• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

calder

What's that Pierre, Lucic gobbles up bears when poked? I missed something...

Also I'm late but lmao at the ref telling Torts that he's one to complain about hard hits at the buzzer. So true.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY, the Rangers need this from Dorsett. Not for this game but for the rest of the series.

Hank's rebound control has been non-existent in this game. Very strange. Nothing that can really be done about that.

UberTag

I want the press to ask torts : Why does your team suck donkey balls on the power play?
Torts should find a bunch of donkey balls at a local NYC market and force his entire PP unit to suck on them for an hour in response.

We shouldn't poke the bear.
6a0115709f071f970b01676354b08d970b.jpe

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Quite possibly the most meaningless 2-0 series lead ever.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi was -4 in this game. Just a terrible terrible game for him.

Everything really just fell apart in that period. Blech.

I don't see any way to come back from 0-2 in this series. These guys aren't like the Caps. The Bruins just play too well as a full team for us to be able to take 4 of 5, even with 3 of them at home.

This was a lot more even than the score makes it look, though. It's just the Bruins' ability to finish that's the difference.

Stasis

This is what happens when Hank doesn't play lights out and bail our low-scoring, non-existent PP out. We all knew it, we just rarely saw it so it wasn't much of a concern.

We were down 2-0 vs. the Caps. I'm still confident in a comeback, probably more so than vs. Washington where I actually had little hope. Wasn't expecting this kinda game though =/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, wow, the NBC guys are calling for Torts to take Richards out of the lineup. I hate to break it to you guys, but we sent all the kids home. The only center we have to put in there is Kris Newbury, and I don't know how much of an improvement that is.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The only team with a better 5-on-5 scoring ratio than the Rangers in these playoffs is Ottawa (because of their silly series with Montreal), yet we are still exactly dead even on goals for and against overall. If our power play was even SLIGHTLY better we'd be in amazing shape here.

The only saving grace is that we can't be dead last in the playoffs because Minnesota failed to score on the PP at all. Thanks, Minny!

5.6% is still impressively terrible.

Top Bottom