• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Just give it up. We're done.

I don't know what you are talking about.

I'm a Minnesota Wild fan.

Go Wild!

I still have tickets for Yotes v. Sharks. That place will be empty. But I'mg getting my damn hot dogs, chips, & drinks per the family plan.

Edit: Holy fuck, Sharks are below Dallas & Colorado at this point. That's pathetic. Demers is laughing.

Tabris

Buffalo has the worst goal differential of any team since 2003. That's also the last time Toronto made the playoffs in a real season.

Quick

Banned
First one was better but yeah, it's damn solid.

This is my first exposure to RTJ. I'll have to jump back to RTJ1.

Also have Kendrick Lamar's album to catch up on. I listened to the first track on the album and haven't had a chance to really listen to it since.

TUSR

Banned
Clannad is the only real anime.

4NunIfB.jpg

oh you

that's the whole point of analytics marvie

finding a way to better evaluate team strength than the standings, because goals are influenced greatly by luck and other uncontrollable factors

This season has taught me advanced stats are horse shit. There might be conclusions to draw but sincerely PDO/corsi/fenwhatever might as well be reading ice shavings. Ok...that might be a bit of a reach, but it really has not lead to any conclusive evidence and the only reason the NHL is endorsing them is because enough fans have convinced themselves that they matter

Hilariously more people care about advanced stats than salary spending and cap data, which is perplexing.

I still think LA will squeak in at the expense of Calgary. Winnipeg will be fine

This reminds me of that time you said we wouldn't be in a playoff position in March...

Ducks Gaf can you tell me why DSP sucks so much?
its probably Therrien's System.

I want Sekac Back :(

Also in non hockey news. I'm finally on soft foods.

Pikma

Banned
So... it's official, I'm attending the Oilers-Ducks game next week. Ended up picking some fancy seats. Looking forward to it, even though I'm no Ducks fan.
Ducks Gaf can you tell me why DSP sucks so much?
its probably Therrien's System.

I want Sekac Back :(

Also in non hockey news. I'm finally on soft foods.
I remember telling everyone how much he sucked, the only time I've ever seen him do something worthwhile was that goal he scored against the Stars to end our season last year.

zroid

Banned
This season has taught me advanced stats are horse shit. There might be conclusions to draw but sincerely PDO/corsi/fenwhatever might as well be reading ice shavings. Ok...that might be a bit of a reach, but it really has not lead to any conclusive evidence and the only reason the NHL is endorsing them is because enough fans have convinced themselves that they matter

Hilariously more people care about advanced stats than salary spending and cap data, which is perplexing.

here's where your argument falls through:

This season

zroid

Banned
What a bawss

fun facts about Vanek's season:

- his Shots For per 60 is almost the same it's been over the last few years
- his personal shooting % is almost the same it's been over the last few years

what's changed?

- his time on ice is way down
- on ice shooting % is way down

Eight threads on the first page for Bloodborne now.

I blame you, 19 & 21.

fun facts about Vanek's season:

- his Shots For per 60 is almost the same it's been over the last few years
- his personal shooting % is almost the same it's been over the last few years

what's changed?

- his time on ice is way down
- on ice shooting % is way down

I'm confused by these two. Is the second part concerning the team as a whole?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Looking at the Wings remaining schedule it looks like it's pretty tough. Especially after losing to Phoenix...

The Sens have a pretty tough schedule as well, including the Leafs(they always play the Sens hard :S)

Top Bottom