• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

foppy79

Hello NHLGAF, figure I'll tune in due to sorta-kinda having a horse in this race (live near Pittsburgh, friend is huge pens fan) don't really care too much one way or the other though, just figure the building bad blood will be entertaining.

Prediction: Pens win tonight, 3-1 curse takes effect

Socreges

Banned
Hello NHLGAF, figure I'll tune in due to sorta-kinda having a horse in this race (live near Pittsburgh, friend is huge pens fan) don't really care too much one way or the other though, just figure the building bad blood will be entertaining.

Sounds like you should jump on the Preds bandwagon.

PillarEN

Hi. Enjoy the series. Don't be weirded out by our behavior.

I know nothing about hockey, so I'm sure this is a stupid question but:

What is the difference between icing and just clearing the puck from the goal?

Line_HTX

Icing is if you shoot it to their end boards from behind center ice.

Clearing is getting it out of your own blue line.

PillarEN

Icing: sending the pick to the other side (goal line) from behind the center ice line. The team who commits icing can't change players. Doesn't count if you're short handed.

Top Bottom