• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

calder

Oddly timed goalie switch for Calgary.

These preseason trade rumours in EHM are killing me. Every team really wants Marty St. Louis and Olli Jokinen for some reason.

I'm still confused how hockey streams is able to exist

13 mins on the clock, I ain't worried

I think all the fees go towards potential legal fees.

Not complaining though. NHL is missing out. If they offered local games I'd just go official with them.

Edit: PLUS minor league games, junior games, international. HS is like the Bloodborne of hockey streaming

Not complaining though. NHL is missing out. If they offered local games I'd just go official with them.

Edit: PLUS minor league games, junior games, international. HS is like the Bloodborne of hockey streaming

VPN gets around it pretty easy doesn't it? I don't have any games blacked out in Portland except nationals obviously. It will probably become a concern for me next season when I join you assholes in socal(San Diego) where I assume ducks games are blacked out and maybe kings too?

Sucks to lose but I halfway expected it coming into it, if the wild get beat by the Kings then this loss gets a lot worse, still plenty of games left to make up for it though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
started a career in EHM, The Red Wings just signed Torts as an Assistant coach.

...wat

zroid

Banned
But the Wizards Thou. I think they will do fine. I'm seeing a 2nd Round Exit for Raptors. They need a lot of work on that Defense

I'll believe it when I see it. Feels like they can't beat anyone these days except the bottom feeders!

I'm already in baseball mode :lol

calder

I'd love to give HS a try, but I need native app support for my absurd variety of streaming devices. But Rogers gave me Gamecenter Live free this year anyway so that was nice.

Does HS have the full archive of games? When I'm bored I often go back and watch fun games from weeks/months past.

Lunarian

Neo Member
Kings are 1 step closer to securing a position into the playoffs with the Flames having lost. Though TBH, the Wild scare the crap out of me. They've been on fire.

VPN gets around it pretty easy doesn't it? I don't have any games blacked out in Portland except nationals obviously. It will probably become a concern for me next season when I join you assholes in socal(San Diego) where I assume ducks games are blacked out and maybe kings too?

Sucks to lose but I halfway expected it coming into it, if the wild get beat by the Kings then this loss gets a lot worse, still plenty of games left to make up for it though.

VPN works, but sometimes when you're on the go it isn't as feasible. I watch sometimes at work if I'm there late. It's convenient. VPN seems like a no go there.

San Diego is an awesome city!

VPN works, but sometimes when you're on the go it isn't as feasible. I watch sometimes at work if I'm there late. It's convenient. VPN seems like a no go there.

San Diego is an awesome city!

Ahh yes, in that situation it would be a no go, I do the same at work occasionally. I was thinking strictly for at home TV streaming. Although VPN on phone should work too, it's probably more expensive.

Quick

Banned

Not to mention the random programming, like the Oscars. :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So Edmonton is up 4-0 with around 2 minutes left in the game...

By the end of tonight the Leafs might only be 3 points back of them with 7 games to go...

Razorskin

----- ------
I'll suck your dick for a playoff spot.

DaUhFIP.png

eyeless

So Edmonton is up 4-0 with around 2 minutes left in the game...

By the end of tonight the Leafs might only be 3 points back of them with 7 games to go...
good lord, i stopped paying attention to that game and didn't figure they'd actually win

won't happen though, have a look at edmonton's schedule, the only chance the leafs would have is if they don't win another game, which if anyone could do it it's the 2015 toronto maple leafs, but still, won't happen

i bet oiler fans are sweatin tho, heh

edit: if there was 90 games in the season though, shieeet, we'd be in eichel country

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
good lord, i stopped paying attention to that game and didn't figure they'd actually win

won't happen though, have a look at edmonton's schedule, the only chance the leafs would have is if they don't win another game, which if anyone could do it it's the 2015 toronto maple leafs, but still, won't happen

i bet oiler fans are sweatin tho, heh

edit: if there was 90 games in the season though, shieeet, we'd be in eichel country

Yeah ultimately I don't think it'll happen but Edmonton trying to make me #beleaf

Pikma

Banned
Wtf stars, you couldn't have given up when you played us?
This team is a fucking catastrophe, they lose when I want them to win and win when I want them to lose.
We scored 5 goals the last time we played against these fuckers and we couldn't even generate ONE decent opportunity this time.

eyeless

As long as we finish 4th to secure a top 5 pick and one of Marner/Strome/Hanifin it's more than I expected we could have got.

Truly an impressive season!
my main hope for dropping down to third would be to improve our lottery odds, aside from that though who the fuck knows how hanifin/strome/marner are going to turn out so i'll just be happy with one of em, and realistically, i bet someone below us is going to win the lottery so we're getting whoever's left and that's fine with me

This team is a fucking catastrophe, they lose when I want them to win and win when I want them to lose.
We scored 5 goals the last time we played against this fuckers and we couldn't even generate ONE decent opportunity this time.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh.

I saw an article the other day, I think on NBCSN, where they said the Stars are one of the leagues better teams that isn't recognized for it. I was inclined to agree until I saw the scores for tonights games.

We scored 5 goals the last time we played against this fuckers and we couldn't even generate ONE decent opportunity this time.

The Stars will be fine. You guys lost your best player at a key point in the season and managed to keep within touching distance of the 'yoffs.

My take is that you need to get Robidas back, to provide locker room stability. A 2nd and a prospect will be required to get him tho.

Pikma

Banned
I'm sorry but this made me laugh.

I saw an article the other day, I think on NBCSN, where they said the Stars are one of the leagues better teams that isn't recognized for it. I was inclined to agree until I saw the scores for tonights games.
I'm just really glad you didn't get to watch the game, it was painful, I had never seen the Oilers dominate a whole game from start to finish, not even against the Coyotes.

I hope we suck just as much the next time we play the Flames, and I don't doubt it, we're one of the worst home teams for a reason.

Torts just signed with the Red Wings as an assistant GM.

I guess that could happen irl?

Oh, and Buffalo just traded me their 1st overall for Granberg, Frattin and Panik. Huzzah!

Pikma

Banned
The Stars will be fine. You guys lost your best player at a key point in the season and managed to keep within touching distance of the 'yoffs.

My take is that you need to get Robidas back, to provide locker room stability. A 2nd and a prospect will be required to get him tho.
Agreed, we desperately need a fucking decent defense, whatever it takes, it's saddening to think we need to score 4-5 goals to even have a chance at winning 80% of the games we play, we have a good offense but it can only get you so far, as proven in the Loilers game today.

calder

Obviously, the algorithm that runs Eastside Hockey knows that Babcock is gone from Detroit next season. Even more impressive, AI Torts knows it too and slid into an assistant coach position on order to get the head job next off season. AI Torts is a mastermind.

lol Gionta's response to the cheering of the Coyotes in Buffalo:

Captain Brian Gionta simply was not going to go down the road of criticism of his fans.

“Our fans were cheering for us,” Gionta said. “We have great fans. We have a great city with passionate fans.”

Asked if he really believed the fans were behind the Sabres in the wake of Arizona goals, Gionta said, “It happens. A lot of teams have support here, whether it’s Montreal, New York, teams like that. You get opposing teams in the building. You’re always going to have them cheering.”

But when asked if he really believed those were Arizona Coyotes fans, a stern-looking Gionta said only, “Our fans were cheering for us last night.”

Pikma

Banned
lol Gionta's response to the cheering of the Coyotes in Buffalo:
What the hell did they expect him to say?

"The fans wanted us to lose, so we made our hardest effort to lose, but without giving them the pleasure of celebrating anything, that's why we took that point"

What the hell did they expect him to say?

"The fans wanted us to lose, so we made our hardest effort to lose, but without giving them the pleasure to celebrate, that's why we took that point"

Something a bit more believable than "I think Those were just die-hard Arizona Coyotes fans!"

I really don't understand why Hartley doesn't want to play Hiller though, it's perplexing, all season long he's been rolling the goalie that wins, when they lose he swaps and runs them until they lose. Of course there were a couple exceptions, but Ramo dropped a few in his stretch of 5 games there and I assumed Hiller was a lock to start but he didn't. I wonder if he doesn't like his conditioning or if he just isn't working that hard or looking good in skates. I trust Hiller a lot more than Ramo still, so I sincerely hope that we had to drop 3 points just to get him back in the pipes for this last stretch.

Top Bottom