• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers aren't doing the viewing party in Bryant Park again for tomorrow. It's back at their much much much smaller normal rooftop location across the street from the Garden.

Fucking lame.

ShaneB

I'm conflicted with the Rogers Centre. I like the dome aspect, since it means no game delays, but I hate how much of a bowl it is. The exterior improved over the years, but it still looks bland. I don't know if painting it would actually make it look better.

They are installing grass in there once the Argos are gone. That's a plus.

Baseball will always feel like an outdoors sport to me, much like Football, so I really don't like Domes at all. Just feel so lifeless. At least the Rogers centre is retractable and all that, and yeah, when they install the grass at Rogers Centre, that should help add some character to watching the games.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So apparently the Kings bought ad space on digital billboards next to Madison Square Garden:

7LEF7cQ.jpg

04R9Nl2.jpg

I'll give credit to the Kings: this takes balls.

Calamari41

41 > 38
USC put up an ad for football tickets in Westwood a couple years ago and the whiners went to city hall to get it taken down. It's a surprisingly effective troll tactic and it's not like it costs more than putting up any other billboard.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...les-mayor-eric-garcetti-rangers-kings-stanley

NEW YORK—Preceding Game 1 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Final, Mayor Bill de Blasio today announced a bet with Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.

If the New York Rangers win, Mayor Garcetti will help perform a rendition of Frank Sinatra’s “New York, New York” on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

If the Los Angeles Kings win, Mayor de Blasio will help perform a rendition of Randy Newman’s “I Love LA” on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

“Start spreading the news, it’s been over 20 years since the Stanley Cup has found its home in New York City, and we look forward to it making its way here,” said Mayor Bill de Blasio. “Let’s go Rangers.”

“Looks like another perfect day—for the Kings to take home the Stanley Cup,” Mayor Eric Garcetti said. “From the west side to the east side, the Kings will reign. Go Kings Go!”

The losing Mayor would also provide hot dogs for Kimmel’s audience—Mayor Garcetti would provide Pink's Hot Dogs, while Mayor de Blasio would provide hot dogs from Gray’s Papaya.

This sounds way better than the lame-ass governors' bet.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Pokemon+Style+NHL+Logos&id=454164

Better than the Simpsons logos at least. Dat Slowking.

RIP NBA GAF, but Goddamn is it inconvenient to go to that other forum. 90% of the time I just don't even bother.

Oh shit, Charmeleon was my favourite Pokemon growing up, that's way better than this lame ass Simpsons one I've got now.

Toronto as Gyarados would make sense if he evolved into Magikarp, not the other way around.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So apparently the Kings bought ad space on digital billboards next to Madison Square Garden:

04R9Nl2.jpg

I'll give credit to the Kings: this takes balls.
I'm only just seeing this post now, but I was literally just walking by there 45 minutes ago and almost took a picture, because it was a big sign that said "GO RANGERS! BEAT THE KINGS!" Now I really wish I took a pictures of it. I didn't see that other smaller Kings billboard, but I did see that MSG was all lit up in blue, which was a cool touch that I don't recall seeing before.

Really funny that the Kings bought themselves into the ad rotation, though. The Kings really do have the best social media/marketing team in the biz.

This fucking series needs to get to this town stat.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Here's to hoping she doesn't smell like Fountain Valley.

Hey that's only a couple of blocks by the shit factory. (That sentence wasn't a joke, for any bystanders)

Also, maybe now you Rangers are seeing why it is so important to Southern California's non-Kings that you not allow them to have a summer of celebration here.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My hockey thirst is real. Unfortunately I will be watching at a bar with real people, so I won't be able to contribute to the thread unless something REALLY Kings-troll-worthy happens. I need to pass the Weegee gif torch onto someone else.

Metal, are you ready for this responsibility?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only just seeing this post now, but I was literally just walking by there 45 minutes ago and almost took a picture, because it was a big sign that said "GO RANGERS! BEAT THE KINGS!" Now I really wish I took a pictures of it. I didn't see that other smaller Kings billboard, but I did see that MSG was all lit up in blue, which was a cool touch that I don't recall seeing before.

Really funny that the Kings bought themselves into the ad rotation, though. The Kings really do have the best social media/marketing team in the biz.

This fucking series needs to get to this town stat.
Oh good, somebody else took a picture of that billboard for me it seems.

nyrbillboardl3qr2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom