• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Kings hate Flames...

*scribbles in notebook*

liDax4F.jpg

That's some salt.

iAikaakkOzQFP.gif

zroid

Banned
Canes only have 1 fewer ROW than us. They can easily get the tiebreaker back if it comes to that. Laffs aren't winning anything in regulation.

gaming_noob

Well they've only won 5 since I said this two months ago. I don't think they're going to win 3 of the next 8. I'm calling a victory on this one.

They may be able to beat FLA on Thursday. BUF is not a question. Not sure how Columbus will turn out on the 2nd last game of the season so it's a possible W for the Leafs. The Habs will rest their regulars on the final game so probably another Win there. At best they'll go 4-4. Hopefully Carolina wins more than 3 games in the final 10.

They may be able to beat FLA on Thursday. BUF is not a question. Not sure how Columbus will turn out on the 2nd last game of the season so it's a possible W for the Leafs. The Habs will rest their regulars on the final game so probably another Win there. At best they'll go 4-4. Hopefully Carolina wins more than 3 games in the final 10.

The team has been winning at like a <20% rate. I'm not expecting them to suddenly have a 50% stretch. They'll find ways to lose those games.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I don't think even a strong jinx is going to turn this thing around. They're the suckiest group of sucks who ever sucked.

Michael Landsberg was on TSN 1200 this morning and he was saying, as a Leafs fan, that not only is this a bad team, but they're extremely unlikable too, pretty much the worst combination for fans of a team. I hope, for the Leafs fans sanity, Shanahan guts the entire team this summer.

Well know the Kings aren't making it this year. Ducks are going to win it all and make So Cal 4 to Nor Cal's 0.

One more losing streak and the dream is over. Even if they do make it I don't know if they are consistent enough to make it very far.

It was nice to see Richards back on the ice last night he was pretty good and seemed much faster than usual.

Calamari41

41 > 38
One more losing streak and the dream is over. Even if they do make it I don't know if they are consistent enough to make it very far.

It was nice to see Richards back on the ice last night he was pretty good and seemed much faster than usual.

They flashed up some analysis on the screen during the game last night, and it didn't look too good. Something like only 3 home games left in the season, and 7 of the remaining games are against current playoff teams. If anybody can hit the "clutch" button and rampage into a playoff spot, though, it's the Kings.

zroid

Banned
The team has been winning at like a <20% rate. I'm not expecting them to suddenly have a 50% stretch. They'll find ways to lose those games.

The post-deadline Leafs (especially with Kadri and Holland out of the lineup) are literally worse than Buffalo

anything can happen, maybe Bernier steals a few, but there's no reason to expect them to win more than a couple games down the stretch

If the Canes can get 4 more points I'll be pretty satisfied. It'd help if they get the tiebreaker too.

Worse case scenario..just don't want to raise expectations about getting Strome.
Okay we're getting Strome! :D:D:D:D

Lol, I don't think we will. We have a ~10% chance of moving up and a ~70% chance of moving down. We're probably picking 5th. I don't know who's going to go there, but it's probably a pretty damn good player.

The post-deadline Leafs (especially with Kadri and Holland out of the lineup) are literally worse than Buffalo

anything can happen, maybe Bernier steals a few, but there's no reason to expect them to win more than a couple games down the stretch

If the Canes can get 4 more points I'll be pretty satisfied. It'd help if they get the tiebreaker too.

They really are just...horrible. There was one November in...2009 I want to say where they almost didn't win a game and even that wasn't this bad.

Michael Landsberg was on TSN 1200 this morning and he was saying, as a Leafs fan, that not only is this a bad team, but they're extremely unlikable too, pretty much the worst combination for fans of a team. I hope, for the Leafs fans sanity, Shanahan guts the entire team this summer.

Yeah. pretty much. I don't hate them as much as the rest of the fan base seems to, but only because I think they were miscast. Whatever it is, it just hasn't worked, and they haven't done themselves any favours with the way they've been acting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm not sure if people are serious or not with being pleased about this. Yes attendance is down but as you said they only managed to sell 97.5% of the tickets!

Oh no the ACC had 500 empty seats out of the almost 19000 it has. Fans are talking with their wallets now!

Hell if the prices keep dipping I might actually go see a game at the ACC for the first time in 2-3 years.

Parch

Michael Landsberg was on TSN 1200 this morning and he was saying, as a Leafs fan, that not only is this a bad team, but they're extremely unlikable too, pretty much the worst combination for fans of a team.
And for non-fans of the team, that sums up the last 50 years of the Leafs.

Top Bottom