• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Yeah, no line-up changes for either team.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, no line-up changes for either team.

Aww man, I was hoping you guys would get Wade Redden back and take one of those rookies out. :D

Anyway, the key is going to be sorting out Zdeno Chara. He totally disrupted everything the Rangers tried to do in Game 1, including breaking up Brassard's cross to Nash to set up the game winning goal.

UberTag

Anyway, the key is going to be sorting out Zdeno Chara. He totally disrupted everything the Rangers tried to do in Game 1, including breaking up Brassard's cross to Nash to set up the game winning goal.
Good luck with that. Chara's going to continue to work double-duty so long as the old guys are out of commission.

Solve him and you'll be in good shape for a split.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck with that. Chara's going to continue to work double-duty so long as the old guys are out of commission.

Solve him and you'll be in good shape for a split.

I didn't say it was easy or even possible, but it is key. :D

Nice physical start both ways.

Hank needs to work on his rebound control.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
KRUG HOLY SHIT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

UberTag

clappingbear.gif

Stay hurt, Old Veteran Defensemen. The Krug Effect is now in control!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers' D has been TERRIBLE to start this game.

The D is tightening up nicely in the defensive zone. The Bruins are having it WAY too easy getting out of their own zone and through the neutral zone, though.

Both goals were the result of really nice plays.

vatstep

I'd blame Marchand there before Hamilton (who just isn't as fast as Callahan)

Marchand also stopped skating completely
I know, that was mostly on Marchand, I just wanted Dougie to turn on the nitrous.

vatstep

Bruins look pretty good. Better energy early on than I was expecting. Matinees are the worst.

TheFatOne

Bruins look pretty good. Better energy early on than I was expecting. Matinees are the worst.

They played a solid period.Peverly needs to sit. Paille should be playing in his spot. He has definitely earned that much. I would rather have Paille play on the third line and the yeti play on the fourth line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vancouver was better on the power play during the season than the Rangers.

22 VANCOUVER 15.8%
23 NY RANGERS 15.7%

We were running like 12/13% before Kesler came back for the last few games I think.

Also, a .1% difference is not really "better", lol. I'd argue they're similarly bad.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stat line looks like a typical Rangers win. Outhitting, winning the faceoff battle, better on giveaways, winning on blocked shots, no penalties. Those are all Ranger win hallmarks.

The forecheck needs to be more effective. Boston can't keep on being allowed to come out with numbers constantly. The D has done a good job of getting back and minimizing the chances they actually get on those rushes, but Boston will score at least twice more if things continue the way they're going right now.

We were running like 12/13% before Kesler came back for the last few games I think.

Also, a .1% difference is not really "better", lol. I'd argue they're similarly bad.

I think we were in single digits or right around 10% until the team suddenly learned to score in April. :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Happy to see Nash actually take the shot instead of passing there. He probably could have crashed the net a little harder, though. Still promising for his game. His head's back in the right place.

vatstep

Well jeez, that was pretty/ugly

Top Bottom