• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

As I mentioned in one of my early posts during the game, I was going to act like an asshole on purpose. It's not me, but it's what I do when I see post after post of old and tired Pens and Crosby bashing. Same with Pens fans bashing. Who cares when a person became a fan? I've been watching the team for 22 years, and while I started watching hockey during the Lemieux era, the only reason I became a Pens fan was because the guy who introduced me to hockey was one.

1) Every team gets shit on here at some point
2) There's a difference between being a fan and being a bandwagon fan.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Do they still have those sour cream glazed timbits? Shit was gdlk but the only place I could find them was in an Oakville chain

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Don't bother with the Boston creme Ben & Jerry's flavor, fellow donut lovers. It was a huge disappointment.

The BC Yoplait flavor is surprisingly solid, though.

Alucard

Banned
1) Every team gets shit on here at some point
2) There's a difference between being a fan and being a bandwagon fan.

I agree that there's a difference between a fan and a bandwagon fan, but I think the idea that this thread has been "flooded" by Pens bandwagon fans simply isn't true. I've seen one "new" fan in this thread, and Smash, who has been around here a while, and who has no qualms talking about jumping ship from Toronto to Pittsburgh. I know we value loyalty in sports fandom, but I can understand giving up on a franchise which went through many awful awful seasons due to greedy management.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, I'd also like to bring something delicious into this thread.

natrel-dchocolate-milk1.jpg

Dark chocolate milk. I'm not joking. It's heavenly.

Alucard

Banned
I want this. Have never seen it around here.

I've only started noticing it in grocery stores here over the past couple of months. I might have been blind, or it might actually be a new idea. Regardless, if you ever see some, don't hesitate to pick it up.

Oh man, I should really just get to bed.

Alucard

Banned
I really love Pensblog sometimes. Their title to an article which gifs the Orpik/Gryba hit:

Orpik and Some Guy Collide. Guy Doesn't Fair Well.

Socreges

Banned
I agree that there's a difference between a fan and a bandwagon fan, but I think the idea that this thread has been "flooded" by Pens bandwagon fans simply isn't true. I've seen one "new" fan in this thread, and Smash, who has been around here a while, and who has no qualms talking about jumping ship from Toronto to Pittsburgh. I know we value loyalty in sports fandom, but I can understand giving up on a franchise which went through many awful awful seasons due to greedy management.
And then jumped aboard the franchise that had just drafted 1st (Fleury), 2nd (Malkin) and 1st (Crosby) overall in the previous three seasons.

That's pretty sad on its own, but what gets me, and why I'll continue to laugh at him, is that he's never owned up to this being the reason why he jumped ship to the Pens, and even lied about it and pretended that he had adopted the Penguins before they had won the lottery and drafted Crosby.

Marvie_3

Banned
And then jumped aboard the franchise that had just drafted 1st (Fleury), 2nd (Malkin) and 1st (Crosby) overall in the previous three seasons.

That's pretty sad on its own, but what gets me, and why I'll continue to laugh at him, is that he's never owned up to this being the reason why he jumped ship to the Pens, and even lied about it and pretended that he had adopted the Penguins before they had won the lottery and drafted Crosby.
He was molested by the employees of MLSE. How many times does he have to say it??

Alucard

Banned

Would it make a difference if he did own up to it? He'd probably just be bullied out of this thread.

Slurmer, thanks. I also enjoy professional wrestling, so that might make me lose some cool points.

Socreges

Banned
Would it make a difference if he did own up to it? He'd probably just be bullied out of this thread.
He already gets made fun of for exactly that reason. The fact that he won't own up to it doesn't deceive anyone, but does make him look slightly pathetic.

Top Bottom