game 7, the Ducks lost, the Canucks got swept.

Habs doesn't surprise me given what I've seen of the Sens.

LA is LA.

I wonder if Det has another upset in them?

UberTag

Pretty much. I've been listening to "they're just avoiding the inevitable" from someone since game 2.

Or goal post moving from "bruins in 3" to "bruins in 5 because they felt bad for the Leafs" to now just silence.
Clearly this is a Leafs basher whose hyperbole you should have been ignoring.
No Bruins fan would have been touting such nonsense.

This thread needs a "reject Moe" Ducks .gif.
And a big 'ole X needs to be placed on the Ducks in the Off-Season thread.

Get the Bruins .gif ready.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I still see the Bruins winning. This feels like when Montreal went 8-0 vs them in the regular season, Boston pushed the final game to OT, gained some confidence, and took the series to seven games.

I don't even want to talk about the next round yet.

Let's just not talk about it until we know who is playing who. Tonight's the night.

ShaneB

I'm so excited! Two game sevens!! I'm so nervous, two games which I care about the result :(

Let's go Caps!!! Let's go Leafs! Anything other than a Rangers/Bruins series that I have no interest in :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Clearly this is a Leafs basher whose hyperbole you should have been ignoring.
No Bruins fan would have been touting such nonsense.

This thread needs a "reject Moe" Ducks .gif.
And a big 'ole X needs to be placed on the Ducks in the Off-Season thread.

Get the Bruins .gif ready.

Haha as no shock its been Leafs "fans" who have been doing the bashing.

I will say though the one who said "bruins in 3" did come back to me on Friday and admit the Leafs are much better than he thought and was impressed by them.

Every Bruins fan I know has been pretty much like you guys in here.

Either way tonight ends one hell of a series.

Sanjuro

Imagine if Tim Thomas wasnt such an ass and had joined the Isles this year.

I made this comment earlier, I was told that he wouldn't improve the team at all. This Islanders team is the real deal. A season or two with Thomas, regardless of the age, is a wonderful crutch to have.

UberTag

I made this comment earlier, I was told that he wouldn't improve the team at all. This Islanders team is the real deal. A season or two with Thomas, regardless of the age, is a wonderful crutch to have.
The Isles with Tim Thomas in net would have upset the Pens this year. I have no question in my mind about that.

Who ever said that is crazy. Nabby gave him some really soft goals. The Isles lost in OT twice, they win just one of those games and they would have forced a game 7. I agree with Uber that with Tim they would have beat the Pens for sure.

adsfadlsjklafhvljasdfjlwekf#$%@$@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zaCJoGq.gif

:(

Sanjuro

Who ever said that is crazy. Nabby gave him some really soft goals. The Isles lost in OT twice, they win just one of those games and they would have forced a game 7. I agree with Uber that with Tim they would have beat the Pens for sure.

This was before the second season. Someone told me that Islanders were ready right now, possibly an Isles fan? Not sure. Still crazy.

Admittingly, I'm a Thomas homer, but I have a good reason to be one.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
And I quote from a friend who is a Leafs basher:

"I actually thought the game last night was kind of boring. Both teams were flat and not a lot of excitement until the third period. The Leafs will no doubt get crushed tonight."

:/

Sanjuro

And I quote from a friend who is a Leafs basher:

"I actually thought the game last night was kind of boring. Both teams were flat and not a lot of excitement until the third period. The Leafs will no doubt get crushed tonight."

:/

The game was pretty fun. The bar I was at flooded with hipsters, gave zero fucks. All they heard was me yelling fuck and ordering another pitcher.

UberTag

This was before the second season. Someone told me that Islanders were ready right now, possibly an Isles fan? Not sure. Still crazy.

Admittingly, I'm a Thomas homer, but I have a good reason to be one.
And what reason would that be:

2010 - GAME 4 - TUUKKA RASK - 29 Saves on 34 Shots Against (5 Goals) | Boston Loses 5-4 in Overtime
2010 - GAME 5 - TUUKKA RASK - 27 Saves on 31 Shots Against (4 Goals) | Boston Loses 4-0
2010 - GAME 6 - TUUKKA RASK - 25 Saves on 27 Shots Against (2 Goals) | Boston Loses 2-1
2010 - GAME 7 - TUUKKA RASK - 23 Saves on 27 Shots Against (4 Goals) | Boston Loses 4-3
Oh that's right... the year before we won the Stanley Cup with Thomas, Rask was in net when we pulled off the biggest chokejob in the modern hockey era!

How are we doing now then?

2013 - GAME 5 - TUUKKA RASK - 31 Saves on 33 Shots Against (2 Goals) | Boston Loses 2-1
2013 - GAME 6 - TUUKKA RASK - 24 Saves on 26 Shots Against (2 Goals) | Boston Loses 2-1

Hmmm... Rask not worried about 2010 flashbacks

Boston is 0-4 in Game 7s dating back to 2008... excluding the fabled Stanley Cup season {2011}.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see how many penalties in a row the refs call against us today!

Keep blaming the refs instead of the Caps' undisciplined play. Consider yourselves lucky they didn't call ANY of the half dozen blatant holding, hooking, and holding the stick penalties the Caps committed. In fact they let just about everything minor or in the run of play go in both directions. They didn't call anything but really big obvious stuff. A stupid dangerous elbow in neutral ice to Brassard's head
which probably would be a suspendable play if Brass stayed down and wiggled around for a while
, a crosscheck that drew blood from Green
which probably should have been a double minor
, a puck over the glass from Alzner, an unmissable crosscheck into the net from Ward, Hillen retaliating against Callahan in open ice. All things that you flat out can't miss.

The only thing on the Rangers side that might have been remotely as significant as any of the penalties that were called on the Caps was Dorsett's alleged slewfoot attempt on Green, which looks a lot more like a shoulder-leading body check that backfired than anything else to me...and apparently to the refs too.

Besides, you guys are going to win tonight anyway. Relax.

No old man Murray :(

Look at all those draft picks that came in and play for us during the injuries, all drafted by him. 15 rookies.

It's just an award for regular season standings and given to the team's GM.

Bob Murray getting fleeced by Burke for years apparently makes him GM of the year.

No nothing definite and they're not going to give Pittsburgh advance notice either. I think he'll play at some point.

Sanjuro

And what reason would that be:

Oh that's right... the year before we won the Stanley Cup with Thomas, Rask was in net when we pulled off the biggest chokejob in the modern hockey era!

How are we doing now then?

2013 - GAME 5 - TUUKKA RASK - 31 Saves on 33 Shots Against (2 Goals) | Boston Loses 2-1
2013 - GAME 6 - TUUKKA RASK - 24 Saves on 26 Shots Against (2 Goals) | Boston Loses 2-1

Hmmm... Rask not worried about 2010 flashbacks

Boston is 0-4 in Game 7s dating back to 2008... excluding the fabled Stanley Cup season {2011}.

I don't buy the dated numbers going back to 2008, but I do subscribe to the current theory on Rask. He came out unprepared in the 3rd period, simply cost us the game.

Toronto is going to take this series. It's happening.

Solo

GM of the year award finalists:

Shero (Pens), Bergevin (Canadiens), and Murray (Ducks).

I'll just copy and paste my thoughts here:

Nice to see Bergevin get some recognition.

However, I'd say his bad moves (DD $14M/4 years, Moen contract, Boullion re-signing, doing sweet fuck all at the deadline to improve the team) are about equal to his good ones (Prust signing, Subban signing, Gomez buyout, Cole trade).

Cake Boss

Banned
It's just an award for regular season standings and given to the team's GM.

Bob Murray getting fleeced by Burke for years apparently makes him GM of the year.

No nothing definite and they're not going to give Pittsburgh advance notice either. I think he'll play at some point.

Plus his recent trades have been golden.

2nd for Bishop
Bishop for Conacher +4th
Foligno for Methot
Rundblad for Turris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom