• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

cube444

You guys wanna know why Fleury starts Game 3?

It's because right now Bylsma can only cling to that as possible motivation in rallying the team, pointing to the 2009 Cup, etc.

Revenant

36rLtsT.gif
36rLtsT.gif
36rLtsT.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It'd be amazing if both Conference finals were a sweep. Would make for AMAZING uncertainty/tension before the SCF.

Alucard

Banned
Was in the bathroom vomiting, how bad did fleury look on that goal?

Open slapper from the point.

I say they go back to Vokoun in game 5. He's been the only one who has shown he can win in these playoffs for the Pens. It's not actually the Pens' goaltending's fault that the Pens can't muster up any offense whatsoever. Just...damn.

Was in the bathroom vomiting, how bad did fleury look on that goal?

LOL FLEURY...

Open slapper from the point.

I say they go back to Vokoun in game 5. He's been the only one who has shown he can win in these playoffs for the Pens. It's not actually the Pens' goaltending's fault that the Pens can't muster up any offense whatsoever. Just...damn.

The shitacular D has looked pretty... shitacular...

Revenant

"Bylsma announces Empty Net to start for game 3. one of the oldest goalies in the league, bylsma felt that net would bring a strong veteran presence to the locker room and on the ice alongside trade deadline pickups Jarome Iginla and Brendan Morrow....."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot believe how bad Pittsburgh's defense is. I thought Detroit's was bad earlier this year. This is much, much worse.

Revenant

I cannot believe how bad Pittsburgh's defense is. I thought Detroit's was bad earlier this year. This is much, much worse.

saying they have defense is an insult to shitty defensemen everywhere. They seem to be out to lunch whenever the puck is near their net.

JABEE

Maybe I don't recognize the furry avatar. :-/ Sorry.

I was also all in the offseason and lockout threads. I used to have my Flyers avatar, now I wear my Ryan Howard avatar to support a struggling athlete in my city.

I have been lurking a lot this season, because I have night classes. I'm no lifelong!

Dragon

Banned
I was also all in the offseason and lockout threads. I used to have my Flyers avatar, now I wear my Ryan Howard avatar to support a struggling athlete in my city.

Sorry Alucard is the one arbiter of fanhood in this thread. If you don't get his approval I don't know what you should do.

Alucard

Banned
After a loss like this on home ice? I personally think the pens are done in this series. Fire the coach, trade fleury and start fresh next season.

I'm down for this IF the Pens don't win this series. As mentioned, anything less than a Cup finals appearance will be a failure this season. It does seem like the Pens need a new voice in the lockerroom. Shero is loyal but can be shrewd as well. He wants to win and he knows the window with guys like Crosby and Malkin isn't big. They're both just hitting their primes NOW, so Shero is definitely focused on a Cup NOW.

MacAttack

Watching the highlights of that game you would think this was the hockey version of the Harlem Globe Trotters vs The Washington Generals.

Alucard

Banned
Sorry Alucard is the one arbiter of fanhood in this thread. If you don't get his approval I don't know what you should do.

Dude, come on. A bunch of randoms (at least 4 or 5) showing up over the past 3 days as the Bruins are in the Conference Finals? 2 of them with Red Sox and Patriots avatars? GTFO the bandwagon.

Totally salty right now.

Dragon

Banned
Dude, come on. A bunch of randoms (at least 4 or 5) showing up over the past 3 days as the Bruins are in the Conference Finals? 2 of them with Red Sox and Patriots avatars? GTFO the bandwagon.

Totally salty right now.

I know it sucks to have your team shit the bed so far. We all get salty but not posting in here all the time doesn't mean we're lifelongs. I know that's all you got though until the Pens sack up.

JABEE

The best case scenario is Chicago winning it all this year. In any other year I wouldn't want that to happen, because they beat the Flyers in 2010, but this is one of those years where every option left is painful.

bardia

The best case scenario is Chicago winning it all this year. In any other year I wouldn't want that to happen, because they beat the Flyers in 2010, but this is one of those years where every option left is painful.

I'd rather have the Bruins win again.

Alucard

Banned

If the Bruins beat the Pens, I'm all in for the Hawks. Not really any players that I outright despise on that team like on the Bruins.

Anyway, here's hoping the Bruins are cocky and confident, though given their experience, I doubt it.

Plain and simple, the Pens really do need to sack the fuck up. They played like a bunch of chickens with their heads chopped off tonight and they were laying eggs all over the ice in the forms of drop passes to no one.

Top Bottom