• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hes so focused on me, he sometimes forgets about the other sens fans.

He just loves me so much ;)

Everyone loves you man

But Red especially ;)

Speaking of which, I've posted in every single NHL thread this season, so the only conclusion I can come up with is Red is blind o_O

Will someone seriously just beat Ottawa already?

Bruins need to keep losing also.

No

In fact, I hope the Sens pass the Wings

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Myers and Stafford have been great pick ups for the jets
tumblr_nlc5qs6kCo1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Welp no 9pm/midnight launch for bloodborne here. Gonna have to get up really freaking early to get to the mall by 10am and then wait for the damn day 1 patch to download. Shit sucks.

Curufinwe

I'm thinking of getting it but I'm worried I'd get stuck in the first area or something. I love games but I'm not exactly the most skilled player.

Wait till it's been out a while and the FAQs are all done and then maybe buy it when it drops in price. That's what I did with Demon's Souls because I was concerned I'd get stuck early on and give up. Actually, I didn't play it till it was free on PS+.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Leafs failed to sell out tonight, time to move them to Albuquerque.

Edit: This was the ACC tonight

CA09sVkWgAATFNP.jpg

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

It is empty in the ACC. 2-1 game in the third period. #Leafs

Speculawyer said:
You know you're fucked when you are cheering for the Leafs, Devils, Buffalo, Oilers, and Colorado.
Well . . . let's see how we did . . .
Leafs lost,
Devils lost,
Buffalo lost,
Colorado lost,
Oilers gonna lose soon, and
Sharks lost.

Wow . . . a perfect losing record for what would have been best for the Sharks. They are burnt toast.

4-1 Jets! They've got this one in the bag! Add that inevitability with the Sens and Flames winning earlier and this has been a good night overall, Kings victory notwithstanding.

zroid

Banned
Some nice candor from Reimer

"Reimer confident in Dubnyk-like revival somewhere, someday"

That's the weirdest thing about the game. You just have to have faith in your ability and in your skill-set and trust that when you're given the opportunity, you can make the most out of it and things will come together. And sometimes they don't and sometimes you just have to keep slugging and keep slugging and keep slugging and then you get traded [or] some team turns around or whatever.
If you look at my first year really that's [what] happened: you just work, work, work.
I came up and the team gelled and voila! all of a sudden I couldn't do anything wrong. And the funny thing is, I'm twice the goalie now as I am then and yet you can't do anything right. You just have to have faith in your ability and when the time's right, the time will be right.
So is that the approach for you, just keep slugging it out, slugging it out and where the chips may fall that's how it'll work out?
Yeah, definitely. You keep working, you keep working, you keep working.
You look at last year, I went to Worlds and was undefeated in regulation and had good numbers. It's not like I found my game per se. It was just a different setting, a different surrounding, a different environment. And sometimes you don't play well and obviously you suffer because of your own ability, but overall it's one of those things where you just work and you just work and you trust in your ability and eventually things will work out.

more at the link

good guy Reimer... I'd hate to lose him but he really deserves to go somewhere he'll get treated better. somewhere he can help.

Fei

I know I'm late but what a huge loss to Dallas. Only nine more games before Sabres-GAF can start having some dignity again!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - game 6

Revenge! Going into this game my team had a record of 4-1. We have scored the most goals and given up the least amount of goals but we suffered one loss and tonight was our chance to get some pay back for the team that beat us earlier in the season.

We came out strong and focused and they just could not match us; we won 4-0. As the game wore on they got more and more angry. One guy after turning the puck over lost his shit and broke his stick over his knee. Another guy got penalized two times and both times slammed the penalty box door. We were in their heads and there was nothing they could do about it.

They tried to get chippy; throwing elbows behind the play, cross checking us but we wouldn't be phased, we laughed at them for how hard they were trying and failing.

Highlights for me I played a pretty solid game. After playing these guys the first time we remembered they love to clog the middle and their best players would cherry pick. So we utilized the boards and did a lot of dump and chase to gain the zone. I was handling the puck pretty well. A dump in I started lead to our third goal so I'm proud of that.

I can also say I am now a thug. With 21 seconds left in the game I was called for my first penalty; an interference call. I think it was bullshit but I'll take it.

What had happened was I was skating towards the puck while a guy on the other team was doing the same, I got to it first and just chipped it out of our zone but he wasn't having any of that and went straight into me. Surprisingly it was him who fell on his ass after we collided but yet I was called for interference. I'm impressed I managed to stay on my feet but as I said I'll take the penalty as if I didn't get there he would have had a breakaway on our goalie with a chance to break the shutout.

Instead it was a face off that we won and dumped out to finish off the game.

So next week will be my last game in the beginner league regular season. After that we get a week off and then it's the Super Series. All 4 teams in our division square off with all 4 teams in the Toronto division in round robin play and then into a single elimination tournament. I have one more game to try to fix any issues I have and then it's time for what we've been waiting for all year. A chance to be crowned the top beginner team.

Oh and also with tonight's win my team clinched the best record in our division at a solid 5-1, we are 3 points ahead of second place with one game to go.

Some day, every Canadian team will be in the playoffs.
7HCHQPJ.png

I can also say I am now a thug. With 21 seconds left in the game I was called for my first penalty; an interference call. I think it was bullshit but I'll take it.

What had happened was I was skating towards the puck while a guy on the other team was doing the same, I got to it first and just chipped it out of our zone but he wasn't having any of that and went straight into me. Surprisingly it was him who fell on his ass after we collided but yet I was called for interference. I'm impressed I managed to stay on my feet but as I said I'll take the penalty as if I didn't get there he would have had a breakaway on our goalie with a chance to break the shutout.

Kave the Canadian Chara confirmed (you've come so far since the first time :'))

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kave learns to play hockey - game 6

Revenge! Going into this game my team had a record of 4-1. We have scored the most goals and given up the least amount of goals but we suffered one loss and tonight was our chance to get some pay back for the team that beat us earlier in the season.

We came out strong and focused and they just could not match us; we won 4-0. As the game wore on they got more and more angry. One guy after turning the puck over lost his shit and broke his stick over his knee. Another guy got penalized two times and both times slammed the penalty box door. We were in their heads and there was nothing they could do about it.
You were playing the Penguins?

Top Bottom