• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Yawnier

Banned
Oh by the way since the question had come up earlier, I found out that the Belleville Bulls are going to be moving to Hamilton (Bulldogs), and the Plymouth Whalers are the ones moving to Flint.

Flint..... Michigan? the fuck. Weird for multiple reasons but don't Saginaw Spirit play near Flint anyway?

I will be waiting on a documentary from Michael Moore on junior hockey players living there

Parch

At the start of the year I thought Calgary had no chance of making the playoffs. It didn't seem like they had the forward depth. But they've got good production from their youngsters and Giordano could have won the Norris if he didn't get hurt.

They're a different team in that they rely on the defense for a lot of the offense and it seems like that's a hard system for the opposition to figure out. Big work ethic and intensity too, but it's still hard to think they've got any chance of winning a playoff round.

At the start of the year I thought Calgary had no chance of making the playoffs. It didn't seem like they had the forward depth. But they've got good production from their youngsters and Giordano could have won the Norris if he didn't get hurt.

They're a different team in that they rely on the defense for a lot of the offense and it seems like that's a hard system for the opposition to figure out. Big work ethic and intensity too, but it's still hard to think they've got any chance of winning a playoff round.

I think what I am most pleased about is that they've learned work ethic. This is supposed to be the rebuild period, and obviously things are going great, whether thats just this season or not or whatever this team looks like in 2 or 3 seasons. I think the core is here and this season they've really got the concept of work ethic as a part of the team culture.

I think, if we make it to the dance, we're going to maybe struggle because we'll be seeing veterans who have competed in the playoffs where work ethic is the number one attribute that is increased over the regular season. So maybe, in the regular season, we are playing guys who are playing at a 70 or 80 percent work ethic, and then in the playoffs you expect them to be at 100. I think the best chances we have in the playoffs is to play another team that has a roster with as much inexperience in the playoffs, or who knows, perhaps we dial it up from where we are now, time will tell, if we even make it.

ryan299

on twitter, just saw that the KHL won't stop their season so that the players can attend the World Cup. KHL is like half of Russia's team lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

It's that truculence!

Good goaltending, stellar D from two work horses, and a very good young forward group definitely helped them.
Monahan is a solid NHLer already, and Gaudreau keeps surprising me too.

Edit: fuck this media...IT BEGINS!
http://www.tsn.ca/video/wilson-i-never-felt-that-nazem-ever-listened-to-me-1.230332

Silexx

Sens winning strategy, get injuries until Cameron has to give our young guys ice time.

Cameron has actually scratched Philips and Neil when they were healthy. Player management has been much better under him than MacLean. The only problem is that he wasn't scratching them every night.

Top Bottom