• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Cactus

Banned
I can't figure out if Cox actually believes the shit he publishes. Apparently he thinks that Kessel has been dragging Bozak down offensively this season.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 15m 15 minutes ago
Update: Unless something unforeseen develops, Rangers have completed their business.
VD5NElR.gif

Giggzy

Do you not like phaneuf? I wouldn't want to take on his full contract if Toronto won't retain at least 1-1.5m, plus take on some cap dumps. But he's a good upgrade over most of our D. I don't think we're good enough there to win a cup.

And Beauch is 35(?) and a UFA(?) this summer so we'll need a replacement if we don't resign him

ShaneB

Red's not wrong.

Meh. I just like seeing him get so angry over things he can completely ignore. lol

If I have this guy:

Providing national hockey coverage for the next 12 years, than yes.

Why are you even paying attention to him? I just don't get it. There are guys on TSN and Sportsnet I don't like, but my god it's not that big a deal. There are endless amounts of hockey analysts out there.

Heretic

Do you not like phaneuf? I wouldn't want to take on his full contract if Toronto won't retain at least 1-1.5m, plus take on some cap dumps. But he's a good upgrade over most of our D. I don't think we're good enough there to win a cup.

And Beauch is 35(?) and a UFA(?) this summer so we'll need a replacement if we don't resign him

I do not like Phaneuf. Not better than Cam, Lovejoy, Hampus, or Sami. Manson is looking better and better. Shea Theodore is right around the corner too.

Flynn trade definitely surprising, there wasn't really any talk about Buffalo moving RFAs too. I guess he's replaceable enough, could play on pretty much any line in Buffalo, but is a solid 4th line guy on an actual good team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wings sources are saying NO TRADE will happen today.

zroid

Banned
Mom's hospital visit didn't take as long as I expected. TradeCentre time!

edit: apparently I missed llamas? Fuck...

Why are you even paying attention to him? I just don't get it. There are guys on TSN and Sportsnet I don't like, but my god it's not that big a deal. There are endless amounts of hockey analysts out there.

They have Hockey Night In Canada now.

andypain_medium.gif

Parch

Sounds like the Oilers are done too, unless there's an overpayment offer for Ferrence. MacTavish is getting raked over the coals for the Petry deal so he's probably locked himself in the bathroom.

Of course the Oilers should be trading some of those picks for improvement that isn't a rental, but since MacTavish doesn't know what he's doing that's not going to happen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Because he's on the the biggest Hockey broadcast in the country? Is it too much to ask for a decent analyst on my hockey coverage, or should we just accept this dumb ass who couldn't build a winning team in NHL 15? TSN barely does any games anymore thanks to this awful Sportsnet coverage, I don't know why we should just settle and accept this trash. There's a big reason their ratings have taken a big dip this year, I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of their coverage.

Acid08

Banned
McGinn claimed off waivers. Don't really care, he was bad, but lol @ DW's asset management.

Niemi being shopped hard right now apparently.

Solo

I hope there's no more deals, just simply to make the sports networks look dumb for having 10 hours of coverage for 4 small trades.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Meh. I just like seeing him get so angry over things he can completely ignore. lol

It's not as easy as you claim it to be. I don't read articles from Feschuk, Cox or Simmons yet every week I end up having to listen to them via radio or on TV. Not because I want to but because sometimes it's the only option I have. Feschuk is on TSNRadio, I change the channel to Fan590 and Cox is on.

I'm just following online. Gave up on watching TSN at about 9am. I expected it to be slow and didn't want to listen to them fill time or see something dumb like llamas.

Thanks for the thoughts, she's just an outpatient though :)

Ah, okay. That's good.

I just know what it's like to have such a close family member in the hospital. Two were in for two weeks recently, and one of those two spent most of the summer in hospital.

It's awful, especially the unknown

It's not as easy as you claim it to be. I don't read articles from Feschuk, Cox or Simmons yet every week I end up having to listen to them via radio or on TV. Not because I want to but because sometimes it's the only option I have. Feschuk is on TSNRadio, I change the channel to Fan590 and Cox is on.

Q4G47gQ.gif

calder

Wow giant commercial blocks on TSN and snet all day so far. Haven't they burned through all their ad inventory yet?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Renaud Lavoie just said the Leafs are ready to hold onto some of Phaneuf's salary

Top Bottom