• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

calder

Good quality of play, good production on the broadcast, happy to watch

I assume home team is wearing white, so my North Stars are blue/red. Liking the rink, and anything called the Icehouse gets bonus points. Love hearing the refs talking to the players lol.

Woo Stars goal! Lucky deflection on the pass, but a good PP.

Acid08

Banned
No, thank YOU for taking an interest in our shitty league :D

Incidentally, this venue is the Icehouse. The best rink(s) in Australia, and my local.

How many people does it hold?

Also the picture on the side banner of that kid LEAPING on his skates is hilarious. So is that Teens picture.

NEW CASTLE KILLIN THESE CUNTS

How many people does it hold?

Also the picture on the side banner of that kid LEAPING on his skates is hilarious. So is that Teens picture.

NEW CASTLE KILLIN THESE CUNTS

1,000 people, all on the side that the camera is filming from. They're talking about extending it to the other side as well due to how popular the AIHL is becoming in Melbourne. On the other side is the recreational rink.

The banners are awesome :lol it's so good going in there and seeing a huge hockey presence.

Ice melting in the neutral zone, North Stars up two!

Hang on, going to find an Ice fan forum and start salting it up.

:lol

The chat on the side of the stream is pretty good for Aussie Salt.

TUSR

Banned
Waiting for these guys to voice their opinion on Australian hockey.

i got a buddy who plays over there and i was infinitely better than him when we played together. I want to play hockey 'professionally' in Australia, its been on my mind a lot lately.

Acid08

Banned
keep acting salty and i'm going to point out said behavior, especially after your team wins. as for "shorks", I was just using the common parlance in this thread, something you participate in yourself with your oh-so-witty use of "Queens".

You just say everything is salty and I don't think you understand what it means.

calder

North Stars are unstoppable.

Bet there are so many bandwagon North Stars fans there.

Damn rights. Of course, I'm a lifelong, but there's no arguing that a lot of bandwagon fans jumped on right after the first PP goal.

Hmm, looking up Newcastle Australia and I'm having second thoughts about my lifelong fandom - there's a town called Toronto just outside Newcastle. :\

Marvie_3

Banned
Damn rights. Of course, I'm a lifelong, but there's not arguing that a lot of bandwagon fans jumped on right after the first PP goal.

Hmm, looking up Newcastle Australia and I'm having second thoughts about my lifelong fandom - there's a town called Toronto just outside Newcastle. :\

That Toronto will probably win a Cup before the Leafs do.

Clydefrog

He's only behind Mike Smith for me when it comes to unbearable goalies lol

Oh I finished up the last podcast, you guys are all doing great work. Really enjoyed it despite the lack of a 10 minute segment on the Jets. You guys need an album cover though, I'm fussy about weird things and not having a graphic for mp3s is one of them.

XLIW2ZL.gif

WHAT rofl

calder

That Toronto will probably win a Cup before the Leafs do.

Melbourne Ice cold, damn.

Wow I was checking the AIHL site and saw a link for "join a team" and assumed it was some social media shit for fans but no, it's actually info on joining one of the teams. That's so fucking awesome.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Melbourne Ice cold, damn.

Wow I was checking the AIHL site and saw a link for "join a team" and assumed it was some social media shit for fans but no, it's actually info on joining one of the teams. That's so fucking awesome.

:lol amazing

Acid08

Banned
we have jake muzzin and keaton ellerby on defense. tanner pearson was playing his first NHL game EVER. brad richardson barely played a game the entire season. toffoli scored the kings' only goal.

scott hannan plays defense for us, boyle is awful when not on the pp, we have a 38 year old ahler in the lineup, and havlat injured himself AGAIN

calder

Lol I feel like the typical AIHL livestream crowd may not be on the salt levels necessary to really appreciate a bunch of NHL GAF assholes shitting up their chat.

Marvie_3

Banned
scott hannan plays defense for us, boyle is awful when not on the pp, we have a 38 year old ahler in the lineup, and havlat injured himself AGAIN

bubble gum accident?

Lol I feel like the typical AIHL livestream crowd may not be on the salt levels necessary to really appreciate a bunch of NHL GAF assholes shitting up their chat.

:lol I'm sure they have no idea what we're even talking about half the time.

calder

You need to hook us up with AIHL streams more often.

I feel like Dastardly has been keeping all the sweet AIHL love for himself, probably to be a big shot on the chat. Which was awesome.

Maybe next time the North Stars will find someone worthy of their skills. Because frankly, no offense to Ice fans here, this game was a laugher.

Top Bottom