• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm... man. Bolts just clinched a playoff spot, AND they're playing a back-to-back on the road, AND they're missing some key players due to injury.

It may take some extra special tank power tomorrow to escape with 0 points

tumblr_lz1lwc25ox1rnua94o1_500.gif

He's not wrong.
Therrien knows he needs to do something if we are to face them in the playoffs.

Hey on the bright side I finally found a benefit to working late while being salaried. You don't have to watch your team shit the bed on the tail end of a playoff push while the rest of the league conspires to keep you out. Conspiracy!

Socreges

Banned
Maybe if the Kings had fan support for the first 9/10ths of the regular season they wouldn't underachieve so drastically.

Kings sold out Staples center more time than the Ducks sold out Honda center.

just saying.

I'm talking about fans, not corporate seat holders. And bah gawd, you'd expect the reigning Stanley Cup Champs to sell out more than the Ducks, wouldn't you?
....point, Kaeptain.

I'm talking about fans, not corporate seat holders. And bah gawd, you'd expect the reigning Stanley Cup Champs to sell out more than the Ducks, wouldn't you?

Corporations are people sir! Did you get the memo? International Paper Pushers LP. needs that box for tax purposes!

My defending champion 40 year old franchise literally in the middle of LA somehow outsold an expansion team arena in the OC?

Let's be fair here half the people at Ponda look like they got lost looking for a Coach outlet. We all have the fairweather noob crowd. Maybe the game will catch on with some new folks.

Cool of the Kings to shake hands with Paul Divorce Key.

Let's be fair here half the people at Ponda look like they got lost looking for a Coach outlet.

I have no idea what that thing is.

Seemingly from my exposure on the internet with Ducks fans though, most Ducks fans are engrained in Mom & Pop idealogy though. Pretty chill in comparison. Lotta families with kids at the Ponda. Makes for a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. Also means they won't dump beer on opposing fans.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just want the Lines to be this.

Patches-Pleks-Parenteau
Chucky-Eller- Gallagher
DLR-DD-DSP/Flynn
Prust-Malhotra/Mitchell-Weise.
That's about as good as it can get now, but Eller is destined for meh line mates. Doubt Therrien ever moves him up to 2nd C now.

A Gally = Chucky?
That's what the players call him. I never liked it so I never personally use it.

It's good that the Blackhawks defeated the kings tonight.

It would be even better if Towes could have held off scoring the winner againist Winnipeg for 5 minutes.

Pikma

Banned
Just came back to say, fuck our goaltending, fuck Lindback, fuck Enroth and, most importantly, fuck Lehtonen. What a failure

Marvie_3

Banned
Not sure where this Hawks team has been all year but holy shit what a win. Absolute domination. Other than Darling's mishap at the end of the 1st and Versteeg being generally worthless as usual, the Hawks did everything right. Even Roszival looked good for once which surprised the hell out of me. That was easily Oduya's best game as a Blackhawk too. He's been great since he came back from being injured. Total turnaround for him from the beginning of the season.

No idea why but Desjardins/Kruger/Teravainen play really really well together. 4th line has looked the best it has all season with those 3. Hopefully Qtard keeps them together for a bit instead of putting Nordstrom back in the lineup.

Hopefully they can play like that going forward but consistency has not be a strength of this team at all this season so we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom