• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ovi hat trick incoming.

Thinking the dream of beating the franchise record for points on the season dies tonight. It's technically still possible, but I don't have a good feeling about playing either the Jets or Wild right now.

zroid

Banned
I don't know how many people here buy / wear hockey hats, but Lids has a new line of vintage style ones that are pretty dope, I picked up the Habs one. The others look great as well:

Nice. I should get one, the only sports team hat I have is of the Jays. And it's really old / worn out.

Pikma

Banned
Oh wow, 4 goals in 7 minutes, do Isles and Wings know what goalies are hired for?

Edit: The Flames are already down lool

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Craig Anderson leaves his net faaaaaaaaar too much. It's why the Leafs scored yesterday and it's why Florida almost just scored there :/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
5 goals in 10 minutes, I definitely chose the right game to watch.

I only wear baseball caps when I play golf.
image.php

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp, the Wings just blew it. Game over. Isles gonna win this one now. Fucking morons can't even play a full 20 minutes after a good game the day before.

Kronwall ties it, but Wings have lost control of the game. Don't see them pulling this out now.

Red_Man

"If you chose to watch this game over the basketball game, you made a good choice for two reasons. One, hockey is better than basketball, and two, there might be more points in this game than the basketball game"

:lol

Islander commentators are on their game tonight

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
"If you chose to watch this game over the basketball game, you made a good choice for two reasons. One, hockey is better than basketball, and two, there might be more points in this game than the basketball game"

Howie Rose really is the best.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

It's true though, basketball is just garbage. I can't stand watching it. The only sport where you don't have to watch anything until the last 5 minutes, and even then those 5 minutes take 20 cause of all the BS time outs.

Should have passed it to Iggy, he needs to hit 30.

Matt Duchene said:
I didn't see him over to my right," he said. "I'm kicking myself right now because I want him to get 30 (goals) this year and I would have definitely dished it off to him. I wish I had seen him. I'm pretty upset right now. He'll get there, but that would have been one step closer. I've apologized four or five times, I had no idea he was there.

Duchene is awesome. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hockey people always seem to be the ones who get hurt the most about any sport not their's.

it's really weird.

Red_Man

Hockey people always seem to be the ones who get hurt the most about any sport not their's.

it's really weird.
Insecurity about how small it is relative to all the other professional sports. You think we'd be past that point by now.

Also just another interesting note, Brown has only 8 PIMs in 66 games. Fewest among the top 20 scorers.

For comparison, Hudon has 62 PIMs.
Sounds like Brown lacks the character, grit and leadership Hudon displays.

Edit: damn you lamaroo :lol

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao

What an awful goal by Mrazek. What's his deal?
He has an amazing game then immediately follows it up with a complete shit performance. Wings are going out in the 1st round this year due to goal tending, no doubt. They don't have a goalie that can steal games or keep them in it when they need to be.

Like I said, Detroit can never get big leads early and hold them. Babcock is a terrible coach when it comes to that situation. And MOST of the time, Detroit does not win these wild west shoot outs. Which is why I said the Isles were gonna win this as soon as they tied it up. The Wings PK went from 1st, to 5th, to now like 22nd after tonight. See a trend? Well apparently the Wings coaching staff doesn't, and refuses to change how they play or set up. Other teams figure the Wings out and just abuse us over and over again.

Detroit has allowed 3 pp goals tonight and a shorty.

Top Bottom