• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What is this :lol. Salary Cap ftw.

95LBVD6.jpg

Barrie is tied for 8th in scoring among defenseman this year. Maybe next year all of our forwards won't be in season long slumps and he'll have a chance to show what he can do when he's not the only one capable of offense on the team.

Barrie has been great, though his overtime beast mode hasn't been as prevalent this year, which probably does have something to do with the forwards sucking. I was thinking I might get a Barrie jersey next, but with the blue berries getting retired I want to see what's next. The home/away are awful with the apron stripes, so hopefully the new alternate is good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers still rolling the same lines at practice, so still with Tanner Glass in.

Why did we even bother getting Sheppard?

Solo

For the record, I'd love to see the Sens make the playoffs, but I just don't see them closing a 7 point gap on Boston, no matter how hot they are, in 15 games.

Kings are just Kryptonite to the Canucks, and also shows how far apart these two teams are. Canucks played okay but couldn't generate anything offensively and didn't capitalize on their chances.

Saturday's game against the Leafs is pretty much a must-win if the Canucks want to keep pace, because the Kings will likely take both remaining matchups.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mackenzie "I Only Play in Buffalo" Skapski starts tomorrow night in Buffalo.

Cam Talbot starts on Sunday back at home, finally, against the Panthers.

zroid

Banned
Not that handy.

Why the fuck are they including OHL teams, they have no affiliation with NHL teams.

apparently the Hamilton Bulldogs are becoming an OHL team so it makes sense in that regard

I'm still confused.

So the Hamilton Bulldogs are going to be the St.Johns BullDogs Correct?

Sort of. Montreal's AHL affiliate is being move to St John's, which used to be the Winnipeg AHL affiliate. The team currently in Hamilton called the Bulldogs is being turned into an OHL team.

Winnipeg's AHL affiliate is moving to Winnipeg.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Good article by Igor Larionov. He talks about how so many North American coaches now have adopted shitty "dump and chase", "keep it simple" systems, and how former NHL grinders are talking head coaching jobs, and teaching kids to play like they played.

Also some slight Whiplash spoilers in the first paragraph.

Morning Lines

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher (Just Change the Center to Eller or Pleks already.. wtf.)

Parenteau - Plekanec - Galchenyuk

Eller - De La Rose - Smith-Pelly

Prust - Mitchell - Weise

Extra: Flynn - Malholtra

Edit:
Defense

Markov-Subban

Gilbert-Petry

Gonchar-Pateryn

scratched

Beaulieu-Weaver

Emelin -recovering from injury, no longer wearing a no contact jersey.

WHY ARE YOU SCRATCHING NATHAN WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Ugh

Yawnier

Banned
Saturday's game against the Leafs is pretty much a must-win if the Canucks want to keep pace, because the Kings will likely take both remaining matchups.

Likely that Reimer is in net tomorrow... there's also going to be Brewer, Erixon, possibly AHL superstar Brennan on defense. Should be an easy 2 points for you guys.

Parch

Belleville losing a team is significant. I assume they'll still have some sort of lower level minor hockey, but they've had a long history of OHL hockey.

zroid

Banned
Likely that Reimer is in net tomorrow... there's also going to be Brewer, Erixon, possibly AHL superstar Brennan on defense. Should be an easy 2 points for you guys.

apparently reimer's starting today

(not that Bernier has been any better of late)

Syrinx

Belleville losing a team is significant. I assume they'll still have some sort of lower level minor hockey, but they've had a long history of OHL hockey.

Yeah I was gonna say, aren't they one of the longest lasting teams in the CHL?

Also, if they and the Whalers go up in smoke, where do the players for those teams go?

Top Bottom