• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Alucard

Banned
So much salt.

Watch more Pittsburgh games.

They top that every night.

angry-penguin-o.gif

GTFO.

'Nite!

Acid08

Banned
Apparently Quick got a game misconduct at the end of the game for abuse of officials lol

He went right over the to the officials and cried his little heart out. Such an amazing goalie but what a little bitch. That's one of the things I like so much about Nemo, he doesn't do that shit.

calder

Apparently Quick got a game misconduct at the end of the game for abuse of officials lol

He's only behind Mike Smith for me when it comes to unbearable goalies lol

Oh I finished up the last podcast, you guys are all doing great work. Really enjoyed it despite the lack of a 10 minute segment on the Jets. You guys need an album cover though, I'm fussy about weird things and not having a graphic for mp3s is one of them.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's only behind Mike Smith for me when it comes to unbearable goalies lol

Oh I finished up the last podcast, you guys are all doing great work. Really enjoyed it despite the lack of a 10 minute segment on the Jets. You guys need an album cover though, I'm fussy about weird things and not having a graphic for mp3s is one of them.

Desi made one. I just keep forgetting to upload it. :lol

Also, who wants in the podcast this week?

Won't even have internet tommorow, getting cakebossed at a family cottage.

I'd PM Sanjuro, he seems like a class act and it would probably be good for someone to actually talk about the Bruins/Rangers series.

Honestly, the Kings deserved that loss. They played like passive wimps for a good portion of the game. The puck was in their zone 75% of the time, and when they did manage to get it back, they didn't even try to get on the offensive, but just cleared it out as though San Jose was on the power play. Some of that weak shit was necessitated by line changes, but a lot of it wasn't. They hardly ever advanced the puck into the SJ zone, and when they did, they were usually limited to 1-2 shots at most, if that. Just an incredibly weak showing on offense.

calder

Also, who wants in the podcast this week?

I'd love to be on after the playoffs if you want to do an off season pod. I assume the current topic would be primarily the playoffs and I don't have a lot to offer to that unless you need someone to list which remaining teams they hate most.

But pre draft/FA stuff I may have something to contribute. If nothing else we can get a head start on our upcoming, inevitable Central division rivalry.
Hawks will win every game but I'm sure one of our idiots can high stick P-Kane or something

Marvie_3

Banned
I'd love to be on after the playoffs if you want to do an off season pod. I assume the current topic would be primarily the playoffs and I don't have a lot to offer to that unless you need someone to list which remaining teams they hate most.

But pre draft/FA stuff I may have something to contribute. If nothing else we can get a head start on our upcoming, inevitable Central division rivalry.
Hawks will win every game but I'm sure one of our idiots can high stick P-Kane or something
Sounds good.

Plan was to do one every week year round. By mid-August it's going to have nothing to do with hockey. :lol

salt salt shorks shorks. Is that all you can say?

keep acting salty and i'm going to point out said behavior, especially after your team wins. as for "shorks", I was just using the common parlance in this thread, something you participate in yourself with your oh-so-witty use of "Queens".

Socreges

Banned
Wait I'm looking at score mobiles box score.... What did quick do to get a game misconduct... And apparently cost his team the game

Aslo I'm dunkr lolly deeeerrrrrrrpppp

Couture's OT goal gives Sharks 2-1 win over Kings

calder

Australian hockey commentators are awesome

I kind of grew to like the random English dude who would commentate the live IIHF stream on YouTube for the secondary matchups (for the English language stream). I assume he was calling the game from a studio off the video feed, basically treated it like soccer match and just focused on sketching the basic gist of what was happening and getting jacked up when someone scored. Needless to say he was at least as good as half the smaller regional play by play guys you'll hear on Center Ice.

Marvie_3

Banned
I kind of grew to like the random English dude who would commentate the live IIHF stream on YouTube for the secondary matchups (for the English language stream). I assume he was calling the game from a studio off the video feed, basically treated it like soccer match and just focused on sketching the basic gist of what was happening and getting jacked up when someone scored. Needless to say he was at least as good as half the smaller regional play by play guys you'll hear on Center Ice.
I've seen that on some NHL streams for other countries. They'll have some guy talking over the actual commentators.

Dastardly was kind enough to hook me up with a link so I can watch some AIHL right now. FUCK MELBOURNE

calder

Wait I'm looking at score mobiles box score.... What did quick do to get a game misconduct... And apparently cost his team the game

Aslo I'm dunkr lolly deeeerrrrrrrpppp

Nah, the misconduct was after the game. Quick chased after the ref like a drunken toddler (even when not freaking out goalies skating fast are still ungainly as fuck which always amuses me) and got dinged for being a whiny bitch. He was presumably complaining about the two late minors the Kings got.

keep acting salty and i'm going to point out said behavior, especially after your team wins. as for "shorks", I was just using the common parlance in this thread, something you participate in yourself with your oh-so-witty use of "Queens".

I prefer to call them the Sharts. Wish that name would catch on.

calder

I've seen that on some NHL streams for other countries. They'll have some guy talking over the actual commentators.

Dastardly was kind enough to hook me up with a link so I can watch some AIHL right now. FUCK MELBOURNE

Nice. Wait, checking out the AIHL page and there's a team called the North Stars? I guess there's no law saying peeps in the Southern Hemisphere can't rep Polaris but it's a bit odd no? Regardless, the North Stars are now my AIHL team.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nice. Wait, checking out the AIHL page and there's a team called the North Stars? I guess there's no law saying peeps in the Southern Hemisphere can't rep Polaris but it's a bit odd no?

I wondered that same thing. :lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29249736&highlight=aihl#post29249736

Regardless, the North Stars are now my AIHL team.
ibmdRjxE9ddHLY.gif

I was watching the 2011 championship online and decided to be a fan of whichever team lost. Newcastle it was. :lol

Top Bottom