• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Domestic violence is no laughing matter, Clyde, and I for one am appalled that you would treat the issue with such levity.

Welcome back Kaeptain, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

“Kovalchuk’s contract with SKA is good for the next 2 years, so his coming back to the NHL next summer is out of the question, Rotenberg told Sportbox.Ru. Moreover, we plan to extend the contract with Ilya. That Finnish media outlet might have as well reported that some Russian soccer team will sign Leo Messi. We’re going to demand the newspaper to print disproof of the news.”

6c2RUqP.gif

Eh, let him extend him. He seems to be relegated to another assistant GM anyways with Shanahan calling the shots. If everything is by committee as they say, I don't see the analytics part of management agreeing with another Clarkson signing. He's there for his contacts and his relationships with other GMs in the league.

zroid and I will draw strength from this post.

So, who will the Leafs get in the draft?

Marner? (my early choice)

Strome? (my new choice after Pronman's hyping today)

Hanifin? (eh, i dont think he's what the leafs need)

Crouse? (please no)

Yawnier

Banned
Just realized Sabres and Yotes play each other twice over the next 7 days

Huge games for the future of those two franchises as sad as it sounds. If one of those teams win both those games it can take them from McDavid/Eichel territory to Hanifin/Marner territory very quickly and apparently Tim Murray will try to trade up for that #1 pick if they don't get it in the lottery (not a shocker at this point but w/e).

Samyy

Crouse? (please no)

If we remain 4th I believe its between Strome/Marner - I would think Strome is the target but he may be going 3rd overall at this point.

If we're 5th we take whoevers left of Strome/Marner/Hanifin as BPA.

If we fall to 6th - Barzal

If we remain 4th I believe its between Strome/Marner - I would think Strome is the target but he may be going 3rd overall at this point.

If we're 5th we take whoevers left of Strome/Marner/Hanifin as BPA.

If we fall to 6th - Barzal

I wonder if there's any GMs/scouts assuming Strome's #'s are from facing 'easier' opposition.

Also, I just realized that Arizona's depth at C will be pretty decent after the draft. They'll likely have either Eichel or McDavid, followed up by Hanzal, Gagner and Domi.

Parch

But Calgary is a lock, right? It's Winnipeg who is going to prevent the Kings from the playoffs.
And it's Ottawa who is going to prevent the Bruins from the playoffs.

It's been awhile, but the hockey gods are shining on Canada once again.

Just realized Sabres and Yotes play each other twice over the next 7 days

Huge games for the future of those two franchises as sad as it sounds. If one of those teams win both those games it can take them from McDavid/Eichel territory to Hanifin/Marner territory very quickly and apparently Tim Murray will try to trade up for that #1 pick if they don't get it in the lottery (not a shocker at this point but w/e).

Yeah. Pretty scared of the Coyote's tanking power. They've got 1 win in their last 19 games and are only 3 points higher than Buffalo in the standings.

Those games are must-lose.

Samyy

I wonder if there's any GMs/scouts assuming Strome's #'s are from facing 'easier' opposition.

Also, I just realized that Arizona's depth at C will be pretty decent after the draft. They'll likely have either Eichel or McDavid, followed up by Hanzal, Gagner and Domi.

I think its fair to say both Marner and Strome benefit from playing on the teams their on, Marner plays with Dvorak and Domi who are both exceptional junior players and produce really well, but a lot of scouts have said Marner is the one driving the play a lot of the times on that line.

Strome got Dubrincat to play with earlier in the year and obviously the McDavid factor.

Barzal is the wildcard though, he really has no one even close to that calibre that Strome and Marner play with but hes still producing really well despite his injury. If it wasn't for his injury he might have been in top 5 discussion.

I think its fair to say both Marner and Strome benefit from playing on the teams their on, Marner plays with Dvorak and Domi who are both exceptional junior players and produce really well, but a lot of scouts have said Marner is the one driving the play a lot of the times on that line.

Strome got Dubrincat to play with earlier in the year and obviously the McDavid factor.

Barzal is the wildcard though, he really has no one even close to that calibre that Strome and Marner play with but hes still producing really well despite his injury. If it wasn't for his injury he might have been in top 5 discussion.

solid points

I completely forgot about Barzal.

But Calgary is a lock, right? It's Winnipeg who is going to prevent the Kings from the playoffs.
And it's Ottawa who is going to prevent the Bruins from the playoffs.

It's been awhile, but the hockey gods are shining on Canada once again.

lol Ducks are winning this year dude. Let's not act like them and Rangers aren't going to the Cup.

Yawnier

Banned
solid points

I completely forgot about Barzal.

Mark Hunter said a few good things about Barzal during laffs lunch today. Was projected as a top 3 - 4 pick at one point but really fell off for the reasons Samyy said.

If there is no Marner or Strome left on the table I would have 0 problem with the leafs taking him.

lol Ducks are winning this year dude. Let's not act like them and Rangers aren't going to the Cup.

SoCal Bro!

I'd root for San Jose to get in, but realistically it's very tough. It's all for the best, they can dump management and get a GM to really improve their team, rather than barely making/missing the playoffs and pretending just another move or two will get them a Cup.

Out of all the teams left, I think they're all tough matchups against Anaheim.

Also, New York will destroy us again.

Mark Hunter said a few good things about Barzal during laffs lunch today. Was projected as a top 3 - 4 pick at one point but really fell off for the reasons Samyy said.

If there is no Marner or Strome left on the table I would have 0 problem with the leafs taking him.

Now imagine the Leafs managed to grab a 2nd top-10 pick by some kind of sorcery.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Crouse? (please no)

I'd be
Marner
Strome
Hanafin
Barzal

I'd be fine with one of those 4.

Crouse would've been a Burke pick.

I'm much more interested in what they do with the NSH pick and I hope they fall even further to help us out (FRANSON A LEAF AT HEART!)

Top Bottom