• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

I know the Pens don't have Malkin and Crosby isn't 100%, but we needed this so far after our recent play. Give the guys some confidence again.

Edit: Smith you idiot

Quick

Banned
I like Crazed's approach to Wings games, which basically involves lowering expectations then gets rewarded for games like this.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That's a penalty on Hornqvist isn't it? Or a penalty shot for gloving the puck in the crease

I like Crazed's approach to Wings games, which basically involves lowering expectations then gets rewarded for games like this.
It's not good for your long term mental health.

zroid

Banned
I'm sorry, the announcers said MAF "had no chance" on that 4th goal but he was way out of position. You can't come that far out of the crease leaving a huge open net unless it's a rush situation.

Pens were right to pull him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol :lol Pens

When your captain is an entitled whiny bitch like Crosby, it's no wonder it rubs off on the rest of the team.

Quick

Banned
It's not good for your long term mental health.

this-is-fine-meme.jpg

I'm sorry, but I'm loving this. Pens need a good beat down every once in a while.

#sorrynotsorry

Cake Boss

Banned
Ha! That's a great story.

Sens-Gaf, is there any talk of the team signing Hammond and moving Lehner?

They are saying that they don't want to polutte him right now with contract talks.

It has been reported that the Sens offered Lehner as part of a package for Hall last summer.

And the summer before that he and Zibenejad was part of a package for Nash but Nash waived his NTC to come here. We went after Babby a couple of months later then.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lehner is the goalie that gets traded this summer. Plus he just got a major concussion with no timetable to return.

zroid

Banned
this is pretty fucked up

women's hockey is in a real sorry state. the NHL needs to do a better job of supporting it, like the NBA.

This past weekend, the Blades won the Clarkson Cup, the CWHL equivalent of the Stanley Cup. But that opportunity didn't come cheap: The Blades had to pay the CWHL $35,000 to compete for the Cup, a league requirement for all teams. Of that amount, each player on the team had to raise 1 percent ($350). Players could do so by selling tickets or coaching clinics or just writing the club a check.

The rest of the fundraising work landed on the shoulders of Boston coach Digit Murphy and general manager Aronda Kirby, the latter of whom wasn't a fan of Knight's drawing. "To put it simply, I didn't appreciate Hilary's comic," Kirby said. "I had a conversation with her: 'I get where you're coming from, you wanted to poke fun at it.' But I wanted to offer her, and all the players, another perspective. We have to demonstrate to sponsors that we can sell the product, that we can put people in seats. And when someone like Hilary Knight makes a statement, it makes a huge impact."

And it has caused a splash. Knight said the point of the comic was to bring awareness to the Blades and the current financial reality of playing pro hockey. "The truth is we don't have the same resources as our counterparts on the men's side. Our sport is growing, but things like paying for gas to drive to games and practice, paying for parking and equipment -- even taking days off work to go play hockey -- these are all just part of the daily grind for us," Knight said. "And the comic was about raising awareness and drawing attention to these issues, just in a playful way."

this is pretty fucked up

women's hockey is in a real sorry state. the NHL needs to do a better job of supporting it, like the NBA.

It's a bit depressing, but I wouldn't call it fucked up. If you go outside the big 4, pro-leagues are all pretty volatile and salaries and work/life balances terrible.

As for a solution... I know PL clubs have women's teams that exist within the same organization as the men's sides. I would think that the 'O6' teams probably all exist in areas where there'd be sufficient local appetite for a financially viable women's team.

Top Bottom