• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sekac is so good. I'm so happy with that pickup.

I wonder how DSP has been for the Canadiens so far. I guess we can watch him in person tomorrow.

He'll probably score a hat trick on us :(
He looked good in his first game. Bad last game, but everyone did. He seems like Therrien's kind of player, but it's hard to figure out where he fits into the lineup. Sekac's skill set compliments Anahiems play style more, glad to see he's fitting in.

He looked good in his first game. Bad last game, but everyone did. He seems like Therrien's kind of player, but it's hard to figure out where he fits into the lineup. Sekac's skill set compliments Anahiems play style more, glad to see he's fitting in.

Sekac had his best game so far today, had many chances but stupid Mike Smith felt like stopping pucks.

Heretic

PoliteTiredAmericanalligator.gif

iqpRpgZCSpjeB.gif

iJCEyYI.gif

Shout it from the heavens!

It's the ecstasy of gold!

ZLE4ye.gif

Sekac is so good. I'm so happy with that pickup.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Didn't Therrien say DSP was out of shape?

@emptynetters: Ducks beat the Coyotes, 4-1, in Simon Despres' debut.
Despres had 20:23 of TOI on 24 shifts, two shots, one assist, five hits and was +3.

On one hand I'm furious, on the other hand I'm glad he's with an organization that won't dick him around like our coaches did.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jesus christ, whens the last time there's been teams tank game this strong? Who tanks better Buffalo or Arizona?

You can't count out the perennial frontrunner Oilers and the kings of losing in the worst possible way Leafs either. Truly a battle for the ages for McDavid. Somewhere inbetween are the Blue Jackets and Hurricane too for whatever reason.

Stasis

You gotta feel for the dude who gets drafted first. That chance he lands in Edmonton. Sure its cool to go first but I feel like I'd rather go like 8th or something and possibly be a key piece to a team that can compete soon. I imagine him standing there thinking "please not Edmonton, please not Edmonton" and then having to pretend he's psyched and say all that bullshit about what a great organization it is. No one anywhere thinks that anymore.

Razorskin

----- ------
You gotta feel for the dude who gets drafted first. That chance he lands in Edmonton. Sure its cool to go first but I feel like I'd rather go like 8th or something and possibly be a key piece to a team that can compete soon. I imagine him standing there thinking "please not Edmonton, please not Edmonton" and then having to pretend he's psyched and say all that bullshit about what a great organization it is. No one anywhere thinks that anymore.
Hopefully Edmonton gets the 3rd overall and pick Lawson Crouse.

Montresor

Just woke up - no electricity and no water. Dammit. I cant shower, shave, or brush my teeth.... Dammit...

I dont care about electricity. If only I had water, that's all I'd need to get through the day and start work with dignity (I could shower, shave, brush teeth). I really hate the idea of showing up to work without showering, shaving, or brushing...

TUSR

Banned
Just woke up - no electricity and no water. Dammit. I cant shower, shave, or brush my teeth.... Dammit...

I dont care about electricity. If only I had water, that's all I'd need to get through the day and start work with dignity (I could shower, shave, brush teeth). I really hate the idea of showing up to work without showering, shaving, or brushing...
Drop in at a gym and do it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hawks are in the middle of a stretch where they only play 3 games in 12 days. They get some rest which is nice but I want to watch more of Vermette/Timonen. :lol

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You guys might already know about this, but FeartheFin (Sharks blog) does excellent statistical breakdowns of each Sharks game for both teams.

http://www.fearthefin.com/sharktistical-analysis

They're (mostly) fancy-stat free for those of you who aren't fans of corsi/fenwick. Rather, they track scoring chances, zone entries, zone exits, passes, defense, turnovers in the defensive zone, basically any meaningful event at even strength . Very cool analysis.

Thanks, wish I had watched the game though to compare the actual stats to what I saw. Nobody looked good in the first.

Desharnais has been playing better lately, but he still shouldn't be centering our two best wingers.

Whoo!! Get to see how Cole and Zids plays today against the Rags. The budget acquisitions vs the screw our future, we need to win acquisitions! Fight!

Montresor

<3 at the second shirt. BGally is one of my favourite Habs (even though I still hold a grudge against him for talking smack about my boy Kadri).

zroid

Banned
J5289DP.png

If we don't get a top 5 pick, Monty will be exiled to YotesGAF next year

-------

(edit) question for Leafs Age: if Bernier were to be traded rather than extended, what sort of return would you hope to get? he has one more RFA year, so the team would need to part with some dollar to buy UFA years in any contract with term

zroid

Banned
So lost without Greg Brady on morning radio since he got moved to an afternoon gig :(

Is Blundell as awful as everyone expected? I'm not familiar with his previous work but the stories I've heard are pretty sickening.

I don't listen to early morning radio anyway though

Sportsnet got the Rights to the World Cup of Hockey.

Are You Ready for John Bartlett and Jason York to bore your mind?

TSN has better Commentators Id hate to admit.

ShaneB

Is Blundell as awful as everyone expected? I'm not familiar with his previous work but the stories I've heard are pretty sickening.

He seems fine from the little I've listened to so far, and I'll probably start making it a part of my work in the morning by downloading the podcasts if it clicks, what are these stories?

I just the hell out of love Greg Brady since he's so hilarious, so it definitely makes my mornings at work crawl by a little more.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Ugh. Dean Blundell was fucking terrible on The Edge. Made me stop listening to the morning show there. Don't know about his new show though. Still probably wouldn't listen to him.

zroid

Banned
He seems fine from the little I've listened to so far, and I'll probably start making it a part of my work in the morning by downloading the podcasts if it clicks, what are these stories?

Ah I see, well when he was hired by Sportsnet, the move was widely criticized. Apparently he has a history of misogynistic/homophobic/racist remarks on his previous radio work.

zroid

Banned
Lupul has always paid way too much attention to social media, it isn't healthy. I think I read he has ADHD, or something?

Top Bottom