• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Quick

Banned
inmCZPhNnxvF.gif

Cowen and Karlsson came back near the end of the season and weren't ready for a playoff run, neither was Spezza. Season was in the shitter the moment all of them went down.

Amazing we made it this far.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Cowen and Karlsson came back near the end of the season and weren't ready for a playoff run, neither was Spezza. Season was in the shitter the moment all of them went down.

Amazing we made it this far.

Year 2/3 of our rebuild. Made the playoffs twice and the second round once with a depleted roster.

I consider this year a success.

Year 2/3 of our rebuild. Made the playoffs twice and the second round once with a depleted roster.

I consider this year a success.

It's a fucking huge success. Team is barely above the cap floor and will have to spend next year to get above if they let Gonchar go (please do).

Spezza didn't look that bad when he came back.

Not that good either, there is no way you can most almost the entire season and come back anywhere near 100%

Silexx

Can't linger too long since I have to wake up early tomorrow since I'm going paintballing for my birthday.

GG Pens. We had a good run, but just couldn't overcome Pens depth. This is going to serve as good experience for the young guys on our team and I am almost certain that Alfie is coming back for another season.

Bright side, we retain our drafting position in a allegedly deep draft. Dat Murray drafting and all that.

Whelp, I'm off to vent this loss by shooting up some mofos.

Alucard

Banned

The only guys on the Pens I'd like to see with a Cup are Iggy and Vokoun.

Brenden Morrow?

And what about future hall of famer Beau Bennett? Or TANNER GLASS? Or James Neal?!

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, though. Pens are only halfway up the mountain.

Can't sleep. Still hard after the win.

Alucard

Banned
Can't linger too long since I have to wake up early tomorrow since I'm going paintballing for my birthday.

GG Pens. We had a good run, but just couldn't overcome Pens depth. This is going to serve as good experience for the young guys on our team and I am almost certain that Alfie is coming back for another season.

Bright side, we retain our drafting position in a allegedly deep draft. Dat Murray drafting and all that.

Whelp, I'm off to vent this loss by shooting up some mofos.

Happy bday. Sens fans should feel proud of this season. You guys made Carey Price look like Marc-Andre Fleury.

Acid08

Banned
Brenden Morrow?

And what about future hall of famer Beau Bennett? Or TANNER GLASS? Or James Neal?!

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, though. Pens are only halfway up the mountain.

Can't sleep. Still hard after the win.
Morrow can go FUCK himself.

I'm in for Murray if the Sharks get eliminated.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
NHL Network, are you stupid? "The Rangers obviously didn't win the game because Brad Richards was out of the lineup." Kreider wouldn't have been on Nash's line and the game winning goal would never have happened if Brad Richards wasn't out of the lineup!

Brad Richards will not be in the lineup again against the Bruins. I mean, nobody has announced that or anything, but that's simply the way it is. He wouldn't be put back in until game 1 against the Penguins with the hope that being scratched for 4 games would give him the motivation to bounce back.

That is, of course, assuming there is actually a game 1 against the Penguins. Otherwise you may never see Richards in a Rangers jersey again.

Do you have an NHL analogue for the teams, so I know which I would like to cheer for?

Melbourne Ice have been the champions for the past 3 seasons, so they're like the pre-cap era Detroit Red Wings or Original 6 Montreal Canadiens.

The Canberra Knights are currently coming 7/8 but are a young, exciting team. The problem they have is mainly leaky defense. So basically, they're the Florida Panthers.

The Melbourne Ice are coming off of getting shutout by the Newcastle North Stars 2-0 last weekend and were looking slow and shitty. They may either be looking for redemption this game or continue their pathetic ways.

Marvie_3

Banned
Melbourne Ice have been the champions for the past 3 seasons, so they're like the pre-cap era Detroit Red Wings or Original 6 Montreal Canadiens.

The Canberra Knights are currently coming 7/8 but are a young, exciting team. The problem they have is mainly leaky defense. So basically, they're the Florida Panthers.

The Melbourne Ice are coming off of getting shutout by the Newcastle North Stars 2-0 last weekend and were looking slow and shitty. They may either be looking for redemption this game or continue their pathetic ways.

So Melbourne Ice = Chicago Blackhawks.

Marvie_3

Banned
And for you North Stars fans, they were in the news for their game last weekend: http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/2013/05/22/north-stars-back-on-top/

iuEBTZKQovpY6.gif

AWW CRIKEY I found a Livestream for the Newcastle North Stars vs Adelaide Adrenaline game that's happening at 5pm as well - http://www.livestream.com/newcastlenorthstars/

The camera is gonna be shit though.

iuEBTZKQovpY6.gif

Edit: What the fuck is this? I think all the lights except one are out in that building.

Top Bottom