• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Clydefrog

what's with all this "nobody in la cares" bullshit? maybe it's because you don't live here but I still see kings swag all over the place. even before the playoffs started. sure it's not at the same level as the lakers and dodgers but seriously most teams in any sport can't compete with that fan base so it's basically an irrelevant argument.

but yeah we're few in comparison but it feels good, more like a family an less like a fake Hollywood social popularity contest that plagues the lakers. feels good walking down the street in a kings shirt and having a random stranger honk at you givin u the thumbs up as he drives away and you see his kings bumper sticker so you know wassup. no one does that shit for the other teams here. kings community feels more intimate and close. I like it that way.

Because they don't give a shit until the playoffs or when the Lakers and Clippers are gone.

I'm sorry but we're looking for a different answer.

Clydefrog

Man, you can learn some weird things by navigating through Wikipedia articles. I learned that Torterella played hockey with a guy who would later be the producer for Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd.

Quick

Banned
what's with all this "nobody in la cares" bullshit? maybe it's because you don't live here but I still see kings swag all over the place. even before the playoffs started. sure it's not at the same level as the lakers and dodgers but seriously most teams in any sport can't compete with that fan base so it's basically an irrelevant argument.

but yeah we're few in comparison but it feels good, more like a family an less like a fake Hollywood social popularity contest that plagues the lakers. feels good walking down the street in a kings shirt and having a random stranger honk at you givin u the thumbs up as he drives away and you see his kings bumper sticker so you know wassup. no one does that shit for the other teams here. kings community feels more intimate and close. I like it that way.

That's pretty cool. Though, you guys do have a Hollywood bandwagon. Not a bad thing, by any means.

When the Kings won the cup ~250k showed up. When the bruins won over million showed up. Not saying people don't care there but that's an interesting way of looking at it.

Alucard

Banned
Nope, I find people overly confident much worse.

Positive thoughts only lead to greater disappointment when they fail. Stay negative so that a positive outcome makes you much happier. :D

With that said, I will still cheer them on and will be ecstatic if they can pull off the win, but won't be surprised if they lose.

You expect failure and have almost no faith in your team. I consider that to be much worse and less healthy than believing your team is actually capable of competing. The fact that you were acting angry and disappointed when the Wings lost shows you lack perspective. The Wings have had a successful year by most fans' observations due to just making it this far.

P.S. The Pens would steamroll the Wings in the finals this season. But you already know that and wouldn't be surprised to see it.

It is more intimate and close. Because nobody cares. The people that do care are few and far between. Nothing wrong with that. And you're right, running into another Kings fan in Southern California is like finding a golden ticket.

Outside looking in, when you see a second round playoff game and the Kings go from "small, intimate, loyal fanbase" to "Bieber and Jaden Smith", I'm sure it gives a bad impression.

Heretic

My issue with LA bandwagon fans, or all BW fans for that matter, is that they talk so much shit. They haven't been through the perils that we have. They come along and get instant gratification while we're left to suffer our team's demise. Not only that but we have to put up with their taunts and overall annoying personalities and when they finally do lose, they don't give a shit. Don't get me wrong though, I welcome more fans, i'm sure we all do. We just have to get past their initial bs. If they stay then good.

I keep telling my little nephew that those fans don't truly appreciate the taste of victory because they've never felt defeat. If/When we win the cup, it'll be sweeter than theirs.

Maybe I'm just a bitter old man...

You expect failure and have almost no faith in your team. I consider that to be much worse and less healthy than believing your team is actually capable of competing. The fact that you were acting angry and disappointed when the Wings lost shows you lack perspective. The Wings have had a successful year by most fans' observations due to just making it this far.

P.S. The Pens would steamroll the Wings in the finals this season. But you already know that and wouldn't be surprised to see it.

YOu'd better worry about getting past the Bruins.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Glad to see that prick gone, coaching like a fucking asshole doesn't work in today's NHL. Hopefully Lunqvist bails too so we can see the Rangers fighting for a lottery pick.

Alucard

Banned
YOu'd better worry about getting past the Bruins.

The Pens are a seasoned team who know what they're up against, who know their strengths, and who know what they need to do. As much as they and fans should worry about the Bruins, the Bruins should worry about the Pens even more. This is a team of hungry beasts who want nothing more than to tear the flesh off their opponents and pick through their bones. This is a team who OTHER teams can't afford to take lightly. Fuck the Bruins. Fuck the Wings. Fuck the Hawks. All bumps and victims on the road to another Pittsburgh Cup victory. Get ready to witness carnage and what an elite team can do to second-tier pretenders. Wooooooo!

Red_Man

Bish is probably the one who banned Cake Boss, like always he went over the line with his comments. Should have went home, he was clearly drunk.

MacAttack

tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

and Cake Boss.

equippedwithtowel too.

Red_Man

Should have GONE home. Not went. Gone. Like "the Habs have gone to the golf course."
Becoming a father was the worst thing that's happened to you, before you seemed like a genuine troll a la Tabris, now that it's clearly a farce it's lost all meaning man :(

The Pens are a seasoned team who know what they're up against, who know their strengths, and who know what they need to do. As much as they and fans should worry about the Bruins, the Bruins should worry about the Pens even more. This is a team of hungry beasts who want nothing more than to tear the flesh off their opponents and pick through their bones. This is a team who OTHER teams can't afford to take lightly. Fuck the Bruins. Fuck the Wings. Fuck the Hawks. All bumps and victims on the road to another Pittsburgh Cup victory. Get ready to witness carnage and what an elite team can do to second-tier pretenders. Wooooooo!

Bruins in six.

Well moment of truth, Go Wings! I hoping they can come out and surprise me here and get the win, I just don't know if that is going to happen. Come on boys, pull off another surprise!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I've had the 'hawks in this series all along, even when they went down 3-1, but I'm having a last minute change of heart. 3-2 Wings in an OT shocker.

pringles

Win or lose, it's been a fun playoff run and I'm proud of the way the Wings have proven the doubters wrong.

Fucking sucks that I'm at work and can't watch the game though.

I've had the 'hawks in this series all along, even when they went down 3-1, but I'm having a last minute change of heart. 3-2 Wings in an OT shocker.

<3

Win or lose, it's been a fun playoff run and I'm proud of the way the Wings have proven the doubters wrong.

Fucking sucks that I'm at work and can't watch the game though.

Pretty much, though it is disappointing when we had a 3-1 lead in the series, but this team has done way more than what was expected, and I think they will only get better with all of our rookies showing the skill and talent they have.

Velcro Fly

wings win if - howard stops every shot

hawks in if - their power play looks respectable

those are silkysmooth's no nonsense keys to the game

Alucard

Banned
Oh leave him alone.

He needs to man up and stop being such a fairweather supporter. The guy EXPECTS the Wings to lose almost every time they play, ridicules them for it, and acts like he "knew all along." When they win it's all "I can't believe it!" It's like having a kid, putting them in piano, thinking they're probably going to fail, then getting angry when they fuck up a recital saying "I told you you were terrible!" Or saying "Wow! I didn't think you had it in you" when the kid nails a recital. Btw, this kid has won numerous awards from his teachers over the years, but Crazed as a parent still can't believe it when his kid does something well.

Marvie_3

Banned
He needs to man up and stop being such a fairweather supporter. The guy EXPECTS the Wings to lose almost every time they play, ridicules them for it, and acts like he "knew all along." When they win it's all "I can't believe it!" It's like having a kid, putting them in piano, thinking they're probably going to fail, then getting angry when they fuck up a recital saying "I told you you were terrible!" Or saying "Wow! I didn't think you had it in you" when the kid nails a recital. Btw, this kid has won numerous awards from his teachers over the years, but Crazed as a parent still can't believe it when his kid does something well.

ibklbLwH0Sa2T3.gif

Well, yeah, but that's why we love him. At the very least he posts here constantly, unlike some other fairweather fans I know.

that is not a slight at you

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings are doing nothing right now.

Dumb penalty by Emmerton.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Boring game so far.

Babcock getting outcoached by Q--he's putting out some ridiculous line combinations.

Top Bottom