• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
pens in 6 (if crosby comes back) otherwise nyi in 7
montreal in 6
caps in 7
bos/tor ... too much truculence for the world to handle. im predicting the playoffs too be cancelled

blues in 6 (halak should be back, right> otherwise kings in 6)
canucks in 7
wings in 5
blackhawks in 4

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs writer doesn't seem to think CBC passes up on a double Canadian match up, looks like Canucks maybe out. I'm okay with this.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Habs writer doesn't seem to think CBC passes up on a double Canadian match up, looks like Canucks maybe out. I'm okay with this.

If the schedule is how everyone is saying here it may work out for them...but then they screw the West entirely.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You do realize that a Habs writer would obviously hope for the team he's covering to be taken up by CBC, right? I'm sure any Canucks writer is going to say the same about the Canucks. Again, I don't think they'll pick 2 teams with roughly the same geographic coverage and screw the entire West.

Red_Man

If the schedule is how everyone is saying here it may work out for them...but then they screw the West entirely.
Fuck the West. Apparently Canuck tickets aren't selling as well for these playoffs as before. The bandwagon has cooled off after their choke job.

You do realize that a Habs writer would obviously hope for the team he's covering to be taken up by CBC, right? I'm sure any Canucks writer is going to say the same about the Canucks. Again, I don't think they'll pick 2 teams with roughly the same geographic coverage and screw the entire West.
You do realize the Sharks aren't a Canadian team right? 3 Canadian teams > 2 Canadian teams for a Canadian Broadcasting Company, it makes sense.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh boy forgot I'm going to a stag on Saturday.

Gonna have a box for the Jays game, eat some steak at 6pm and then go watch the Leafs game at a bar...followed by private dancers late into the night...

Oh my.

Smiley90

Fuck the West. Apparently Canuck tickets aren't selling as well for these playoffs as before. The bandwagon has cooled off after their choke job.

:lol Are you joking? We've been selling out every game for years in a row. It doesn't even matter anymore at this point. All the games are going to be sold out, whoever says otherwise is an idiot.

MacAttack

I wonder what its going to take to see Dougie Hamilton in the playoffs. Redden has taken his spot on the roster and unless there's an injury, I don't see him dressing for most games. Would Claude put him in over a veteran if they fall behind in a series?

Red_Man

Tickets are expensive, yes. That doesn't mean they won't be sold. I won't judge people for not immediately jumping on a 300 dollar ticket.
Didn't read the whole thing eh?

Coincidentally, the team is dispatching assistant GM Laurence Gilman and COO Victor de Bonis to local radio stations Monday. The team requested they come in to do a couple of minutes on air on each station to give away tickets and promote the Canucks’ “Playoff Initiatives.

Don't be offended that all the bandwagoners are jumping off, Tabris has enough blind optimism in him to make up for half that stadium.

I wonder what its going to take to see Dougie Hamilton in the playoffs. Redden has taken his spot on the roster and unless there's an injury, I don't see him dressing for most games. Would Claude put him in over a veteran if they fall behind in a series?

I don't think so. You're probably right that it'll take an injury

Smiley90

Didn't read the whole thing eh?

I don't see your point. The games will be sold out, until that doesn't happen I don't see what discussion we're having. They sell out slightly slower, because not everyone wants to cough up 300 dollar per ticket? That can only be good, if it means lower ticket prices in the future. Which won't happen, because they'll still sell out. I wouldn't call "people being unable to afford playoff tickets" = bandwagoners jumping off. :p

To get back to CBC: When do they announce what series they're taking, usually?

WEST
Blackhawks vs. Wild, in 4
- Not much of a contest, imho.

Red Wings vs. Ducks, in 7
- Never count out Detroit, but I think the Ducks are going to take this in the end.

Sharks vs. Canucks, in 7
- As much as I'd love to see another CHI/VAN series, I think this series is going to be an upset.

Kings vs. Blues, in 5
- Fuck Hitchcock.

EAST
Islanders vs. Penguins, in 5
- Pens have too many good pieces to be beaten by the Islanders, even without Crosby.

Senators vs. Canadiens, in 4
- Carey Price.

Rangers vs. Capitals, in 5
- Caps have been hot at the perfect time.

Maple Leafs vs. Bruins, in 7
- Much better matched up under Carlyle than Wilson. Plenty of secondary scoring besides Kessel. Shut up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
WED / SAT / MON / WED

for leafs/bruins

fuck

but no conflicts with habs/sens

fuck fuck fuck

I wanted early quick games to get them while they're tired and reeling. We could steal at least one.

Two days off gets them plenty angry and we may be rusty by then.

I hope that crowd on Monday/Wednesday brings it for our boys.

Red_Man

I don't see your point. The games will be sold out, until that doesn't happen I don't see what discussion we're having. They sell out slightly slower, because not everyone wants to cough up 300 dollar per ticket? That can only be good, if it means lower ticket prices in the future. Which won't happen, because they'll still sell out.

To get back to CBC: When do they announce what series they're taking, usually?
My point is that if one of the assistant GM's has to go out and sit on his ass on radio giving away free tickets then interest probably isn't the same as previous years, especially in a market like Vancouver.

Smiley90

My point is that if one of the assistant GM's has to go out and sit on his ass on radio giving away free tickets then interest probably isn't the same as previous years, especially in a market like Vancouver.

Probably yeah, but whether that's due to an increase in ticket prices and fans not wanting to pay that much money a couple years in a row or people losing interest in the Canucks in general isn't easy to tell.

Also, sources on the CBC news?

The only bad thing about this is that I'll have to use my VPN for GCL instead of the direct CBC stream. Oh well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Probably yeah, but whether that's due to an increase in ticket prices and fans not wanting to pay that much money a couple years in a row or people losing interest in the Canucks in general isn't easy to tell.

Also, sources on the CBC news?

NHL network

im watching

Canucks on TSN

Leafs/Habs/Sens on CBC

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
For Leafs fans:

Someone put this up at Kennedy station apparently:

BIvX1buCAAQjL4T.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.