• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL14 EASHL (XBOX 360) - GAF Most Valuable Primates |OT| Chimpin' Aint Easy

Stat!

So if theres like 2-3 peeps getting it early, i will too. Whos in so far? Just Milly?? Anyone know iF Legit will?

$20 for 3 day access? I'm passing. But come the 10th (or the 11th or 12th depending on when the game is delivered), I'm in.

I actually didn't even think Vis responded at first because I was so tired. Fighting the good fight, I see. :)

hey Starscream, why you always being critical of your evil leader, bro. My posts are always disappointing you and shit...

Yeah at launch. Uhh, I don't even remember what's coming out on launch. Probably shit like Watchdogs, COD, Destiny, NBA, KZ, dunno haha.

Oh and I'm part of some NHL 94 EB tournament. So I'm going to try and win it for dat GAF.

if you win that tourney don't forget to knock over a magazine rack or two... Do you know if its NHL94 or NHL14's shitty anniversary mode you will be playing?

So if theres like 2-3 peeps getting it early, i will too. Whos in so far? Just Milly?? Anyone know iF Legit will?

I'm def not getting it, I work 12 hr shifts all weekend long and wont be able to play.

I don't know about Legit I had to block all his communications on Xbox Live because he kept spamming me with voice messages asking me to PM him pictures of me in the shower.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
tumblr_mh5sc1720P1s4pwlro1_500.gif

I'm gone all weekend, no early pass for me. Ill see you ladies on Tuesday.

zsswimmer

Legit said no. Guess is just me. Taking this club places, later bitches.

Well I bought the pass on that chimpgaf account and then realized that it probably only will work on the account you bought it on. So I guess I'll be on lol. Do you know what time it releases tomorrow?

Milly79

Well I bought the pass on that chimpgaf account and then realized that it probably only will work on the account you bought it on. So I guess I'll be on lol. Do you know what time it releases tomorrow?

1pm est. Trying to find a way to get it in an hr like the euros, lol.

Stat!

Some impressions from the early players that need to be patched: no instigator penalty and the auto fights still exist. For example, Viz hits someone cleanly but hard, another player on the other team can instigate a fight and start a fight. Viz has no say in the matter. On the bright side, hitting has been toned down a bit.

Something to watch out for especially with like 30 seconds left.

Delryk

I think thats fair. Cept for the instigator call. If you flatten someone, you should expect someone to fight you --- sorta like that with most nhl teams for real .

Stat!

I think thats fair. Cept for the instigator call. If you flatten someone, you should expect someone to fight you --- sorta like that with most nhl teams for real .

I agree about the instigator/unsportsmanlike call needing to be in there but I disagree on the rest. You'll see three fights a game (especially in the last 2 minutes) off of perfectly clean checks. As often as you see people fight because of a clean hit, how often does a clean hit result in a fight? Rarely but now it seems that any hit will start a fight. Its fine that its in the game but both sides should choose to initiate a fight. Not just one player. To me, it doesn't seem as much fun if you hit a guy three times, and are fought three times. It puts us at a disadvantage anyways since we're usually the better team and losing a guy in the box hurts. I agree that it's cool but in needs to moderated.

To me, they need to reduce the chance it happens, and either allow both players to initiate the fight, or introduce the instigator if you initiate the fight off a hit that doesn't result in a penalty.

I don't know. I just found it frustrating when Toews/Keith are forced to fight Campbell/McQuaid taking them out of the game.

Delryk

I agree about the instigator/unsportsmanlike call needing to be in there but I disagree on the rest. You'll see three fights a game (especially in the last 2 minutes) off of perfectly clean checks. As often as you see people fight because of a clean hit, how often does a clean hit result in a fight? Rarely but now it seems that any hit will start a fight. Its fine that its in the game but both sides should choose to initiate a fight. Not just one player. To me, it doesn't seem as much fun if you hit a guy three times, and are fought three times. It puts us at a disadvantage anyways since we're usually the better team and losing a guy in the box hurts. I agree that it's cool but in needs to moderated.

To me, they need to reduce the chance it happens, and either allow both players to initiate the fight, or introduce the instigator if you initiate the fight off a hit that doesn't result in a penalty.

I don't know. I just found it frustrating when Toews/Keith are forced to fight Campbell/McQuaid taking them out of the game.

The demo seemed to emphasized the fighting just to show it off.. but EASHL, they should just reduce the % of the other team being able to press Y for a fight. The second you're going for a big hit (even if it's clean) it's a bit of your problem to agitate too much... Obvisouly EA didn't test this online and will tuner it down within a week or two. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Red_Man

When is the pass available? I might bail on my plans tonight, way too hungover

Red_Man

Where do I download this thing? My past last year is still in effect for today, so maybe I'll just play today.

I see Delryk said he will be on. Swim, Milly, Schuey you guys gonna be around tonight for club games? If so ill get the early release...

Stat!

I see Delryk said he will be on. Swim, Milly, Schuey you guys gonna be around tonight for club games? If so ill get the early release...

Get it again.. itll work on X1..

If anyone wants to buy me a pass, feel free. *whistles*

Based on other people getting their card charged from Future Shop today on NHL 14 (and I'm not), I have a terrible feeling I won't get NHL 14 till a few days after launch. Lame :(

Delryk

If anyone wants to buy me a pass, feel free. *whistles*

Based on other people getting their card charged from Future Shop today on NHL 14 (and I'm not), I have a terrible feeling I won't get NHL 14 till a few days after launch. Lame :(

Worried it'll be soldout? Theres always a ton of copies at my FS after a workday and i leave in a small town..

Stat!

Worried it'll be soldout? Theres always a ton of copies at my FS after a workday and i leave in a small town..

I'm not worried it'll be sold out; I just have it ordered from FS and afraid it won't be delivered on the 10th. And since I don't want to go through the process of returning or cancelling order (if I were to pick up another copy), if I get it a few days late, so be it.

Last year, I didn't get NHL 13 delivered (from EBGames IIRC) for like a week because of shipping problems from Purolator.

Delryk

I'm not worried it'll be sold out; I just have it ordered from FS and afraid it won't be delivered on the 10th. And since I don't want to go through the process of returning or cancelling order (if I were to pick up another copy), if I get it a few days late, so be it.

Last year, I didn't get NHL 13 delivered (from EBGames IIRC) for like a week because of shipping problems from Purolator.

Wow that freaking sucks ass.. why preorder it then?

Stat!

Wow that freaking sucks ass.. why preorder it then?

Exactly. Wasn't my first Purolator issue. I had a massive one where it took two weeks to deliver.

I hope it goes through Canada Post. They'll just drop the thing in my mail slot (usually). Kinda disheartening to see other people have games have shipped and might hasn't.

Hopefully, you guys get off to a strong start and you guys can post your impressions on the division system makes sense for how it works.

Top Bottom