• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

bremon

Way more interested in this series than the past couple of years. Hopefully more bad blood to come between Thornton and Malkin.

Alucard

Banned
Way more interested in this series than the past couple of years. Hopefully more bad blood to come between Thornton and Malkin.

Marleau is now this series' villain, while Thornton is his angry sidekick.

This is gonna be a hell of a series.

Pens in 5.

Alucard

Banned
On the Marleau hit:
http://www.thescore.com/news/1036087

"Department of player safety says Rust's shoulders and chest were the main point of contact on Marleau hit and that Rust was off-balance."

-------------------
Marleau said after Game 1 that he didn't expect to be hearing from the league, saying he kept his elbow down on the play, which the video corroborates.

"I just kind of let him skate into me," Marleau said, according to Pro Hockey Talk's Jason Brough.

On the Marleau hit:

"Department of player safety says Rust's shoulders and chest were the main point of contact on Marleau hit and that Rust was off-balance."

-------------------
Marleau said after Game 1 that he didn't expect to be hearing from the league, saying he kept his elbow down on the play, which the video corroborates.

"I just kind of let him skate into me," Marleau said, according to Pro Hockey Talk's Jason Brough.

:lol Is no elbow really the only thing that matters with headshots now? Rust didn't really look off balanced, so not sure what that means. Point of contact doesn't make sense either, it looks like he contacts head first and then his back shoulder, doesn't seem like he actually gets any of Rust's chest.

CnffJs2.png

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's almost as if this was your guys' first final, save the outrage for something less expected

And yes elbows do matter

Anything looks tamr compared to Weber's unpunished WWE move

It's almost as if this was your guys' first final, save the outrage for something less expected

That's what you call outrage? Ok child.

Edit: :lol 2 stealth edits. I can't even edit to respond.

I'm not saying elbows don't matter, I'm more surprised that people are saying it's a non issue if you hit a head because he wasn't elbowed. Pretty sure it used to be any contact so I was more surprised by all the media pointing out no elbow like it's the sole distinction for a clean/dirty hit.

Edit 2: Am I drunk or didn't someone link to an article Dupuis wrote and the article another player wrote? Dupuis article is depressing. :( Cullen one was cute.

Futureman

Pens will punish the Sharks in Game 2 for this transgression. You've been warned San Jose. We were going to let you win one game so we could clinch the Cup at home but we are now reconsidering this tactic.

Error1355

I got a ticket for tomorrow's game. It's a shitty seat but man I would have regretted it my entire life if I missed going to a finals game when I was able to if we never made it back for awhile.

I got a ticket for tomorrow's game. It's a shitty seat but man I would have regretted it my entire life if I missed going to a finals game when I was able to if we never made it back for awhile.

There are no bad seats in a Hockey Arena unless you're at Barclays.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was going to do a bit where I became a Penguins fan after last night, but there is no material out there for stupid Penguin avatars. Sharks have the dumb graphics market cornered.

Pittsburgh Penguins: shit team, shit fans, shit city.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to do a bit where I became a Penguins fan after last night, but there is no material out there for stupid Penguin avatars. Sharks have the dumb graphics market cornered.

Pittsburgh Penguins: shit team, shit fans, shit city.

Are you telling me you're not actually a Sharks lifelong?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I dont know what youre talking about.

I once sat behind a steel tube duct work in the old Civic/Mellon Arena for a playoff game.

But there really isn't a bad seat in Consol, it's a great arena.

Max Talbot was at the game last night.

He was on the Mark Madden radio show before the game. Such a great guy, even though he moved on after the cup you can tell he loves this city and team still.

I once sat behind a steel tube duct work in the old Civic/Mellon Arena for a playoff game.

But there really isn't a bad seat in Consol, it's a great arena.

He was on the Mark Madden radio show before the game. Such a great guy, even though he moved on after the cup you can tell he loves this city and team still.
He played for us for quite a while, definitely more than any other so it makes sense.

Socreges

Banned
On the Marleau hit:

-------------------

That Marleau quote...

Alucard

Banned
The Pens are 3-0 when I make this my game time snack:

QZfGrBZ.jpg

Not sure I want to do it tonight, guys. Still feeling the last after effects of these from Monday. I'm conflicted.

QZfGrBZ.jpg

Not sure I want to do it tonight, guys. Still feeling the last after effects of these from Monday. I'm conflicted.

You better, I've been sick for the last day and a half and I'm still sucking it up and drinking. This is bigger than you Alucard

QZfGrBZ.jpg

You will do it and you will like it. It's for the greater good...your body is a sacrifice for us all.

bremon

There are no bad seats in a Hockey Arena unless you're at Barclays.
my first NHL game I couldn't see center ice because of the scoreboard. If you're far enough into the nosebleeds there are more than a few bad seats.

Clearly you need to repeat the snack menu then. In fact, double your intake for double the pens goals. Potato chip OD could be key to that "Sidney Crosby Big Game" you've predicted. Crosby needs you Alucard.

my first NHL game I couldn't see center ice because of the scoreboard. If you're far enough into the nosebleeds there are more than a few bad seats.

Clearly you need to repeat the snack menu then. In fact, double your intake for double the pens goals. Potato chip OD could be key to that "Sidney Crosby Big Game" you've predicted. Crosby needs you Alucard.

Truth, why do you hate Sidney Crosby Alucard? What did he do to you?

bremon

which arena? Most really are good now. Consol doesnt have a single bad seat
I live in Edmonton so Rexall Place was my first NHL game. Rogers Place looks to be a step up in that regard but I've only briefly been inside a couple times. Most of my time on site has been on the roof instead.

PillarEN

The thought of Marleau being suspended for that hit was silly anyway.

Can't really root for the Pens so, c'mon Sharks.

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Game 2 on NBCSN.

Why does the NHL just keep the finals on one network? Surely they'll be able to optimize any potential maximum audience by sticking with NBC for all seven games.

Futureman

Game 2 on NBCSN.

Why does the NHL just keep the finals on one network? Surely they'll be able to optimize any potential maximum audience by sticking with NBC for all seven games.

I don't think NBC wants the NHL for all these games to be honest. Like Game 3 is on Saturday night... pretty sure reruns of Must See TV from the 90s would get more viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom