• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Quick

Banned
From what I gathered on SportsCentre, the announcement is to talk financial figures and I think either Vegas' formal submission for expansion or the NHL saying that Vegas is cleared to make a formal submission.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I think the formal announcement is of the actual sales figures of the ticket drive, not expansion announcement.

At least that's how I interpreted the tweets.

it would be neat because you'd likely get Quebec's team too as their arena is almost finished buuuut I think nbc jumped the gun

Where the heck would Quebec be placed though in terms of the conference/division?

If there was an expansion, I would think that making the two conferences even would be a priority for the NHL.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Where the heck would Quebec be placed though in terms of the conference/division?

If there was an expansion, I would think that making the two conferences even would be a priority for the NHL.

Well if they're just adding 2 teams outright... It'll be 17 vs 15 split

Seattle and Toronto 2 (or what other teams they're looking to add) will be west only

Then expand the playoffs to 20 teams... Success.

I don't think Quebec will get a team.

I bought FHM back when it came out in fall 2013, I didn't like it, you couldn't even hire coaches, I hope FHM 2015 will be good so that we have multiple options for hockey management sims.

FHM is impenetrable. Which is kind of odd because I've put some hours into OOTPB and I don't remember it being hard to figure out.

SI can make a sim tho. Oh, they can make a sim. *looks at Steam usage chart*

Merguson

Banned
I'm definitely getting it :D

It's not too heavy on the wallet, so even if it's half baked right now that's fine.

I bought FHM back when it came out in fall 2013, I didn't like it, you couldn't even hire coaches, I hope FHM 2015 will be good so that we have multiple options for hockey management sims.

Yeah, FHM was really rough. Lots of bugs, crashes, etc. I think the developers tried to put too much features into the game at first.

FHM2 looks nice but we'll see how stable the game is. I think they are aiming for a late May release.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
let's ship Detroit back to the West!

Works for me ;)

Well if they're just adding 2 teams outright... It'll be 17 vs 15 split

Seattle and Toronto 2 (or what other teams they're looking to add) will be west only

Then expand the playoffs to 20 teams... Success.

I just don't think the NHL will be expanding in the east anytime soon. Quebec's best chance was the Thrashers moving there, it would have worked out in terms of conferences as well, but unfortunately their arena wasn't ready and the Atlanta spirit group wanted to sell ASAP.

Seattle and LV is what I see for the next expansion.

I don't think Quebec will get a team.

FHM is impenetrable. Which is kind of odd because I've put some hours into OOTPB and I don't remember it being hard to figure out.

SI can make a sim tho. Oh, they can make a sim. *looks at Steam usage chart*

It had a lot of bugs too, but OOTP did skip last year to make sure they bring out a better game this year, so FHM 2015 might be surprisingly good.

SI is the management sim king though, on top of EHM 2005, I put in hundred of hours into Football Manager as well.

zroid

Banned
Breathe, Coldnoodle...

CBIYw2NUYAAmUSn.jpg

calder

OK, I bought that Eastside Hockey Manager game. Now how do I make the Jets win the Cup *and* draft lottery this year, is it like a code?

Also how do I contract the Kings, Oilers and maybe Leafs?

28 teams would be so much better, just dissolve the Coyotes and Panthers. It's going to suck if we lose some depth players on the Avs, how many players can be protected in an expansion draft?

ZeroGravity

28 teams would be so much better, just dissolve the Coyotes and Panthers. It's going to suck if we lose some depth players on the Avs, how many players can be protected in an expansion draft?
Based on the last expansion draft:

One goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards

or

Two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards

Based on the last expansion draft:

One goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards

or

Two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards

Oh that would be be fine.

Varlamov

Barrie, Johnson... :lol
Duchene, MacKinnon, Landeskog, O'reilly, Iginla, Tanguay, McGinn, Everberg, Mitchell

We could keep everyone I wanted and then some.

Normally Marvie's comment about Florida moving would have brought about a sour post from Dubbed. What happened to that guy?

32 teams and figure out how to reduce the size of the goalie's pads.

It'll be like the 80s again.

Top Bottom