• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Xeteh

Sakic says he wants to re-sign him this offseason.

Man, I hope so. I don't blame players for trying to get every dollar they can for each contract they sign. They have a small window to cash in on their talent and one bad injury can destroy that. I get why he and his agent have done what they have. I just want to see him in an Avs jersey for the next forever, he's a hard worker and I think his takeaway stat is by far one of the most impressive... especially since he almost never takes penalties.

It's nice to dream. Unless Sakic is ready to immediately cave on whatever astronomical number the O'Reilly camp comes up with. We still have Mac to take care of on top of all of that.

They were going to give Stastny a raise from his previous contract last summer, around 6.7 million or something, they'll probably just give him that money.

Man, I hope so. I don't blame players for trying to get every dollar they can for each contract they sign. They have a small window to cash in on their talent and one bad injury can destroy that. I get why he and his agent have done what they have. I just want to see him in an Avs jersey for the next forever, he's a hard worker and I think his takeaway stat is by far one of the most impressive... especially since he almost never takes penalties.

We need his defensive play, cannot let him go with the defense we have, we're not going to get a top pairing d-man for him.

Xeteh

They were going to give Stastny a raise from his previous contract last summer, around 6.7 million or something, they'll probably just give him that money.

We need his defensive play, cannot let him go with the defense we have, we're not going to get a top pairing d-man for him.

And I'd much rather spend that money on O'Reilly than I would Stastny.

I'm with you 100% on that.

Top Bottom