• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA-GAF, I gotta give props to you. The Stinking Rose is a fantastic restaurant. Will definitely be going back again. Caught the GF with food in her mouth, she won't be happy about this.

Stinking Rose is awesome, but the damn garlic smell stick to your hair for like a week after. Feel like I would fail a drug test after. Well, not that I would pass to begin with I guess.

And I always feel like a loser when I have to valet an '08 Elantra :( broke 20s feels

Calamari41

41 > 38
Where do you live in Newport Beach if you're broke, Clyde? Last time I checked like two years ago it was the most expensive place to live in the country.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Holy shit at this Grantland piece:

Welcome to the walkthrough for NHL Playoff Quest. In this challenging new adventure game, you assume the role of a valiant Hockey Player trying to capture the legendary Stanley Cup. But the journey is fraught with peril, and only the truly heroic can survive. This walkthrough will guide you through the various strategies, side quests, and boss fights that stand between you and winning the game.

As the game begins, you are on the bench listening to the last few bars of the national anthem. Depending on the arena you’re in, this scene will take between three and 35 minutes. It cannot be skipped. Once the song ends, be sure to hit the “Let’s Go Now, Boys” button a few times to build up your Leadership Points. Wait until your coach taps you on the shoulder, and then jump on the ice. Note: Do not jump on the ice before the coach taps you, as this will activate “1979 Bruins mode” and make the game unwinnable.
Main Quest Chapter 1: FIRST PERIOD

Early in the game, your character will be wearing a standard-issue set of Titanium Hockey Armor. At this point, you can decide whether or not to also don the Visor of Eye Protection; refusing to do so will make you vulnerable to career-ending eye injuries, but also unlock the “Good Canadian Boy” achievement. This is also a good time to equip a weapon.

Clydefrog

I'm still laughing about Lebron.

This thread was beating the NBA Finals thread until today. They're now up by like 300 posts on us. You guys better not be posting over there.

Where do you live in Newport Beach if you're broke, Clyde? Last time I checked like two years ago it was the most expensive place to live in the country.

I'm basically in Costa Mesa. The weird districting technically puts me in Newport Beach though. I'm by the airport and the fairgrounds. Shit still ain't cheap though!

Also, how did you know/guess that I'm broke?

This thread was beating the NBA Finals thread until today. They're now up by like 300 posts on us. You guys better not be posting over there.

I'm basically in Costa Mesa. The weird districting technically puts me in Newport Beach though. I'm by the airport and the fairgrounds. Shit still ain't cheap though!

I haven't posted there since the thread got locked for not being as high quality as NHL-Gaf.

Calamari41

41 > 38

That's a great area too though. You're not too far from me. I live at the pier in Huntington, so it's just a straight shot down Adams.

And lol, I was skimming the thread and mistook Pickles' avatar for yours in his post where he laments being broke. Both Kings fans, though, so it wasn't too risky to make the assumption, amirite?

That's a great area too though. You're not too far from me. I live at the pier in Huntington, so it's just a straight shot down Adams.

And lol, I was skimming the thread and mistook Pickles' avatar for yours in his post where he laments being broke. Both Kings fans, though, so it wasn't too risky to make the assumption, amirite?

Lol. That's why the real kings fans aren't at the games. Mostly rich bandwagoners.

Ever been to the New Yankee Stadium? No real fans anymore can even get close to the field

Lol. That's why the real kings fans aren't at the games. Mostly rich bandwagoners.

Ever been to the New Yankee Stadium? No real fans anymore can even get close to the field

:( fucking Yankees tickets are expensive for decent seats.

Dodgers games are so cheap when compared to other teams and sports. Especially on stubhub. In fact if you go to stubhub Yankees tickets start at twice the price when compared to Dodgers tickets.

How are Angles tickets?

Calamari41

41 > 38
How are Angles tickets?

You can walk up to the box office with five George Washingtons and get yourself a nice outfield seat for a noon game. Depending on the opponent, of course.

I actually don't know how much the good seats are because I'm still leeching off of my parents' season tickets.

The fact is though that baseball tickets will always be vastly cheaper, since there are soooo many games. If you try to actually go to them all, it starts to become like a second job.

You can walk up to the box office with five George Washingtons and get yourself a nice outfield seat for a noon game. Depending on the opponent, of course.

I actually don't know how much the good seats are because I'm still leeching off of my parents' season tickets.

Such a gorgeous park.

And if you come early enough, park in the business/warehouse area for free parking and walk a bit to the stadium. One of the parking areas even has a guy making awesome hot dogs

And you can check out Alex Curry while you're there

The fact is though that baseball tickets will always be vastly cheaper, since there are soooo many games. If you try to actually go to them all, it starts to become like a second job.

I end up going to around 10 a year. Already been to four this season. I might try and go take my son to see the Yankees play the A's. Tickets start around $40 bucks each.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Such a gorgeous park.

I love it, it's a great place to spend a big chunk of the summer. It really doesn't come across as well in pictures. You need the whole field of vision, and not all zoomed out with a camera lens.

RWmTH.jpg

Should really hit up an A's game this summer. Beisbol is boring but going to the games is usually fun.

Way better in person and usually you're just half paying attention to the game while chatting with friends and drinking beer

Sometimes newbies go and you have to explain why they're all walking off after that baseball player guy caught the ball.

Marvie_3

Banned
Way better in person and usually you're just half paying attention to the game while chatting with friends and drinking beer

Sometimes newbies go and you have to explain why they're all walking off after that baseball player guy caught the ball.

I'd take that over the newbies at hockey games that can't go 3 seconds without screaming "SHOOT IT"

Giggzy

Stinking Rose is awesome, but the damn garlic smell stick to your hair for like a week after. Feel like I would fail a drug test after. Well, not that I would pass to begin with I guess.

And I always feel like a loser when I have to valet an '08 Elantra :( broke 20s feels

Hahahah... Yeah, I had to valet my Mazda 3 which hadn't had a car wash in months. Somewhat degrading next to all the rich cars :p

DID YOU GET THE GARLIC ICE CREAM?!

SR is awesome.

Yeah I got the garlic ice cream, but to be honest I don't think I tasted much by that point because of the garlic overload already.

The garlic meatloaf was great though :)

*Power Play*

"WHY DO THEY KEEP PASSING IT TO EACH OTHER??"

*winger at the blue line in perfect position for a block*

JUST SHOOT IT ALREADY, GOD THEY SUCK

People seriously think the Flying V should be used every time they break out.

And freak out when the goalie leaves the net to play a dumped in puck. They don't understand why.

People that don't understand dumping the puck in general are great. Or not just icing it during a long defensive zone shift.

Heretic

I'd take that over the newbies at hockey games that can't go 3 seconds without screaming "SHOOT IT"
Hey, we can complain... We have Getzlaf!

*Power Play*

"WHY DO THEY KEEP PASSING IT TO EACH OTHER??"
Ducks Hockey :'(

People seriously think the Flying V should be used every time they break out.

And freak out when the goalie leaves the net to play a dumped in puck. They don't understand why.
I call the flying v just for fun :(

Also, the boards at the Ponda have been less than predictable. Hiller needs to stay in the damn net!

Hiller :'(

Regarding the Giants, will they even have a real fanbase in a decade once tech completes the process of driving out all longtime city residents. Will all the Google employees be LLLs? Will the original fans continue to cheer the team from their new homes in Oakland or Modesto?

Hey, we can complain... We have Getzlaf!

Ducks Hockey :'(

I call the flying v just for fun :(

Also, the boards at the Ponda have been less than predictable. Hiller needs to stay in the damn net!

Hiller :'(

Individually the players are good for the power play but they play like it's one on one.

If Getzlaf and Thornton were on a 2 on 0 breakaway there would be 6 passes, 0 shots on goal

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's all part of the keikaku to distract everyone while Perry fills all their gloves with water.

We're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Heretic

Individually the players are good for the power play but they play like it's one on one.

If Getzlaf and Thornton were on a 2 on 0 breakaway there would be 6 passes, 0 shots on goal
I would pay to see this. I'd probably die of anger though.
It's all part of the keikaku to distract everyone while Perry fills all their gloves with water.

We're playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.
Lol

Quick

Banned
The Chicago Brockhawks is hilarious.

54ae3dfdd8e589b8e3f57592f95c8ab0.png

Both the Caps ones are pretty cool.

edit: I'd probably go to more Jays games if they had a great ballpark.

I'm conflicted with the Rogers Centre. I like the dome aspect, since it means no game delays, but I hate how much of a bowl it is. The exterior improved over the years, but it still looks bland. I don't know if painting it would actually make it look better.

They are installing grass in there once the Argos are gone. That's a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom