• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Stasis

I hate the Islanders, but the rivalry is so damn intense/fun this season, and Teethmummy is hard to hate, so I have mixed feelings in general about all of this.

It'd be much easier if you were a dick, Teeth. =/

Also, because I still think it's funny, and I'm fairly certain you didn't see it... I'm repeating that Terry Crews said: "These Islanders are delicious!" in the last episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Unrelated to NHL, but still awesome.

edit: As to Glass coming back in... intangibles? I think it just has to do with Shep not yet really knowing the system as much as AV would like. Glass is a little tougher and knows the guys better. Unless he has a glorious night I think Shep is back next game.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
So, uh, I'm not sure if this is the best place to say this but I kinda need some help.

I'm having some issues with a holler riding down a street I usually go down while jogging, and while the first time around it was kinda funny, after 7 or 8 times over a span of two weeks its gotten to the point I need to do something about this guy. This guy is also seems persistent as whenever he shows up, just blurts out "HEY BITCH" and smiles like nothing happens. I do not know this nor have I ever met him prior to this, but I manged to get solid glimpses of what he looks like and a pretty good sight of his car model enough to search it up.

Unfortunately its not easy to predict when he'll drive (ride in this case) by and allow me to get documentation for a police report, and the last thing I need is to walk along the sidewalk and having people thinking I stalking someone.

Sorry for posting this in a NHL thread, but this issue is getting rather ridiculous and I need some serious help catching this guy.

zroid

Banned
So, uh, I'm not sure if this is the best place to say this but I kinda need some help.

I'm having some issues with a holler riding down a street I usually go down while jogging, and while the first time around it was kinda funny, after 7 or 8 times over a span of two weeks its gotten to the point I need to do something about this guy. This guy is also seems persistent as whenever he shows up, just blurts out "HEY BITCH" and smiles like nothing happens. I do not know this nor have I ever met him prior to this, but I manged to get solid glimpses of what he looks like and a pretty good sight of his car model enough to search it up.

Unfortunately its not easy to predict when he'll drive (ride in this case) by and allow me to get documentation for a police report, and the last thing I need is to walk along the sidewalk and having people thinking I stalking someone.

Sorry for posting this in a NHL thread, but this issue is getting rather ridiculous and I need some serious help catching this guy.

wat

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So when Therrien moved AGally back to wing from center, he claimed that AGally asked for it. In a new article out today, AGally said he never asked for that. Therrien is full of shit, what a complete shock.

Quick

Banned

Get the plate number on his car, report to the authorities.

Clydefrog

next time he does it, throw ninja stars at him.

or go jogging down a different street.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

wat

zroid

Banned
Trust me, this is serious and true =/

Yeah, not the best place to tell this, but its been rather annoying.

No worries man, that's just really weird. D:

I don't blame you for being concerned.

So when Therrien moved AGally back to wing from center, he claimed that AGally asked for it. In a new article out today, AGally said he never asked for that. Therrien is full of shit, what a complete shock.

:lol

Pikma

Banned
Maybe he didn't know he was asking for it.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for some of the advise guys, I'll try to get the license plate the best I can since the street is pretty snake-like.

Although throwing ninja stars sounds pretty good too :lol

Also, can't watch the Stars game due to regional restrictions (basketball comes first down here...) but PLEASE don't get killed too badly tonight boys.

zroid

Banned
Saw on twitter (@stat_sam):

B_xUjtvVEAE4uSD.png

save % of goalies qualified by low/medium/high danger

closer to the right --> higher save% against low danger shots
closer to the top --> higher save% against medium danger shots
bluer --> higher save% against high danger shots

Ryan Miller is an odd case: he's GREAT against high danger shots, but sucks against low and medium danger shots

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here we go. Possibly the single most important game of the regular season for us. The very last (I hope) ever Rangers-Islanders game at the Mausoleum.

Let's see if we can avoid completely shitting the bed in the first 5 minutes this time.

Red_Man

"They're suppose to go to the Stanley Cup Final, that's the expectation."

Maybe for you Doug Maclean, but you're the only one with that expectation.

"They're the favourite in any round because of this guy (Price)"

More Maclean magic. This guy gets paid to say these things.

Quick

Banned
I picked up Far Cry 3 on sale on PSN, and the entire thing just feels really overwhelming and directionless. I stopped playing at the part where I need to gather plants for medicine (so, not too far into the game), but the trip to get to that part was just "the fuck is all this."

I wanted to try FC3 before jumping into FC4, now all interest in 5 is out the window.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just about halfway through the first, shots are 7-1 Islanders. And that 1 was while shorthanded.

Pretty much following the same script we've seen all season between these two.

Quick

Banned
Kave learns to play hockey - game 4

Late on this one, was pretty exhausted last night after the game.

So after our last loss the team decided we all need to focus more on defense and proper movement without the puck. We were leaving our D-men out on an island with no support and the D-men were trying to deke out 2 or 3 guys at a time instead of banking it off the boards because forwards were too far up. So from this we had probably our most complete victory of the year winning 5-1.

We smothered the neutral zone as best we could, had sustained pressured in the offensive zone and were passing the puck a lot more than we usually did. By the end of the game we were all burnt out because everyone really did step up to play a better defensive game and now that we saw offense can still come from it we don't expect it to fall off.

I can say offensively this was probably my worst game, no shots on net, no real presence in front of the net either but my forecheck continues to be pretty strong. I had a few opportunities but the puck kept bouncing off my stick or off my skate.

Shoutout to Quick giving me a few pointers about stopping. I still haven't mastered it but I'm able to stop a lot better now.

Highlight of the game for me at least was last night's refs were absolutely amazing. They understood it was a beginner league and did everything they could to encourage both teams and give us pointers. One ref was determined to help me score a goal, he'd constantly yell at me to skate to the net and be ready for a pass or get a rebound. He'd yell at me anytime I didn't have two hands on my stick. He gave me a few pointers afterwards too, just basically told me to keep driving the net and parking right in front of the goalie. I'm not the tallest guy but I'm big and he noticed when I did get in front of the net it was virtually impossible for the other team to move me.

So thanks to all the hard work yesterday I am taking tonight off, I need to let my legs heal one night before I'm back out on the ice to continue practicing.

3 more games left and then the Super Series tournament. :eek:

Love it. Become the Kessel.

robot-fist-bump-video-game-thumbs-up-dap.gif

Red_Man

What the fuck Sportsnet, this game is running at like 10 fps, and the audio is choppy.
I thought my internet was just shit, but it seems everyone has this issue. But hey, I'm not suppose to complain about this shit service we're stuck with for 12 years!

Top Bottom