• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL PlayOffs |OT| Keep your hopes up, and your salt on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
---

PIT vs NYI in 4.
MTL vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs NYR in 7.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

PIT vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs TOR in 5.

PIT vs TOR in 5.

---

CHI vs PIT in 7.

kid-birthday-hat-gif.gif

Socreges

Banned
CBC has had poor relations with the Canucks for years. They won't be missed. Would have been nice to have Hughson call the Nucks/Sharks series, but he was always going to be given the Sens/Habs (or Leafs/Habs, if it came to that).

Hoping Cuthbert gets the call.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
CBC has had poor relations with the Canucks for years. They won't be missed. Would have been nice to have Hughson call the Nucks/Sharks series, but he was always going to be given the Sens/Habs (or Leafs/Habs, if it came to that).

Hoping Cuthbert gets the call.

Pretty sure she'll be watching the Leafs games.

Tabris

Their one up one down system is LEGENDARY! I forgot to list that as another reason TSN is great.

The feedback you get when someone like Ray Ferraro tells you what's going on at the bench is awesome.

EDIT - Note, I don't need to listen/watch Pierre Maguire or whoever the east gets between the benches. Ray Ferraro is pretty good.

Cool we get to sweep Montreal in the second round now
Actually, the only way this happens is if Washington loses against NYR and you win against Boston. Then it would be Pitts-NYR, Habs-Toronto. If Washington, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Toronto wins, it's Habs against Washington and you get raped by Pittsburgh.

Right?

Samyy

Actually, the only way this happens is if Washington loses against NYR and you win against Boston. Then it would be Pitts-NYR, Habs-Toronto. If Washington, Pittsburgh, Montreal and Toronto wins, it's Habs against Washington and you get raped by Pittsburgh.

Right?

Yes but I dont see Washington beating New York

Smiley90

Right?

EDIT: Nvm.

Tabris

Almost every person not a Nucks fan is picking "Sharks in 7"

Interesting. They are the underdogs. Like Rudy. I'm psyched for the playoffs!

lol, if people pick Canucks then Tabris echoes "DESTINY" but if people pick the Sharks then it's "RUDY! UNDERDOGS!"

You're so fucking lost, Tabris :lol

I have seen the future. Some of my predictions are bold, some are not. But this is what will happen. Remember I have predicted the outcome of this Habs season (the last two games, ok...) :

CHI vs MIN in 5.
ANA vs DET in 6.
VAN vs SJS in 6.
STL vs LAK in 5.

CHI vs LAK in 7.
VAN vs ANA in 4.

LAK vs ANA in 6.

---

PIT vs NYI in 5.
MTL vs OTT in 6.
WAS vs NYR in 5.
BOS vs TOR in 6.

PIT vs TOR in 5.
MTL vs WAS in 6.

PIT vs MTL in 6.

---

ANA vs PIT in 6.

calder

EAST
Islanders vs. Penguins in 4
- Crosby will play the last couple, and I feel like I need to pick at least one sweep

Senators vs. Canadiens in 7
- I think Ottawa matches up well, but it's a pick-em

Rangers vs. Capitals in 5

Leafs vs. Bruins in 5
- giving the Leafs one win, just for Quick

WEST
Wild vs. Blackhawks in 5

Red Wings vs. Ducks in 6

Sharks vs. Canucks in 7
- would love to be proven wrong SJ!

Kings vs. Blues in 6
- going to be a bloodbath

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Seeing Calder's post reminded me.

Quick you have my axe. You are definitely not alone in knowing Jets fans that were overly cocky and condescending towards the Leafs.

I've come across a few and a friend of mine who's company has a Winnipeg office would always tell me about how cocky the Jets fans in that office was towards the Toronto one...until they got eliminated.

Socreges

Banned
Re: Canucks ticket sales

- TV ratings have continued to go up locally. The success has continued to create fans who stay on board after being converted during the playoffs.
- Reg season games were sold out, ~430 consecutive now. Longest streak in the league.

The problem now is that the lower bowl isn't selling out because ticket prices have gone up again and fewer people are willing to blow their load on the first round. I'm excited for the playoffs, but I personally haven't even considered plunking down $300 for a first round game. I'll get hyped and reckless financially when they make it a bit further.

They will get sold out by game time, but the lack of fervour doesn't surprise me.

Tabris

Yeah, I'm waiting / hoping for second round, as that $300 is for standard lower bowl. Nicer seats are $400+. Those are non-scalper prices.

Smiley90

If I buy any playoff tickets, it'll be if I get tickets for a series against the Hawks. That's about it. Too expensive otherwise.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fair warning: just like in previous years, round 2 OT can be taken by someone else

Also.... For anyone who does the cup finals thread... Put it in the OT forum! No need to be insular :)

Quick

Banned
EAST
Leafs vs. Bruins in 5
- giving the Leafs one win, just for Quick

ibedoWqIOHoZsT.gif

I don't need your god damn pity!

Seeing Calder's post reminded me.

Quick you have my axe. You are definitely not alone in knowing Jets fans that were overly cocky and condescending towards the Leafs.

I've come across a few and a friend of mine who's company has a Winnipeg office would always tell me about how cocky the Jets fans in that office was towards the Toronto one...until they got eliminated.

See, I figure it was elation from winning against the Leafs at first, but it continued on and on, then came elimination and they suddenly vanished until now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I find it hilarious that in all of the previews of the Rangers-Caps series on NHLN and NBC Sports so far, I have yet to hear Derek Stepan's name even once. It's been nothing but Lundqvist, Richards, Nash, and Callahan.

Somebody want to let these guys know that Stepan is our top center and leading scorer on the season?

Tabris

Fair warning: just like in previous years, round 2 OT can be taken by someone else

Also.... For anyone who does the cup finals thread... Put it in the OT forum! No need to be insular :)

No, you should take it. Your OP is great. I don't want someone like Marvie to do it where he just posts a stupid GIF.

Socreges

Banned
I find it hilarious that in all of the previews of the Rangers-Caps series on NHLN and NBC Sports so far, I have yet to hear Derek Stepan's name even once. It's been nothing but Lundqvist, Richards, Nash, and Callahan.

Somebody want to let these guys know that Stepan is our top center and leading scorer on the season?
Ashamed to say I didn't even know this.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
No, you should take it. Your OP is great. I don't want someone like Marvie to do it where he just posts a stupid GIF.

We will see where my motivation goes lol

I ended up bring fairly terrible in updating in my 2002/2003/2004 OTs

Fuck it though - its not like any other community on GAF makes brackets like I do :)

Yeah, I fear him and Nash the most.

Stepan always seems to score against the Caps like Carlson does against the Rangers.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 19s

BOS/TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake MON/OTT: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall STL/LA: Lee/Hrudey/Amber CHI/MINN: Brown/Millen

Socreges

Banned
Just read the last few pages. Sorry Smiley but you got reamed hard by CBC. Why were you so convinced that they'd choose the Canucks over two Canadian teams? Rhetorical. Don't answer that.

calder

See, I figure it was elation from winning against the Leafs at first, but it continued on and on, then came elimination and they suddenly vanished until now.

We vanished... Thursday? Until now? Was there a Lost style time jump during those three days or were you missing us? :) Good to hear, but we just went to the Bad Place for a few days.
I'll PM you the link next Wednesday.

Quick

Banned
We vanished... Thursday? Until now? Was there a Lost style time jump during those three days or were you missing us? :) Good to hear, but we just went to the Bad Place for a few days.
I'll PM you the link next Wednesday.

iuzh70lDiBLto.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom