• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Yawnier

Banned
(edit) question for Leafs Age: if Bernier were to be traded rather than extended, what sort of return would you hope to get? he has one more RFA year, so the team would need to part with some dollar to buy UFA years in any contract with term

Pitts 1st that belongs to Edmonton maybe?

I dunno

ShaneB

Ah I see, well when he was hired by Sportsnet, the move was widely criticized. Apparently he has a history of misogynistic/homophobic/racist remarks on his previous radio work.

Eeep. Yikes. Guess I'll listen with caution. All I knew of him was when Greg Brady had mentioned on air about the change to him moving to the afternoon, and about Blundell taking over the morning slot.

Yawnier

Banned
I'd want a pick in the 10-15 range

Same I would LOVE another first in that range, but I dunno how many teams there are potentially picking in that range looking for a starting goaltender and willing to part with their 1st. I would say San Jose as Bernier fits the bill in what type of goalie they are looking for (around 25 years old) but they don't want to move their first rounder supposedly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wait I don't get it, sounds like he wants to fight the guy and then tells him to act "with class" when presented with that option.

I think I understand why the Leafs are so fucked up, they can't communicate for shit.
Sounds like you just don't understand how to be classy. What kind of man are you?

Spl1nter

Sparks can do it, I think he deserves it too. He has been amazing, and is much further along than Gibson or Bibeau.

The organization really seems to be on the Bibeau train. Sparks is playing in the ECHL. However, that seems to be mainly so he gets as many games as possible instead of splitting them on the Marlies. I thought Sparks looked good when watching him on the Marlies. Definitely looks to have nhl backup potential.

Samyy

The organization really seems to be on the Bibeau train. Sparks is playing in the ECHL. However, that seems to be mainly so he gets as many games as possible instead of splitting them on the Marlies.

Its very clear that Gibson and Bibeau are only in the AHL so they can more closely coach and monitor they're development. Goalies playing in the ECHL is no big deal, Reimer did the same thing. He is better than Gibson or Bibeau right now, he put up great numbers in the AHL, and is killing the ECHL.

Assuming Reimer is moved and a new backup is not brought in then the spot is his to lose IMO.

Razorskin

----- ------
Kadri's twitter is way better.

https://twitter.com/43_kadri

mwVddIF.gif

Spl1nter

Ya based on the numbers, Sparks is dominant in the ECHL. Just think you need to give goalies a lot of games to gain experience, not beneficial to have him as a backup. Sparks will probably play a majority of games next year for the Marlies. Im sure the Leafs can find a backup goalie anyway in free agency. There is always one available.

I also hope that Nylander and Brown are not on the leafs next year. No reason to rush them onto a bad team. Carrick and Leivo will probably be on the team next year.

Samyy

Ya based on the numbers, Sparks is dominant in the ECHL. Just think you need to give goalies a lot of games to gain experience, not beneficial to have him as a backup. Sparks will probably play a majority of games next year for the Marlies. Im sure the Leafs can find a backup goalie anyway in free agency. There is always one available.

I also hope that Nylander and Brown are not on the leafs next year. No reason to rush them onto a bad team. Carrick and Leivo will probably be on the team next year.

Leivo is only 21, no need for him to really be on the team :/
He also missed a lot of gams this year due to injury

For guys like McKegg, Carrick, yea I see them on the team.

That feeling when your team squeaks out a victory against the 2014-2015 Ottawa Senators and then the next day you fucking nail a statistics test.

That. fucking. feeling.

The Wheel Deal ‏@Bill_Roose 4m4 minutes ago Detroit, MI
Babcock said Zetterberg hasn't been cleared yet for # RedWings. If cleared this afternoon, he'll play otherwise Cleary is in vs. @NYRangers.

Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Please be cleared, Pleased be cleary... wait no!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
J5289DP.png

If we don't get a top 5 pick, Monty will be exiled to YotesGAF next year

-------

(edit) question for Leafs Age: if Bernier were to be traded rather than extended, what sort of return would you hope to get? he has one more RFA year, so the team would need to part with some dollar to buy UFA years in any contract with term

3rd round pick, maybe a 2nd round pick if we fleece someone? Goalies don't normally get a lot of return usually from what I remember.

He seems fine from the little I've listened to so far, and I'll probably start making it a part of my work in the morning by downloading the podcasts if it clicks, what are these stories?

I just the hell out of love Greg Brady since he's so hilarious, so it definitely makes my mornings at work crawl by a little more.

Ah I see, well when he was hired by Sportsnet, the move was widely criticized. Apparently he has a history of misogynistic/homophobic/racist remarks on his previous radio work.

Dean Blundell used to be a "shock jock" back on 102.1 the Edge. His shtick was to be insufferable, he'd make fun of everyone and everything. He was taken off the air due to some homophobic things he said. I can freely admit back in my college days I used to listen to his show every single morning. He was all about juvenile humour and at the time it was something I really loved.

Now not as much. I have listened a bit since he started this week, I have no opinion as yet because he's still getting into it. I flip between Mike Richards and him mostly because they talk more Raptors during the time I commute on 590 then they do on TSN Radio.

FIGHT ME!! lol

Kave is Lupul confirmed!!

God I wish I was Lupul, I'd take those rugged good looks any day. But I'd still keep my brain though, what's the point of being so beautiful if I'm an idiot?

ShaneB

Dean Blundell used to be a "shock jock" back on 102.1 the Edge. His shtick was to be insufferable, he'd make fun of everyone and everything. He was taken off the air due to some homophobic things he said. I can freely admit back in my college days I used to listen to his show every single morning. He was all about juvenile humour and at the time it was something I really loved.

Now not as much. I have listened a bit since he started this week, I have no opinion as yet because he's still getting into it. I flip between Mike Richards and him mostly because they talk more Raptors during the time I commute on 590 then they do on TSN Radio.

Thanks for the update on his past history in that case. I often like to have something to fill my mornings while at work, and a daily morning fix of Greg Brady was often my go-to. With him moving to the afternoon, I'm not sure when I'll listen since I download the podcasts after they air, which certainly was fine for morning radio that went from 5:30-9...

I'll listen to Blundell with trepidation and see how it pans out.

The Minnesota state high school hockey tournament starts today.

Here are all the teams, if anybody cares. Holy shit at Lakeville North - one team with five D1 commits on one team. Just dominated everybody this year. Undefeated and heavy favorite to win it all. A good chunk of the rest of the teams have at least one D1 commit.

At least 3/5 of the Lakeville guys will probably get drafted. Maybe more.

Fuck statistics tests. :lol

Haha exactly. My prof is pretty darn easy though. 33 questions, only 30 are graded. Free 6 points every test.

Stet

Banned
if i were phaneuf i would be honoured that lupul slept with my wife

if i were elisha cuthbert, i would be honoured that lupul slept with me

if i were lupul i'd be out for 15 games with a broken pelvis

Razorskin

----- ------
Going to be a big test for our new defense tonight, unless the Habañeros come out flaccid like they did against the Sharks.

Habs aren't much of a test for your defense.

if i were phaneuf i would be honoured that lupul slept with my wife

if i were elisha cuthbert, i would be honoured that lupul slept with me

if i were lupul i'd be out for 15 games with a broken pelvis

:lol

Top Bottom