• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL14 EASHL (XBOX 360) - GAF Most Valuable Primates |OT| Chimpin' Aint Easy

Yeah! Let's do this!

EDIT: Oh, wait...I don't think I play with you gals anymore.

thanks for the drive-by insult, it really enhanced the discussion in here

why don't you tell all of your madden buddies to drop-by like last year and try to rattle our cages with tough talk only to hide from us and decline all challenges when the game is released again...

Milly79

why don't you tell all of your madden buddies to drop-by like last year and try to rattle our cages with tough talk only to hide from us and decline all challenges when the game is released again...

Damn dude. Chill out!!!

Delryk

Marvie is that you???? ;)

Sanjuro

...now I remember why I don't play with you again. Hostility without merit.

Sanjuro

Nah you don't play because we got rid of you after only a game or two in NHL12 for acting like an asshole to people on the mic and also being awful at the game

That's quite the revisionist history...well at least on the first part. Explain how I was an asshole to anybody?

That's quite the revisionist history...well at least on the first part. Explain how I was an asshole to anybody?

I honestly can't remember the details as I've played probably 2000 games of EASHL since you were last played a game with the club. I just know that you made quite an impression on a few people 2 years in a row from what I remember.

I mean c'mon dude, it's a little late to play dumb or the victim when you came in here trolling the thread for no reason. That speaks volumes for your character without me or anyone else needing to explain past events.

Sanjuro

I honestly can't remember the details as I've played probably 2000 games of EASHL since you were last played a game with the club. I just know that you made quite an impression on a few people 2 years in a row from what I remember.

I mean c'mon dude, it's a little late to play dumb or the victim when you came in here trolling the thread for no reason. That speaks volumes for your character without me or anyone else needing to explain past events.

Most people probably know me better than yourself on this forum, so those volumes may come a bit short in your mind. Even more, you make bold statements...yet not remembering anything.

I was told to post in the NHL thread and this was the one I found on accident. I didn't mean to make you upset somehow.

zsswimmer

19753597_a8ae344812.jpg

eznark

Banned

Another year where you clown moose fuckers talk all tough and Ovechkin out when push comes to shove. I look forward to a month of banal bullshit before you disappear into the Canadian mist once the game is released.

Bag milk is for bitches.

Milly79

Another year where you clown moose fuckers talk all tough and Ovechkin out when push comes to shove. I look forward to a month of banal bullshit before you disappear into the Canadian mist once the game is released.

Bag milk is for bitches.

Lolololololololololololol

Been playing around in free skate and figured some more cool stuff out that's not in that video

1- you can do the spinorama now by just double tapping LT. Whats really cool is that when you double tap it seems to recognize where you are on the ice rather than the direction you are skating and always gives you the correct spinorama (regular or savardian)

2- there are 2 sets of quick dekes. One set is done by holding LB then flicking LS in simple directions. The new toe drag is done this way. The other set is done by holding LB and flicking the RS in simple directions. These give slightly different and more exaggerated versions of the LS quick dekes

3- the chop is super useful now. Our defensemen especially should play around with this in free skate and in some games against the A.I. and try to learn how to get the timing down and control the direction.

Stat!

Been playing around in free skate and figured some more cool stuff out that's not in that video

1- you can do the spinorama now by just double tapping LT. Whats really cool is that when you double tap it seems to recognize where you are on the ice rather than the direction you are skating and always gives you the correct spinorama (regular or savardian)

2- there are 2 sets of quick dekes. One set is done by holding LB then flicking LS in simple directions. The new toe drag is done this way. The other set is done by holding LB and flicking the RS in simple directions. These give slightly different and more exaggerated versions of the LS quick dekes

3- the chop is super useful now. Our defensemen especially should play around with this in free skate and in some games against the A.I. and try to learn how to get the timing down and control the direction.

I posted this on the other page about the toe drag. The LB deke with the left stick down on the toe drag leads to a great wrist shot. I've scored a few shootout goals by pressing down on the left and doing the toe drag and then going top corner. Also, a few defenders have been turned inside out as you toe drag as they skate right past you. It can be a great move.

You only need to tap LT once for a spin as well.

zsswimmer

Yeah I like the changes to the puck chop, hopefully this means no more accidental chops. Im getting my ass kicked in fighting though :(

Delryk

Thanks bro, I guess I can safely return to my throne as the team leader in points and goals

Yah i was playing around with the chop last night. A lot better than last year!!

Thanks bro, I guess I can safely return to my throne as the team leader in points and goals

if they don't tune down slapshot power the Swim Cannon will be lethal.

From the way the demo plays they might as well just rename the EASHL to the "Wild West" as every game is probably gonna be a shootout with the changes to defense and goalies.

I know I'm dumping a lot more attribute points into my slapshot power and accuracy this year on my defenseman build and will be bombing away.

Delryk

Played a few games last night and during my last game i got checked so hard that i did some sort of spin o rama on my ass and got back up with a warping effect and still had the puck on my stick!.. almost pissed my pants... thought about recording it after i quit the game. Dumbass.

zsswimmer

Just noticed this too, finally some sense in OTP

Improved Online Team Play (OTP) Flow

New for NHL 14, the Online Team Play user flow has been streamlined and merged with the position select screen. Once matched up into a drop-in game session, users will see that they have been taken into a Side Select screen that now also shows positions that can be chosen.

This is different from NHL 13’s two-step process (first select side, then a ‘race’ to select position). The goal of this improved flow is to minimize users quitting out from the OTP flow because they were unable to select the position that they wanted.

Stat!

If anyone wants to play '13 EASHL, I'm down. Got nothing else to dooooo.

I'd jump on but my disc broke :( And after playing NHL 14 demo, how could you want to go back to that hitting? Or that pivoting? Or the lack of autofights that pit Toews against McQuaid?

Milly79

Yeah it would suck, but I literally have no games to really play until '14. :p

Vis, you're the king of games. Any good arcade?

Stat!

If you own NHL 3 on 3, or Madden Arcade, I'll play someone in that. Or if people want to play
naked
UNO or Rockstar Presents Table Tennis ...or the 1989 TMNT Classic version.

If anyone owns Max Payne...Man, I have these arcade games that I just barely played and I cant believe I bought like Bomberman, Snoopy Flying Ace, or Marvel vs Capcom 2. I know how you feel. I'm waiting for NHL 14 and all I play is the NHL 14 demo/Madden demo or the Spy Party beta.

Ps. Anyone see Brent Burns rating in NHL 14? He's an 89 overall, and the 33rd best player according to the rankings.

there's tons of great arcade games, and too many to recommend, it just depends on what kind of game you want to try/play

speaking of arcade games, the kickstarter game (Takedown: Red Sabre) that I dumped a shit ton of money into is coming out on XBLA on 09/20 for $15. Its a tactical military FPS that is kind of the "spiritual successor" to the old Rainbow Six games. I've played a Early Release Alpha of it already and it's pretty awesome for a small budget game that only had about a year of development. You can play several different co-op modes with 6 people and it also has 6v6 adversarial modes as well.

Check out the videos below and if any of you on the club are interested ill throw a free copy your way when it drops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNal3utqE1Y
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/19/takedown-red-sabre-developer-commentary

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Scored 4 goals in a row in practice by doing the LT spin o rama at the top of the right circle just before I get to the goalie.

Top Bottom