• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Roenick is loving it at the Garden. He was having a blast after Game 3, and that was with the crowd being pretty depressed. :D

RangersFan

Bp5huMrIQAA0bu4.jpg:large

Well I was hoping it would go out with a bang, but the bar I go to is closing down after Thursday. Going to reopen in a few months as a Gastropub...eh. It's a sad day all around. Some of the staff might stay, it's a three month renovation, but it won't be the same.

I'm moving to the south bay on Thursday, too. Lot of change to work through.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well I was hoping it would go out with a bang, but the bar I go to is closing down after Thursday. Going to reopen in a few months as a Gastropub...eh. It's a sad day all around. Some of the staff might stay, it's a three month renovation, but it won't be the same.

Whereabouts in the South Yay are you moving?

Acid08

Banned

YOU'RE NOT WELCOME MOTHERFUCKER

jk let's grab a beer

Calamari41

41 > 38
Playa Vista/Playa del Rey/boringsville. Roommate works at an aviation firm nearby. We're real close to LMU. Got a great apartment for cheap though.

Hey I used to live just north in Marina Del Rey, right at Lincoln and Washington. It's a solid area, the 90 right there is like having a traffic hack. Plus you are ultra close to Venice Beach if you're into that scene (I wasn't)

There are some solid bars around Washington there. I lived right next door to Brennan's, which is just ok. They have turtle races so hey, that's a thing. I seem to remember a place called The Whaler or something that was good, too. The restaurants lining Admiralty are all top notch, or at least they were in 2009-2011. Definitely go to Shutters at the Beach up Main Street, and the Omelet Parlor for breakfast.

That's not the South Bay, though!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist: "We didn't want to see the Cup coming out on our home ice. Just the thought of it makes me sick."

Mats Zuccarello: "We probably play our worst game of the series and we win."

Dan Girardi: "I've never beern so happy to have a long flight and a time change."

bp5pdhbiiaahxnflhf0e.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, I'm looking at the replays of the Stepan play in the crease, and I don't know what you guys are talking about saying he covered the puck with his glove. He didn't. His first swipe with the open hand puts it under Hank, then the puck comes out again and, on the reverse angle, you can see that Stepan uses the back and side of his hand to slide the puck over and into Lundqvist's blocker hand, which is when the puck is finally blown dead.

Hey I used to live just north in Marina Del Rey, right at Lincoln and Washington. It's a solid area, the 90 right there is like having a traffic hack. Plus you are ultra close to Venice Beach if you're into that scene (I wasn't)

There are some solid bars around Washington there. I lived right next door to Brennan's, which is just ok. They have turtle races so hey, that's a thing. I seem to remember a place called The Whaler or something that was good, too. The restaurants lining Admiralty are all top notch, or at least they were in 2009-2011. Definitely go to Shutters at the Beach up Main Street, and the Omelet Parlor for breakfast.

Yeah it's bit off, but I've always considered that entire area south bay as I've driven through it. Honestly I'm pretty excited about the move, I'm gonna have to check out a lot of stuff in the area. Just a whole lot going on in a short period of time + I'm still splitting time in San Diego. If you have any other recommendations let me know.

Didn't think Stepan closed his glove either, for the record.

RangersFan

Playa Vista/Playa del Rey/boringsville. Roommate works at an aviation firm nearby. We're real close to LMU. Got a great apartment for cheap though.

No shit, I used to live right on Marina Pointe Dr. Lol Turtle races. I also lived in Playa Del Rey briefly in "the Jungle." Miss taking my bike right out of my apartment and onto the Manhattan beach bike path.

Calamari41

41 > 38
No shit, I used to live right on Marina Pointe Dr. Lol Turtle races. I also lived in Playa Del Rey briefly in "the Jungle." Miss taking my bike right out of my apartment and onto the Manhattan beach bike path.

Oh damn son, I was at The Jefferson right behind you. I loved that spot. Moved to Santa Monica afterwards for a couple years and it was a mistake. It was nice being closer to "LA proper," but it still didn't beat the Marina to me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This net cam angle of the Stepan play is pretty cool because you can actually hear the ref behind the net explaining to the Kings players in the crease that Stepan is allowed to push the puck with the open hand. Really clear audio of it.

One of the Kings says "he can't push it!"

Ref: "Yes you can! As long as it's open. He pushed it right to him. I was right here."

You don't hear the exchanges with the refs so clearly very often on the replays.

RangersFan

Oh damn son, I was at The Jefferson right behind you. I loved that spot. Moved to Santa Monica afterwards for a couple years and it was a mistake. It was nice being closer to "LA proper," but it still didn't beat the Marina to me.

The Jefferson was still be constructed when I lived there. It was an open pit. I actually lived in the Mirabella apartments further down hidden behind Marian Pointe apartments and the Towers. Visted my old stomping grounds a few years ago and was shocked to see the Jefferson up and running.

Quick

Banned
This net cam angle of the Stepan play is pretty cool because you can actually hear the ref behind the net explaining to the Kings players in the crease that Stepan is allowed to push the puck with the open hand. Really clear audio of it.

One of the Kings says "he can't push it!"

Ref: "Yes you can! As long as it's open. He pushed it right to him. I was right here."

You don't hear the exchanges with the refs so clearly very often on the replays.

I love those candid moments. Especially this one:

ref-you-cant-do-that.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just bought a Wii U.

What have I done?

Calamari41

41 > 38
I just bought a Wii U.

What have I done?

Yeah I don't know what you've done, but what you're about to do is go buy NSMBU, Luigi U, Monster Hunter 3U, Lego City, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and of course Mario Kart.

That should get you started.

Oh and I guess ZombiU is ten bucks at Best Buy? You're about to go buy that, too.

RC

Banned
It's our last hope.

The flying V will bring down the Queens.

Movies will be made about this.

Okay Smelly, I get it, you weren't a hockey fan in 94 or when Messier and Kennen were a part of this team, but this cheering on the Rags has got to stop. I know you don't want to admit it, but the Kings are the lesser evil here. Sure they're still evil, but it's an evil I can stomach.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Okay Smelly, I get it, you weren't a hockey fan in 94 or when Messier and Kennen were a part of this team, but this cheering on the Rags has got to stop. I know you don't want to admit it, but the Kings are the lesser evil here. Sure they're still evil, but it's an evil I can stomach.

I wasn't a hockey fan in 94 indeed, so the Kings are by far the bigger evil for me. Sorry.

I just bought a Wii U.

What have I done?

If you like Nintendo style games you really can't go wrong. I play it way more than I play the PS4 just because Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong, Pikmin are all hella fun.

Unfortunately severe lack of third party support.

Smash though... Zelda.

You made a wise decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom