• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueGrime

I think the Rangers played well last night.

There's no doubt in my mind that they have learned that if they make mistakes in their own zone, LA is going to burn them every time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Kaep, I just saw that you're looking at USC. The dean of the business school and one of the top guys at the med school are both parents of fraternity brothers. It looks like you're going for Annenberg though so I'm not sure if they can help you.

Depends on the market I suppose

I don't see much crossover in the fan bases here. Although going to a bar to watch Kings/hawks game six was hilarious because of this. Big Wangs in downtown LA was pretty much a Kings bar during the game and a big group of people came in to watch the Dodgers game and got super salty and left when the manager wouldn't change the channel.

Holy crap, I didn't know Girardi was posting numbers this bad: http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/6/5/5781818/dan-girardi-analysis-rangers-stanley-cup-final-2014

DanGirardiRolling10GameCorsiPercentage.png

I don't see much crossover in the fan bases here. Although going to a bar to watch Kings/hawks game six was hilarious because of this. Big Wangs in downtown LA was pretty much a Kings bar during the game and a big group of people came in to watch the Dodgers game and got super salty and left when the manager wouldn't change the channel.

Reminds me when I was in Newport Beach during the Ducks/Wings WCF and having to search for a bar that had versus and had the game on.......as a Torontonian that was really strange

The Hollywood Reporter published the overnight ratings for Wednesday’s night’s Stanley Cup Final Game 1 broadcast on NBC. And like most statistics, you can pull what you want from them.

If you’re Gary Bettman, you’ll be happy to trumpet that Los Angeles’ 3-2 OT win over the Rangers pulled the second-biggest overnight ratings for a Game 1 in NBC history: a 3.8 among households. That’s way up from the 2.4 delivered by the 2012 opener featuring the Kings and Devils, and it gave the Peacock network first place for the night.

Hockey viewership in Los Angeles was also way up. The game earned a 7.1 households rating in the nation’s biggest market. That’s the third-best number ever for a hockey game in L.A. and it suggests a growing level of interest that can be built on in the future.

The news isn’t all good, however. The numbers were down more than 20 percent from last year’s record-breaking opener featuring Boston and Chicago. It’s clear tough for even the nation’s two largest TV markets to match the hockey passion in Beantown and the Second City.

http://nhl.si.com/2014/06/05/rangers-kings-stanley-cup-final-game-1-tv-ratings-up-and-down/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't think anyone cares about little shit like that. At least Hockey fans.
Guess you missed all the whining and bitching made about Phaneuf wearing a Red Bull hat during post game interviews, and how that was reflective of his lack of leadership skills.

Clydefrog

I used to have an annual pass to Disneyland. It was like under $300 for 215 days of the year. I had it for a few years with the GF. We would go a lot... I don't have it anymore and I hear the prices have gone way up for it.

I even got a free invite once for lunch at Club 33 in the park. pretty cool little spot

I love the smell of chlorine so that Pirates of the Caribbean ride is heaven to me

Calamari41

41 > 38
Lol can you guys believe that weak-ass PUSSY LeBron hobbling his way to the bench, then not even being able to make it by himself? What a fucking loser.

*Takes 3 solid minutes to get up off the couch*

Alex Curry went to my high school, i think she was a year or so above me,

Im surprised its in huntington and not Hermosa Beach, the bar down there "The North End" usually gets a bunch of kings players in it after a game

Im bummed i am going to be working an event on saturday and will probably miss the first period, its so bad representing the company I work for with my disgusting 14 year old looking japanese playoff face pubes

Alex Curry went to my high school, i think she was a year or so above me,

Im surprised its in huntington and not Hermosa Beach, the bar down there "The North End" usually gets a bunch of kings players in it after a game

It might be that. I've been drinking Booker's bourbon for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom