• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Green

Oh it's Grabovski!

9rLL14R.gif

Can't. Stop. Watching.

ShaneB

Listening to Ian Mendes and Louis Jean discuss Habs/Sens on Hockeycentral is confusing as heck since they sound so alike on radio.

Socreges

Banned
Apparently Julien said Grabovski embellished the elbow to the face. You gotta be fucking kidding me.
So this turned out to be untrue?

“No comment,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said on Thursday. “The league looks at those things. That job doesn’t belong to me so I will leave it at that. I do have my view on it, but certainly not a view I should be sharing right now.”

“It’s a rough game, you’re allowed to hit people,” Randy Carlyle said.
I like how Carlyle's take on it is actually more dismissive than Julien's.

Alucard

Banned
I think Lundqvist's "hot zones" are the same as every goalie's. Hate it when announcers say the same thing again and again. "He's weak up high!" No shit.

Curufinwe

I think Lundqvist's "hot zones" are the same as every goalie's. Hate it when announcers say the same thing again and again. "He's weak up high!" No shit.

Steve Coates is particularly bad for that. He always sounds surprised and annoyed when a goalie does down into the butterfly, even when blocking the bottom of the net is the right percentage play.

Alucard

Banned
Just saying. It's like announcers think they're saying something insightful when they say players have to "get the puck high" to score on certain goalies...and then basically saying this for the majority of goalies. Gotta get the puck up? You mean like in every single game against every single goalie ever?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Time for Montreal to show what Canada what a Canadien playoff team should look like. Too bad Cake Boss is banned, this would have been our Neo / Smith train fight moment like at the end of the Matrix.

Apparently Julien said Grabovski embellished the elbow to the face. You gotta be fucking kidding me.
Just saw this, hahahahah what a clown. The team is so full of shit from top to bottom, I imagine the zamboni driver goes home and beats his family too.

calder

tumblr_llyznxRaCD1qi2esko1_500.gif

I must have missed this gif the first thousand times it was posted, because I can't imagine something so awesome slipping past NHLGAF. It's brilliantly hypnotic.

Red_Man

Looks like Ellers line will match up with Zibenejad's, should be an interesting battle of the rookies.

I must have missed this gif the first thousand times it was posted, because I can't imagine something so awesome slipping past NHLGAF. It's brilliantly hypnotic.
Right click save as.....

If we could get Kassian out there to just hit I'd be fine, unfortunately every time his stick touches the puck our momentum dies and he makes brain dead decisions. Fucking moron.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Surely you jest, up high is the weakness of James Reimer and only James Reimer from everything I've heard from the professionals out there in the media.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can't watch Habs/Sens because my PC is busted and I don't have cable.

Any way to watch this on a smartphone?

Red_Man

Can't watch Habs/Sens because my PC is busted and I don't have cable.

Any way to watch this on a smartphone?
If you have game center live you can watch it on your phone, or just go to a public library / campus if you're a student and stream it.

Red_Man

How fitting that the Habs first playoff game of the season is a year later to the day that Marc Bergevin was hired.

Sanjuro

So this turned out to be untrue?

Pretty sure the only people biting are the usual suspects.

Time for Montreal to show what Canada what a Canadien playoff team should look like. Too bad Cake Boss is banned, this would have been our Neo / Smith train fight moment like at the end of the Matrix.

Just saw this, hahahahah what a clown. The team is so full of shit from top to bottom, I imagine the zamboni driver goes home and beats his family too.

Yuup.

Alucard

Banned
Gallagher won't score. No way he tops Beau Bennett from last night. First playoff game, first shot, first goal...and the game winner.

FUCK YOU, GALLAGHER.

Sanjuro

I saw it going around hfboards and in the TSN comments which is why I said "apparently". Then again those people are dumbasses most of the time.

I mean, it wouldn't ultimately surprise me. To this point both teams have been avoiding bulletin board material. Not wildly familiar with the TSN, have been hearing about Kessel's silence quite a bit.

1 more hour unfffffffffffff

I'm looped into seeing Iron Man 3 later tonight. I have a strong feeling that game will be more entertaining.

Socreges

Banned
Speaking of that way, has there been anymore news on Schneider? I remember looking last night, not able to find anything about how he was injured.
Injured goaltender Cory Schneider was not in attendance at practice [today], after being on the ice the four previous days after missing time with an undisclosed injury. A setback? Schneider pronounced himself ready to play after Tuesday’s practice and took Wednesday’s morning skate.

Vigneault wouldn’t address Schneider’s status, saying people are free to speculate what they want. He said Schneider is still day to day. Following practice, Luongo confirmed he will start Game 2 on Friday.

Clydefrog

Hah, Fox Sports West apologized for the split-screen BS in Game 1. They better fucking apologize.

Tuesday night, when the defending champion Los Angeles Kings opened defense of the Stanley Cup title at St. Louis, the game went into overtime and overlapped the start of the Los Angeles Clippers' key NBA playoff game against Memphis at Staples Center.

Because of the conflict, Fox Sports West displayed the Kings and Clippers game in a split-screen format, something that made neither fan base happy.

Clippers fans were able to catch that game on a full screen on TNT.

Wednesday afternoon, Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket issued this apology:

“We sincerely apologize to the Kings and the Clippers and their fans,” said Steve Simpson, senior vice president and general manager for Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket. “We didn't serve them as well we should have with our coverage of last night’s games. Going forward, there is a plan in place to ensure all remaining playoff games are seen in their entirety, which includes lifting local blackouts if necessary

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...est-kings-television-20130501,0,6191294.story

TUSR

Banned
TSN's montages are a disgrace to the playoffs. I need them to get me amped up for boring ass Canucks hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom