• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Foggy

so is there any reason why CBJ was so desperate to dump wiz? seemed to come out of no where like 2 weeks ago.

Some rumblings about partying too much on his birthday, but that really only explains the healthy scratch from a couple days ago. By all accounts, great in the locker room so maybe Richards or the FO smelled something rotten I don't know. Dude wanted to stay in Columbus even when they were pushing him out the door. Karlsson's the only positive I see in this trade. Bourque is signed through next year and he'll be taking up space along with Clarkson. Oh and a 2nd round pick? Yeehaw. Fuck.

More Wisniewski:"Having my family here for 4 years, having my kids here, having a home here … we have roots here. That’s going to be tough."

Enjoy some fun in the sun and judging by how things worked out for Gaborik, have fun hoisting the cup.

The one bad thing about losing Talbot was he was quite good on the penalty kill, though we can replace that with someone who can do more.

So we still have Lupul, Bozak, Phaneuf, and Booth.

Sigh.......

I like Bozak, but would rather trade him for picks than keep him. We don't need him now, and he'll be past his prime by the time we get a good team going.

Lupul, I like as a person and was a big fan of. He's just injured all the time.

Hopefully they'll all go this summer for good returns.

Silexx

Two guys I was hoping would be gone by the end of today, Chris Phillips and Chris Neil, are still here :(

Realistically, who was going to take them? They're both injured with a year left on both their contracts, who the hell is going to take that on?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Realistically, who was going to take them? They're both injured with a year left on both their contracts, who the hell is going to take that on?

Well I'm not really blaming anyone, Murray even said that he went back to teams who showed some interest a few weeks ago, but, like you said, their injuries really hurt their tradeability.

Nonis did well with the Lindstrom/6th for Jokinen return. I hope Lindstrom can put it together and at least be half-decent, but he's already 31.

I would've been okay with just the conditional pick. It is conditional, right?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm going to take a shot every time Bergevin brings up character when discussing Flynn and Mitchell in his presser today. I'll see you guys in the next life.

yyzjohn

Banned
From what I am hearing he is a slight tier above Tanner Glass.

Good guy to have for tanknation after losing Clarkson and Olli Jokinen.

You're forgetting the post-deadline bump the Leafs have after all the "pressure" of deadline day is done. Kessel scores 12 goals in the final 19, Lupul stays healthy and lights it up, Bernier stands on his head and Leafs go 14-2-3, good enough for 10th overall draft pick.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Looks like the Ducks are making some quality moves. Sorry to see Lovejoy go, but excited to see what all of this new defense will do for us.

Silexx

Well I'm not really blaming anyone, Murray even said that he went back to teams who showed some interest a few eeks ago, but, like you said, their injuries really hurt their tradeability.

I don't think Murray has it in him to be a "seller", but I'm not ready to write him off completely until I see what he does at the draft this year. That's when he seems to be more bold.

For me, I'm just kinda glad I can cheer for the team winning again. I know it's still a long shot and that it can hurt our draft position but man, if we do make it and even end up facing Montreal, it would be epic.

ARoTrKT.jpg

I forgot Bob was GM of the Year. Thanks a lot Bob.

I guess I'll never get to witness playoff Rene Bourque.

Yawnier

Banned
You're forgetting the post-deadline bump the Leafs have after all the "pressure" of deadline day is done. Kessel scores 12 goals in the final 19, Lupul stays healthy and lights it up, Bernier stands on his head and Leafs go 14-2-3, good enough for 10th overall draft pick.

Kessel is going to inevitably get a little hot unless that rumored injury is really nagging him.... he is not going to end the season with only like what, 50 points.

I give it another 3 or 4 games until Lupul is hurt again, possibly for the season

One of Bernier or Reims could get hot too, although I hope not

Bottom six of this team is fucking hot trash now except for Komarov-- meaning little secondary scoring (also with no Franson to score goals on the PP). The defence is also hot trash now too, the D is basically oilers caliber now except for Rielly.

yyzjohn

Banned
Kessel is going to inevitably get a little hot unless that rumored injury is really nagging him.... he is not going to end the season with only like what, 50 points.

I give it another 3 or 4 games until Lupul is hurt again, possibly for the season

One of the Bernier or Reims could also get hot too, although I hope not

Bottom six of this team is fucking hot trash now except for Komarov-- meaning little secondary scoring (also with no Franson to score goals on the PP). The defence is also hot trash now too, the D is basically oilers caliber now except for Rielly.

You're still forgetting the inevitable Boyd Devereaux type performance when you least expect it.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Also, just realized this but the Pens traded Simon Despres for Ben Lovejoy... wtf was Rutherford thinking on that one o_O

Samyy

Apparently Brewer is injured and is being paid a higher salary, so Anaheim gave Toronto a 5th to swap cheap injured salary for higher injured salary.

I am curious to see how Holzer fares on a better team. He was atrocious for the Leafs.

Is Booth the last UFA on the roster? I wouldn't mind him signing back for a bit less $$$ next year. He's not been awful.

Parch

Looks like the Ducks are making some quality moves. Sorry to see Lovejoy go, but excited to see what all of this new defense will do for us.
I thought there was something missing in the Lovejoy Despres deal. Lovejoy gained some value playing on the 1st pairing but I think Despres has great potential. Makes me wonder if there was some sort of problem with him and the Pens.

Experience traded for potential but if Despres is what's expected then the Ducks won this big time in the long run. It could be the best deal of the day.

Cake Boss

Banned
Also, just realized this but the Pens traded Simon Despres for Ben Lovejoy... wtf was Rutherford thinking on that one o_O

He's the worst GM working today.

The James Neal trade
The Semin signing
The Staal for Sutter and the 8th overall
Etc

I have no idea how he got hired again by the Pens.

Top Bottom