• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

I'm glad we were at least able to get rid of Jokinen, though I wish Booth could've gone for a bit more than a bag of pucks. He won't be back next year, though.

The trades before the deadline were really good for the Leafs, though, so I'm proud of Nonis.

Make it 4, Smelly

iWpW9Xr.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not sure how this is possible, but we still don't know what we gave up for Mitchell.

Parch

I have to say this was a fairly exciting trade deadline. The guys at TSN actually could call/announce things!
Yeah, it was alright considering there wasn't anything blockbuster. TSN is getting good at it. Add some music, add some comedy, tell a few stories. It's an interesting day of hockey stuff and worth watching.

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Someone take Berra

Should've called Buffalo.

Ducks going all in, but their goaltending is still a question mark. Andersen and Gibson are good but unproven.

Red_Man

So, uh, does Bergevin know that 3 3rd/4th liners don't = 1 top 6 guy? No idea what kind of lines Therrien will come up with now...

That's 14 forwards now that Bournival has been sent down

Silexx

Glimmer of hope for Cake Boss: Bryan Murray isn't confirming one way or the other if he'll be back as GM next season.

Sabres are done.

Keeping Benoit/Mezaros better for the tank than giving Pysyk NHL playing time, says the local radio guys who are hilariously on board with the tank.

Red_Man

Habs radio guy:

Hearing Buffalo Sabres acquired 7TH round pick in 2016 & prospect Joonas Natinen from HABS for Torey Mitchell
That's literally nothing. Natinen is a nobody. Phew.

Yawnier

Banned
I honestly have no idea where Korbinian Holzer is going to fit in Anaheim, he will probably be your guys like #8 defenceman.

The Denver Post has gone full Toronto media. http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_27618105/hochman-vs-kiszla-avs-falling-from-contention-should
Kiz: The NHL trade deadline is Monday. And here's a news flash: The Avalanche isn't making the playoffs. All the trade buzz around the Avs has been about versatile forward Ryan O'Reilly and veteran defenseman Jan Hejda. But I think Joe Sakic needs to think outside the box. Colorado needs to move goalie Semyon Varlamov. Allow me to explain before you interrupt.

Red_Man

Radio guy is saying it's Jack Nevins now instead of Nattinen. Nevins is some random face puncher from the Dogs we got on a try out. 0 points in 32 games....lol

zroid

Banned
Hopefully Holzer is healthy again soon. He sucks, to be quite honest, but he's a nice guy. Hope he enjoys the SoCal sun... oh wait it's snowing there lololo

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Right on cue, there's the email from the Rangers about playoff tickets. Let's see how much they cost this year...

HOLY CRAP did they jack up the prices this year. Two seasons ago my seat was $100 in the first round. Now it's $143. $320 per game for the Stanley Cup Final.
0777yisfs.png

These 16 games cost almost exactly as much now as the entire regular season. Guess that's what we get for going to the Final last year.

DUCKS TOOK HOLZER??!?!? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holzer to Anaheim. Ducks get all of the D.

Typical Ducks fleecing by the Leafs.

The Leafs tend to take advantage of the Ducks. I like it, but feel bad for the Quacks because I really respect them and their fan base. The Ducks are one of my favourite sports organizations.

Holzer wasn't a bad player. He wasn't great, though. I think he had some potential, though, or has. So I hope this won't bite us.

Keep in mind I kind of stopped watching the Leafs, because it became a waste of time. I put it on and watch absentmindedly for a bit, then work on reviews or look after family.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Two guys I was hoping would be gone by the end of today, Chris Phillips and Chris Neil, are still here :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Right on cue, there's the email from the Rangers about playoff tickets. Let's see how much they cost this year...

HOLY CRAP did they jack up the prices this year. Two seasons ago my seat was $100 in the first round. Now it's $143. $320 per game for the Stanley Cup Final.
0777yisfs.png

These 16 games cost almost exactly as much now as the entire regular season. Guess that's what we get for going to the Final last year.

Hey they're almost at the prices for a leafs exhibition game

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Holzer is gone.

Guess he was the one we were going to trade after we got Erixon.

So we still have Lupul, Bozak, Phaneuf, and Booth.

Sigh.......

Red_Man

Definitely disappointing Bergevin couldn't find a top 6 winger, but I'd rather him do nothing than get fleeced. Time to see what these guys can do in the playoffs. Time for Eller to step up or I think he's as good as gone in the off season.

yyzjohn

Banned
Hopefully Holzer is healthy again soon. He sucks, to be quite honest, but he's a nice guy. Hope he enjoys the SoCal sun... oh wait it's snowing there lololo

Holzer isn't totally useless, he's a 6-7 guy for sure, but with limited minutes and a good partner he could be alright.

Top Bottom