• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Samyy

amazing effort by Marko Dano

and Bobrovsky got an assist :lol

Yea just saw that one, holy crap - could be quite the 1st round for Columbus that year.
Wennberg, Rychel and Dano :eek:

Though Weinberg might be slightly underwhelming this year, but Columbus has been bad.

Foggy

amazing effort by Marko Dano

and Bobrovsky got an assist :lol

Dano gonna be so goooooood next year

16207599233_9eb7c6be38_o.gif

Though Wennberg might be slightly underwhelming this year, but Columbus has been bad.

He was middling for most of the year but the last month and a half he's looked really, really good.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Let's just start the playoffs now. Ottawa / Philly aren't making it, and we can all agree the Kings can sit this year out.

ShaneB

Let's just start the playoffs now. Ottawa / Philly aren't making it, and we can all agree the Kings can sit this year out.

You say this, and even not long ago I would have said the east playoffs are locked in, but I am getting nervous as hell about the Caps missing the playoffs.

Red_Man

You say this, and even not long ago I would have said the east playoffs are locked in, but I am getting nervous as hell about the Caps missing the playoffs.
Even if the Caps go .500 from here on out, the teams below them have to go like 12-2-2 or some kind of record like that. Odds of those things happening are quite low.

zroid

Banned
regulation Canes win not ideal, but I'll take it. glad to be back in 27th. important two points since Oilers are up next and that loss isn't a gimme.

Red_Man

Good job Marchand.

What did Ratboy do now?
Wilson laid a clean hit on Spooner, and Marchand came up behind him and brought him down to the ice and started giving him some punches on the ice. Wilson didn't see him coming and his hit was clean.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sheppard in for Glass. Scores his first as a Ranger.

Hunwick in for Klein. Scores his first as a Ranger.

Talbot in for Lundqvist. Wins his 13th since Lundqvist went out.

The Rangers have held their opponents to 1 goal or fewer for 7 straight games for the first time in franchise history.

zroid

Banned
Holy fuck, the Panthers had NINETY EIGHT shot attempts in tonight's game.

that's unusual for the Panthers, typically I think they're a pretty low-event team both offensively and defensively

edit: I don't know why you would think I'd care about the result lol, the whole point of shot attempt statistics is to find a better way or measuring team strength than goals and results. if they always lined up with the results, they wouldn't be very useful. :p goalies get hot! shooters get unlucky! PDO is a thing.

Red_Man

Backstrom is one of my favourite non Hab players. He's so good and understated in how he plays.

zroid

Banned
The Kingston Crouses got hosed 9-1 by the Oshawa Generals today ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i did hear that apparently Crouse's PPG has increased significantly since Sam Bennett returned, so that's a plus for him. in his defence, most draft-eligible kids do play with at least one other elite scorer, so perhaps we're now seeing his "true" offensive ability. (which is, to be clear, still lower than Dylan Strome's PPG when McDavid was out, and Strome only plays with McDavid on the power play)

btw here's the OHL points leaders:

Code:
Name           GP             Pts

Marner         62             124
Strome         65             117
McDavid        45             115

Marner has 1 game let, Strome and McDavid have 3.

2 extra games to make up 7 and 9 points respectively, it's doable especially for McJesus. If Marner is held pointless in his final game... very doable.

Top Bottom