• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Clydefrog

CAKE BOSS

tumblr_mb54rrazYD1qcyz8r.gif

tumblr_mb55drIX6K1r06ysq.gif

This fuckin guy's face is the reason why I've never watched Doctor Who. good lord he's British.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 7,988
User Name Posts
Acid08 464
Marvie_3 365
Alucard 333
Red_Man 320
equippedwithtowel 288
Cake Boss 279
MetatronM 246
Smiley90 208
wsoxfan1214 198
Socreges 191

Only three of the top 10 posters in here still have a team in the playoffs :lol

dude i'm getting close. the day I break top 10 is a dark day in NHL-GAF history

edit: i'll def make it if I keep posting during the WCF

edit: did you hear that, acid? IF I KEEP POSTING DURING THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. AS A KINGS FAN. EXCUSE ME ACID DID YOU HEAR ME? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLglMOdjak

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Pretty cool that the 5 remaining teams are the last 5 cup winners (LA, Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit).
Parity among the elite teams.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This fuckin guy's face is the reason why I've never watched Doctor Who. good lord he's British.

dude i'm getting close. the day I break top 10 is a dark day in NHL-GAF history

edit: i'll def make it if I keep posting during the WCF

edit: did you hear that, acid? IF I KEEP POSTING DURING THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. AS A KINGS FAN. EXCUSE ME ACID DID YOU HEAR ME? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGLglMOdjak
As much dedication and class as a King's fan....and troll huntsman user to boot. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Made it through the entire Stone Brewing tour without checking my phone (if you like beer you have to go sometime, and try and get the private tour for $50). Made it through all of dinner without checking my phone. Wanted to peek while watching the game, didn't.

JUSTIN FUCKING WILLIAMS.

Congrats to LA, now that is one fucking deep team.

Hopefully people actually start caring there.

Nobody in LA will ever care. Still don't know why the NFL wants to move back. If it's not the Lakers, it's a novelty. And the Lakers only escape because they've never fallen into extended mediocrity.

Hunter S.

Nobody in LA will ever care. Still don't know why the NFL wants to move back. If it's not the Lakers, it's a novelty. And the Lakers only escape because they've never fallen into extended mediocrity.

Lol, is not your city known for only two teams? the San Diego Padres, and the San Diego chockers!?!?!?!

Hunter S.

Just barely.

I'm not from San Diego, just live here. SD has the chillest of vibes, bro. Hard to leave once it sucks you in.

Been there as a very young teen. First time I got drunk and high at the same time if I recall correctly. Great beaches, and flowers everywhere. High on my short list of places I would choose to live in. But the chokers fans are horrible fans, and I just think that is not cool.

I'm not from San Diego, just live here. SD has the chillest of vibes, bro. Hard to leave once it sucks you in.

I hate it with a passion, the clubs dont accept a Swedish drivers license as ID, so I had to pee elsewhere, ended with my hands on the hood of a police car and a 300 bucks fine.

Just kidding, awesome place!(except the officers)

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 7,988
User Name Posts
Acid08 464
Marvie_3 365
Alucard 333
Red_Man 320
equippedwithtowel 288
Cake Boss 279
MetatronM 246
Smiley90 208
wsoxfan1214 198
Socreges 191

Only three of the top 10 posters in here still have a team in the playoffs :lol

I miss you all :( Next season.... I return... with a vengeance.
And probably an equally shitty Flyers squad....

LOL. I would bet that a majority of flyers fans are rooting against those guys now. Even people who didnt dislike them when they left dont want to see them win 2 cups after leaving.

Most of the people I know actually went out and got Kings gear last year they love those guys so much. I'll never stop rooting for Richie and Carts. They did a SHITTON for this team at our lowest point in the last few decades.

You are truly the worst fan.

Nope, I find people overly confident much worse.

It's okay to be a fan and think your team won't advantage but Crazed is just a depressed individual.

Positive thoughts only lead to greater disappointment when they fail. Stay negative so that a positive outcome makes you much happier. :D

With that said, I will still cheer them on and will be ecstatic if they can pull off the win, but won't be surprised if they lose.

ShaneB

Praying for a Blackhawks win tonight. I wouldn't mind at all a Blackhawks/Kings series, that would be fun to watch(and I guess my horse left is the Hawks for my Dad), and the more I think about it, Pens/Bruins will no doubt be some pretty exciting hockey to watch, and uh, go Iggy I guess.

edit: also... on the topic of Vokoun.... when he makes a save at a home game, are they cheering "Koon?"

Praying for a Blackhawks win tonight. I wouldn't mind at all a Blackhawks/Kings series, that would be fun to watch(and I guess my horse left is the Hawks for my Dad), and the more I think about it, Pens/Bruins will no doubt be some pretty exciting hockey to watch, and uh, go Iggy I guess.

edit: also... on the topic of Vokoun.... when he makes a save at a home game, are they cheering "Koon?"

Racist.

calder

What's he talking about regarding Lundqvist's comments ? what did he say ?

pasting my post from the Off Season thread:

Anyone else like me didn't know what Lundqvist comments they meant on twitter:

And it may be happening in New York, where the biggest question of all next season will be whether Henrik Lundqvist wants to put up with this place much longer.

The word “tense” comes into play a lot during playoff hockey, but on Monday it took on a different meaning when Lundqvist used the past tense while describing his time with the Rangers. Given the opportunity to swear his allegiance forever to the sacred, diagonal logo — as did virtually every other free-agent-to-be — Lundqvist quite specifically avoided such a commitment.

“I’m gonna talk to my agent, and we’ll see,” Lundqvist said about potential contract talks. “You know, I had such a great time here in New York. From day one they treated me really well and have given me an opportunity to play a lot of hockey. It’s been a lot of fun. I have one more year on the contract. I’m just focused on — well, right now, I’m trying to get over this year — but we’ll see. I’ll talk to my agent and take it from there.”
Like Tortorella, Henrik Lundqvist has a year remaining on his contract and has an uncertain future with the Rangers.

Lundqvist chose to say “had” and “been,” when he might have employed “am having” and “is.” Those are sentences worth parsing. No matter where you stand on Tortorella, you surely know that Lundqvist is the most important element on this team. Tortorella’s relationship with Lundqvist, not his relationship with Brad Richards or Ryan Callahan, may become the single most important reason the coach is rehired or sent packing next season.

Cactus

Banned
Torts instantly 1st or 2nd choice behind Eakins in Vancouver?

Eakins is the rumored first choice? Wow. I didn't realize his stock was so high. I mean, he's been a great developmental AHL coach, but he hasn't really shown that he can coach a group of veterans. I kind of expected him to go to a young team like Colorado or Winnipeg.

Either way, it'll be a bittersweet day when he gets a coaching job in the NHL...
especially if it's with the Canucks.

-CRASH-

Banned
what's with all this "nobody in la cares" bullshit? maybe it's because you don't live here but I still see kings swag all over the place. even before the playoffs started. sure it's not at the same level as the lakers and dodgers but seriously most teams in any sport can't compete with that fan base so it's basically an irrelevant argument.

but yeah we're few in comparison but it feels good, more like a family an less like a fake Hollywood social popularity contest that plagues the lakers. feels good walking down the street in a kings shirt and having a random stranger honk at you givin u the thumbs up as he drives away and you see his kings bumper sticker so you know wassup. no one does that shit for the other teams here. kings community feels more intimate and close. I like it that way.

what's with all this "nobody in la cares" bullshit? maybe it's because you don't live here but I still see kings swag all over the place. even before the playoffs started. sure it's not at the same level as the lakers and dodgers but seriously most teams in any sport can't compete with that fan base so it's basically an irrelevant argument.

but yeah we're few in comparison but it feels good, more like a family an less like a fake Hollywood social popularity contest that plagues the lakers. feels good walking down the street in a kings shirt and having a random stranger honk at you givin u the thumbs up as he drives away and you see his kings bumper sticker so you know wassup. no one does that shit for the other teams here. kings community feels more intimate and close. I like it that way.

Because they don't give a shit until the playoffs or when the Lakers and Clippers are gone.

Top Bottom