• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was walking to play tennis and was dripping wet before even getting there. It wasn't even that hot, just 80 degrees, but God damn. I didn't know if I should call the police or get in contact with the California embassy or what.

It's the reason everybody wants to live where we live. I would turn down a Thailand trip for sure.

Had some job interviews in Dallas after I graduated. Stayed there for a week after being offered a job. The weather went from 68F with 30% humidity to 100F/100% and I said F this and stayed in Santa Barbara.

Had some job interviews in Dallas after I graduated. Stayed there for a week after being offered a job. The weather went from 68F with 30% humidity to 100F/100% and I said F this and stayed in Santa Barbara.

It's hard to top Santa Barbara's weather

Everytime I travel through areas with humidity...

200.gif

EdmondD

I look forward to tonight's game. I think Kings will win, they want to win the Cup in front of the home crowd. Last game was entertaining. I knew the Rangers were too good to be swept. I don't like seeing teams get swept, I enjoy watching a long hard fought series.

Lundqvist was amazing and stole that game. It was a nice moment towards the last seconds of the game as Kings were putting on pressure and Rangers held them off and the crowd just exploded. Rangers will come out with lots of desperation and Lundqvist will stand on his head again. Should be a great game.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I look forward to tonight's game. I think Kings will win, they want to win the Cup in front of the home crowd. Last game was entertaining. I knew the Rangers were too good to be swept. I don't like seeing teams get swept, I enjoy watching a long hard fought series.

Lundqvist was amazing and stole that game. It was a nice moment towards the last seconds of the game as Kings were putting on pressure and Rangers held them off and the crowd just exploded. Rangers will come out with lots of desperation and Lundqvist will stand on his head again. Should be a great game.

I find the comments from the teams really telling. The Rangers aren't happy with how they played in Game 4 (Zucc called their performance "shit hockey" in the Norwegian press, for example) but seem really loose. They seem a lot like they did in the middle of the comeback against Pittsburgh, actually. On the flip side, you've got guys like Doughty declaring tonight a "must win" for a team up 3-1 and talking about how good the Rangers are in Game 7's. Pretty clear which team is feeling the pressure tonight. Normally I'd be really thrilled by what I'm hearing, but the Kings are exceptional under pressure. I'm expecting this game to be a lot like the previous games in LA, though I think the Kings will play a little better than those games overall.

Of the 4 games the Rangers would need to win in a row in order to win the Cup, I think this one is probably the hardest to pull off. The crowd wants the Cup right away, and the Kings desperately want no part of a Game 6 at MSG (nobody's been talking about this because all the focus has been on Game 7's, but take a look at the two Game 6's we've played at MSG in these playoffs against Pittsburgh and Montreal). You had to figure a proud team like the Rangers would be able to avoid a sweep, MSG would be bonkers for a Game 6, and absolutely anything can happen in a Game 7, which leaves this game as the true test. It sounds like Doughty feels the same way.

Nah it's over tonight, guys. Kings will hoist the Stanley Cup. If there's a riot you'll know who the Laker fans/bandwagoners are and not the true a Kings fan.

If the Rangers somehow win this game I will personally punish myself with carne asada fries. With guacamole...
If the Kings win,no guacamole

Robot Pants

If anyone has a non-FLASH version of the stream of this game so I can play it on my TV from my PS3/ps4, a link would be SO helpful.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the Rangers are back to playing normal lines after Game 4's shenanigans.

Starting lineup is Kreider-Stepan-Nash, back together again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Have I mentioned how gross I find it that their tribute to the troops thing at the beginning is sponsored by a weapons manufacturer? Just, blech.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've been pretty impressed with Muzzin these playoffs, although I don't know how much of his performance is owed to playing with Doughty.

Stasis

I'm pretty convinced the majority of this crowd has no idea what's going on half the time, lol.

Also, I hate to be a pessimist, but I really don't see us winning this. I've been wrong many times this season though, so maybe we'll get lucky and I'll be wrong again!

I've basically accepted defeat, any win is kind of a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom