• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Ahahaha, holy shit Quick.

You need to hook us up with AIHL streams more often.

I keep forgetting, and only remembered today because you mentioned Newcastle in chat. I'll definitely keep you guys posted of every live stream.

Also the AIHL page on Facebook is good for that stuff too.

I feel like Dastardly has been keeping all the sweet AIHL love for himself, probably to be a big shot on the chat. Which was awesome.

Maybe next time the North Stars will find someone worthy of their skills. Because frankly, no offense to Ice fans here, this game was a laugher.

Didn't even know there was a chat til tonight :lol

You guys were definitely the 3 stars though.

I want to be on the same podcast as Dastardly. Please

This needs to happen.

Acid08

Banned
i1tJvZADPwz3g.gif

omfg quick hahahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHA

Marvie_3

Banned
I feel like Dastardly has been keeping all the sweet AIHL love for himself, probably to be a big shot on the chat. Which was awesome.

Maybe next time the North Stars will find someone worthy of their skills. Because frankly, no offense to Ice fans here, this game was a laugher.
Yeah, the Ice should be relegated down to the NZ sheep hockey league.

You're not allowed on dude it's OUR show.

Yeah! The MACIPPED SHOW.

Holy shit Quick. :lol :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Dastardly! Why the hell did they have a ceremonial puck drop by the penalty boxes?

LOL @ Acid getting banned from the AIHL chat

calder

Dastardly is either that huge bald dude with the earring blocking the camera during the national anthem or he's the kid from the Icehouse banner.

izUIJBWr1f8HQ.png

RC

Banned
Wouldn't that mean they'd do that faceoff after the game instead of some random location on the ice?

That would be the opposite. Like wearing skates on your hands, while handling the puck with your feet. Hmmm, now there's an idea!

Clydefrog

So I went out and missed the 3rd and OT. How legit were those two penalties in the final minute of regulation on the Kings?

legit. the goalie interference could, in some other universe, not be called but it was. lewis ran right into niemi. he needs to learn how to skate.

Velcro Fly

legit. the goalie interference could, in some other universe, not be called but it was. lewis ran right into niemi. he needs to learn how to skate.

Yeah I heard people complaining about the interference call but I haven't had a chance to see it myself yet. Kinda glad the Kings lost. Hope the teams in the west beat each other up for 6 or 7 games before it's all said and done.

Socreges

Banned
I had a Brazilian say the words "ice hockey" to me tonight, and unironically. I calmly explained to him how fucking ridiculous that sounded to me as he looked on completely stupefied. Then I started calling soccer "grass football" and a light bulb went off in his head.

Hockey elitists. Extending the tentacles reach

Acid08

Banned
Quick may be given some supplemental discipline for going after an official and getting that misconduct. Violated Rule 39.5.

I'd expect a fine at most.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Quick may be given some supplemental discipline for going after an official and getting that misconduct. Violated Rule 39.5.

I'd expect a fine at most.

Yeah, no way they're gonna suspend him for something like that. If it was the regular season, maybe. During the playoffs? naw.

UberTag

Looks like there's a decent shot we'll get Redden back for our game this afternoon.
Minimal chance of Seidenberg or Ference.
I'd like to think we're not forcing the matter with Seidenberg due to winning Game 1, but I'm concerned about his availability on Tuesday if we lose today and that could spell problems.

Alucard

Banned
I had a Brazilian say the words "ice hockey" to me tonight, and unironically. I calmly explained to him how fucking ridiculous that sounded to me as he looked on completely stupefied. Then I started calling soccer "grass football" and a light bulb went off in his head.

Hockey elitists. Extending the tentacles reach

I bet he pronounced it as eye-see ho-key, or as aish ho-chee, too.

Can't blame the guy too much. Gotta clarify ball/street/roller/floor hockey.

Agree with you. Take game 4 and it's done. It was really close tonight too, which is good.

If the Kings keep playing like they did last night, they won't win another game in the series.

You cannot consistently cede control of the puck to the other team and seemingly make no serious attempt to generate scoring opportunities for 75% of the game and expect to win anything. If the puck is in our zone three quarters of the time, with San Jose getting shot after shot against Jonathan Quick, then it doesn't matter how great a goalie he is, we're going to lose like we did last night. We would have been down 4-1 by the 3rd period if he hadn't been a monster in the net.

San Jose won the battle of takeaways, but what I also noticed was that they absolutely dominated the battle of line changes. A lot of the time, our guys weren't able to recover possession of the puck until they'd played a full shift and were spent. This meant that when we did get the puck, we often had to dump it right back to San Jose in order to get a line change in, allowing them to get right back on offense. That shit can't keep happening, or we will lose three straight from here on out. We need to get the puck into San Jose's zone at least ~40% of the time and generate some sustained offense against Niemi. I think I counted 3-4 total opportunities for the Kings where we were able to take more than one consecutive shot against Niemi, whereas the Sharks had opportunities like that all night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't see the game last night, but good to see karma treat the Sharks well after the BS calls they got in game 2.

Kind of creepy that you remember how old I am. Suppose you have nothing better to do.
Not hard to remember when you reinforce it with every post, and are the only one who posts here that is underage AFAIK.

Acid08

Banned
If the Kings keep playing like they did last night, they won't win another game in the series.

You cannot consistently cede control of the puck to the other team and seemingly make no serious attempt to generate scoring opportunities for 75% of the game and expect to win anything. If the puck is in our zone three quarters of the time, with San Jose getting shot after shot against Jonathan Quick, then it doesn't matter how great a goalie he is, we're going to lose like we did last night. We would have been down 4-1 by the 3rd period if he hadn't been a monster in the net.

San Jose won the battle of takeaways, but what I also noticed was that they absolutely dominated the battle of line changes. A lot of the time, our guys weren't able to recover possession of the puck until they'd played a full shift and were spent. This meant that when we did get the puck, we often had to dump it right back to San Jose in order to get a line change in, allowing them to get right back on offense. That shit can't keep happening, or we will lose three straight from here on out. We need to get the puck into San Jose's zone at least ~40% of the time and generate some sustained offense against Niemi. I think I counted 3-4 total opportunities for the Kings where we were able to take more than one consecutive shot against Niemi, whereas the Sharks had opportunities like that all night.
At home TMac is an ace at getting the line changes and matchups that he wants. As I'm sure you noticed though he gets caught sometimes away. There were a few times our horrible 4th line got caught in our zone by the Richards line which is terrifying.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The most important game of Swiss National hockey history has begun. Go Go Go.

Proud regardless of the result, Silver is already a huge (over)achievement, based on the expectations we came in with.

Top Bottom