• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Testing them this year so they can be prepared for a rematch next year?

Lol. I'd like to think it wouldn't be the Kings next year.

As long as we're trying to rationalize our defeat...

Anaheim won the first Stanley Cup 5 years before LA. First California team. Can't take that away. Will always be the first. Always. And it didn't take 42 years.

Ducks beat the Kings in the one and only Stadium Series championship extravaganza.

8469826975ca7c7f80639a2213384a2f.jpg

knicks

Fucking Rangers are so bad. Can't even get a shot on goal with an empty net.

Offense is atrocious. Feel sorry for the people who spent $1000+ for a ticket.

Robot Pants

Dude. Rangers are legit shook. Played like dog shit this whole game.
A full four minutes with 6 players and not a single shot on goal until the final 12 seconds.

Glad the Kings decided to finally show up in this goddamn series. Beautiful play from the defense. Better control in our zone. Great play in the neutral zone. I can't even be mad if we lost.

~Kinggi~

Banned
All i gotta say is glad i spent tonight watching all the E3 conferences and didnt have to endure the pain of this game. Saw the score after it was final. SMH. RIP Rangers

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't really have much to add from the 2nd int.

At least I got to fist bump Jeremy Roenick? *shrug*

In stories it'll be that I punched him.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Final is going great so far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Remember when all the sensitive Ranger fans got upset because everyone said the Kings would take this series easily? Only team from the East that would have given them a rough ride are the Bruins.

Series isn't over yet.
Yea it is.

Anaheim won the first Stanley Cup 5 years before LA. First California team. Can't take that away. Will always be the first. Always. And it didn't take 42 years.

yup

any arrogant kings fans that wanna get in my face then i can always bring these facts up.

@Redman, yeah if the bruins had made it this far the kings would have been in big trouble

Historically Boston teams in any sport tend to get the best of LA teams

Quick

Banned
yup

any arrogant kings fans that wanna get in my face then i can always bring these facts up.

@Redman, yeah if the bruins had made it this far the kings would have been in big trouble

Historically Boston teams in any sport tend to get the best of LA teams

It would've been a case of Lucic murdering the Kings in their sleep, and the Kings having to use the Monarchs roster, who Lucic will kill as well, with the Bruins winning due to the Kings forfeiting with lack of players left alive.

HIS WORDS, NOT MINE.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure some Rangers fans feel they could have easily won all 3 games.
The first two games, absolutely. This one, honestly, the battle level was there. We more than doubled the Kings up on shots. I think we may have outhit them again. Just couldn't beat Quick. And while Hank didn't play terribly great, this loss isn't really on him. If Hank is playing great we lose 2-0 instead of 3.

This is why we needed to win in LA. You have to expect there's going to be at least one game like this where Quick is basically going to straight up win it for the Kings. You can afford to have this game if it's 1-1 or better coming back. Can't when you're already in this kind of hole.

I still think we can win Game 4, but then it's pretty much 50-50 whether the Kings win it in 5 or 6.

It would've been a case of Lucic murdering the Kings in their sleep, and the Kings having to use the Monarchs roster, who Lucic will kill as well, with the Bruins winning due to the Kings forfeiting with lack of players left alive.

HIS WORDS, NOT MINE.

he'll be the anti-stoll.

JDeluis

God damn! I thought this thread was about the Kings vs. Rangers, not how much the ducks were the better team this year. Not even Chicago, San Jose or New York is complaining this much.

LJ11

Remember when all the sensitive Ranger fans got upset because everyone said the Kings would take this series easily? Only team from the East that would have given them a rough ride are the Bruins.

Word, Rangers got stomped the first two games.

Outcome will be what many expected, series is closer than some may want to believe, tonight's shit show being the exception. Rangers are a flawed team, they have some real dead weight, and no real top end talent at C or F, but they competed hard in the first two games and should have held on for at least one victory. Just haven't put together a solid all around game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom