• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Pikma

Banned
1N7FNZS.gif

also idk who that is
the Tyson of soccer

Calamari41

41 > 38
If it's for the post in the politics thread I don't really understand. There's worse in literally every other thread in this forum.

He's a pretty big dick, and someone probably just tattled about it to a mod. That's really all it takes to get banned around these parts. It just doesn't happen more often because few people run crying to the mods.

Edit: lol, looking up his latest post in that thread, it looks like he went HAM on someone because they disagreed on specifically how capital gains are taxed, a purely technical and in no way emotional issue.

Holy shit - who here has seen the show called Danger 5? I believe it's on Netflix. It's the best thing I've seen in a while. It's from the people who made Italian Spiderman

Socreges

Banned
He's a pretty big dick, and someone probably just tattled about it to a mod. That's really all it takes to get banned around these parts. It just doesn't happen more often because few people run crying to the mods.

Edit: lol, looking up his latest post in that thread, it looks like he went HAM on someone because they disagreed on specifically how capital gains are taxed, a purely technical and in no way emotional issue.
It's true. speculawyer is an easy going, humble guy around these parts. But I've always known him as kind of a prick in other threads. He's also got this weird penchant for random insults toward Canada.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There are a few things I love about this picture.
1) The dead center, bottom row position, where you would normally naturally put the biggest hulking dude in the photo for the sake of balance, is Mats Zuccarello.
2) Literally everyone is looking in a different direction.
3) Martin St. Louis is so tiny that you actually can't even see his face despite the fact that he's standing on the elevated second row.

Meanwhile...
Both the Rangers and the Islanders are bringing the big guns back into the fold for tonight's game. Tanner Glass returns to the lineup for the Rangers, but nearly as importantly as that, some guy named Okposo is returning to the lineup for the Islanders tonight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - game 4

Late on this one, was pretty exhausted last night after the game.

So after our last loss the team decided we all need to focus more on defense and proper movement without the puck. We were leaving our D-men out on an island with no support and the D-men were trying to deke out 2 or 3 guys at a time instead of banking it off the boards because forwards were too far up. So from this we had probably our most complete victory of the year winning 5-1.

We smothered the neutral zone as best we could, had sustained pressured in the offensive zone and were passing the puck a lot more than we usually did. By the end of the game we were all burnt out because everyone really did step up to play a better defensive game and now that we saw offense can still come from it we don't expect it to fall off.

I can say offensively this was probably my worst game, no shots on net, no real presence in front of the net either but my forecheck continues to be pretty strong. I had a few opportunities but the puck kept bouncing off my stick or off my skate.

Shoutout to Quick giving me a few pointers about stopping. I still haven't mastered it but I'm able to stop a lot better now.

Highlight of the game for me at least was last night's refs were absolutely amazing. They understood it was a beginner league and did everything they could to encourage both teams and give us pointers. One ref was determined to help me score a goal, he'd constantly yell at me to skate to the net and be ready for a pass or get a rebound. He'd yell at me anytime I didn't have two hands on my stick. He gave me a few pointers afterwards too, just basically told me to keep driving the net and parking right in front of the goalie. I'm not the tallest guy but I'm big and he noticed when I did get in front of the net it was virtually impossible for the other team to move me.

So thanks to all the hard work yesterday I am taking tonight off, I need to let my legs heal one night before I'm back out on the ice to continue practicing.

3 more games left and then the Super Series tournament. :eek:

Ursn

Kave learns to play hockey - game 4

Late on this one, was pretty exhausted last night after the game.

So after our last loss the team decided we all need to focus more on defense and proper movement without the puck. We were leaving our D-men out on an island with no support and the D-men were trying to deke out 2 or 3 guys at a time instead of banking it off the boards because forwards were too far up. So from this we had probably our most complete victory of the year winning 5-1.

We smothered the neutral zone as best we could, had sustained pressured in the offensive zone and were passing the puck a lot more than we usually did. By the end of the game we were all burnt out because everyone really did step up to play a better defensive game and now that we saw offense can still come from it we don't expect it to fall off.

I can say offensively this was probably my worst game, no shots on net, no real presence in front of the net either but my forecheck continues to be pretty strong. I had a few opportunities but the puck kept bouncing off my stick or off my skate.

Shoutout to Quick giving me a few pointers about stopping. I still haven't mastered it but I'm able to stop a lot better now.

Highlight of the game for me at least was last night's refs were absolutely amazing. They understood it was a beginner league and did everything they could to encourage both teams and give us pointers. One ref was determined to help me score a goal, he'd constantly yell at me to skate to the net and be ready for a pass or get a rebound. He'd yell at me anytime I didn't have two hands on my stick. He gave me a few pointers afterwards too, just basically told me to keep driving the net and parking right in front of the goalie. I'm not the tallest guy but I'm big and he noticed when I did get in front of the net it was virtually impossible for the other team to move me.

So thanks to all the hard work yesterday I am taking tonight off, I need to let my legs heal one night before I'm back out on the ice to continue practicing.

3 more games left and then the Super Series tournament. :eek:

That's awesome, sounds like a lot of fun. I want to learn to play ice hockey.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I almost got into a fight my last game. This guy kept hitting me in the face, and there was no call, so i went back at him both times. Pissed me off.

I almost got into a fight my last game. This guy kept hitting me in the face, and there was no call, so i went back at him both times. Pissed me off.
I had a guy in a no check league that wouldnt stop hitting people as the play was heading down ice. only 1 ref and he was looking the other way (other called off I guess)

I couldnt take it anymore, fired a slapshot right at him. didnt hurt him, but he got the message

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I had a guy in a no check league that wouldnt stop hitting people as the play was heading down ice. only 1 ref and he was looking the other way (other called off I guess)

I couldnt take it anymore, fired a slapshot right at him. didnt hurt him, but he got the message

yeah, lots of people take it too far ( including me in this instance, but I had it).

eyeless

Carolina vs Columbus tonight

OH YEAH!!!
it's an interesting situation, you could look at it like someone has to lose but i think a guaranteed 2 points for someone is a positive

i'd prefer a columbus ot win, that way columbus is 2 points up on us with a game in hand and carolina ties us with two games still in hand and we slip to fourth

either way somebody's gotta get 2 points with games still in hand so we win

also fuck david booth that a was nice backhand individual effort thanks for the goals when it's too late to benefit us in any way go cut off an animal's head for kicks

ZeroGravity

Time to unleash the Drouin:

Cooper: “He went from not getting a ton of offensive chances to now he gets two or three really good ones each game. He’s been responsible at both sides of the puck, that’s why his minutes are going up. He’s found his way onto the power play. And he’s earned those, they aren’t gifts. And we are in Montreal, so crazy things can happen. Maybe this is his night.’’

zroid

Banned
They should just move the Blue Jays to Montreal. Only way that team will ever succeed. The Toronto curse is insurmountable.

Merguson

Banned
They should just move the Blue Jays to Montreal. Only way that team will ever succeed. The Toronto curse is insurmountable.

But the Blue Jays will simply carry the curse to Montreal eventually infecting the rest of Montreal's sports team.... oh...

I'll start the petition.

Top Bottom