• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

The leafs talk way too much before games, makes them look dumb during games
You don't say?

“It’s a very, very winnable series,” said centre Nazem Kadri, who like many of the young Leafs will be making his NHL playoff debut against the Bruins. “I want to be one of those go-to guys and (tonight) is certainly a way to make it happen.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Who are you talking about.
Kadri mostly, Lupul did the same against the Habs. Players talk too much for a team who made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, they just give the other team bulletin material and motivation.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Already on 2nd beer...

My god I just hope they get out of this with some more jump. Where was that fire in the beginning?!

Duck Costco and goddamn Carlyle

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cherry is amazing.

"Nobody in the world is as stupid as the Leafs on that line change"

NOT BAD

That's what he said, right?

Montresor

Kadri mostly, Lupul did the same against the Habs. Players talk too much for a team who made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, they just give the other team bulletin material and motivation.

"Talk too much" you guys are fascinating. The media talks to the Leafs, the Leafs talk to the media. There's nothing special about any of that.

Socreges

Banned
There's something extremely unsettling about Don Cherry alone in front of a camera. As if Ron MacLean has been the only thing keeping Canada from being completely corrupted by his insanity.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"I think it's just jitters for the Islanders, but not for the Leafs"

So... the Leafs just suck? Good to know the panel agrees.

edited for non-ESL people.

Red_Man

"Talk too much" you guys are fascinating. The media talks to the Leafs, the Leafs talk to the media. There's nothing special about any of that.
Kadri saying "It's a very very winnable series" is undermining the Bruins and how hard it will be, and Lupul saying shit about the Habs size and strength undermined them and then they tore them a new asshole. There's no reason to make comments like these and give other teams that kind of motivation regardless of whether or not Kadri / Lupul meant for the comments to come off like that.

Montresor

Kadri saying "It's a very very winnable series" is undermining the Bruins and how hard it will be, and Lupul saying shit about the Habs size and strength undermined them and then they tore them a new asshole. There's no reason to make comments like these and give other teams that kind of motivation regardless of whether or not Kadri / Lupul meant for the comments to come off like that.

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that.

I'm interested in your opinion of Gallagher's comments before the Leaf game. That would be illuminating.

Montresor

Kostka has a higher TOI than any bruins player

Oh wait except seidenberg and chara

But still

So Leafs-GAF is not gonna stop whining about Kostka? He's playing just fine if you examine him individually. He's not playing any worse than the other Leafs. The ENTIRE Leaf team is playing poorly and you guys are trying to make Kostka a scapegoat.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why do we have 2 goons dressed when there isn't really any fights in the playoffs

So Leafs-GAF is not gonna stop whining about Kostka? He's playing just fine if you examine him individually. He's not playing any worse than the other Leafs. The ENTIRE Leaf team is playing poorly and you guys are trying to make Kostka a scapegoat.

-3, on the ice for all goals against

It takes a special player to do that

Like lebda

Red_Man

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of that.

I'm interested in your opinion of Gallagher's comments before the Leaf game. That would be illuminating.
About saying Kadri is a cocky bastard? There's a difference between calling out a single player and an entire team, I still would prefer Gallagher not say anything. Habs players stay away from that shit, there's no benefit to it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Kostka is shit. Once you realize this you'll understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom