• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

cx1IjpO.jpg

Samyy

Anybody from Leafs-GAF still alive after last night?

Kave? Kuro? Sammy? Manics alts?

Was drunk and did some stupid things like post in the offseason thread, apologies

Have an interview in 2 hours and the manager thats interviewing me is a fan so perhaps we can cry over last night together

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Encouraging news from the morning skate.

Brian Boyle was on the ice today finally and seems to be skating just fine. Sounds like he might be back very very soon, maybe as soon as tonight.

Ryane Clowe was not on the ice but was working out off the ice, so that's promising improvement. Derek Dorsett seems to have graduated from his yellow non-contact jersey to a white jersey as an extra skater. Sounds like he might be making his Ranger debut during this series.

Marc Staal participated again as he's been doing for a while. Says his vision still isn't completely there yet, and he doesn't want to hurt the team, so that sure sounds like he's out tonight. Not that I expected him to be in.

This amused me: "Michael Haley tipped in a Derek Stepan pass and it elicited a large reaction from the Rangers."

Not really on topic but the Blackhawks just announced they're raising ticket prices again next season. Since 2009 our 300 level seats have increased by over 170%, and it'd be even higher if we had the numbers from 2007 laying around. Fucking hell.

Osorio

Not really on topic but the Blackhawks just announced they're raising ticket prices again next season. Since 2009 our 300 level seats have increased by over 170%, and it'd be even higher if we had the numbers from 2007 laying around. Fucking hell.

That's what happens when most of the league's revenue comes from ticket sales.

TV numbers are getting better though. However, teams will still milk fans for every last drop.

For all the goaltending drama yesterday, practically no one is talking about it today. Luongo was solid, and Schneider would've been too.

One thing that worries me is that this isn't the 2011 Sharks. This Sharks team is better defensively, takes shooting lanes/rebounds away, and is healthier and more balanced. There's no loading up the top line, no brutal defensive gaffes, no laughable PK. While they're not as physically punishing as the Kings and Blues, they have a lot of scoring depth in their top 9.

Similarly, this isn't the 2011 Canucks. Despite icing almost the same lineup from that Cup run they look older and slower. Maybe Salo and Ehrhoff are irreplaceable.

I thought the Canucks were fine in the first two periods. But they don't have the forward depth of the Sharks and if Kesler is really hurt then they're a one-line team.

I think they need to step back from the physical play (maybe all that hitting tired them out) and focus more on puck possession and speed. Put in Ballard instead of Alberts and Jensen/Schroeder instead of Ebbett.

It's a long series, but the Canucks showed one of their recent problems last night; a disinterested, disorganized, third period. Last year they didn't take the Kings seriously until Game 3 and by then it was too late. They're close to falling into that trap again this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I think I'm most interested in tonight is how Nash fares. This whole "playoffs" thing isn't exactly something he's really used to, and his one previous experience wasn't particularly memorable.

This is precisely what he came to New York for, though. Time to earn his keep.

Marvie_3

Banned
This is kind of misleading since their ticket prices were so slow due to the team being shitty for a decade. Their average ticket price is barely above the NHL average right now but that'll creep up pretty quickly going forward.

Razorskin

----- ------
Excited for the game. I hope Desharnais plays well, because as much as I don't like him, he will be playing a lot of minutes.

Sanjuro

I apparently missed this.

@DarrenDreger
Reimer wasn't happy with Boychuk shot beating him high.Says may have been fooled by a black seat in stands at eye level, but says no excuse.

What?

Spazo

I apparently missed this.

@DarrenDreger
Reimer wasn't happy with Boychuk shot beating him high.Says may have been fooled by a black seat in stands at eye level, but says no excuse.

What?

Hahahah, next game all fans will be dressed in black

do it !

Socreges

Banned
What the fuck did Spectre do

So the fuck what. The guy even said he didn't really care and just wanted to tell GAF. How fucking stupid.
I think it could be the ad hominem attack against the "science reporter". His last three posts are all a bit stupid in their own unique way, though I don't think any of them deserved a ban.

Socreges

Banned
Hahahah, next game all fans will be dressed in black

do it !
1. Give out 18,000 black t-shirts.
2. Instruct side opposite Reimer during 1st/3rd period to wear shirt at that time.
3. Instruct side opposite Reimer during 2nd period to wear shirt at that time.

Would be amazing.

I think it could be the ad hominem attack against the "science reporter". His last three posts are all a bit stupid in their own unique way, though I don't think any of them deserved a ban.

I'm glad I didn't quote the guy and go "so what's the problem?" when he said he wasn't bothered now. I was going to but couldn't get any WiFi on the part of campus I was on.

Some of these bans..

Solo

It's a little Tabris-esque, but I kinda like what the Habs website is doing:

untitledzbfed.jpg

Presumably each win results in one torch being lit and the Cup getting brighter.

His ban history probably had something to do with it.

No Schneider at practice. Same D pairings.

Forward lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kesler-Roy-Higgins
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Kassian-Ebbett-Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom