• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL14 EASHL (XBOX 360) - GAF Most Valuable Primates |OT| Chimpin' Aint Easy

Delryk

Im not huge on FPS.. bit Rogue Spear is definitely the best there was :)

Yet i cant wait for Titanfall.. lol preordered for 30 bucks!

Revenant

:lol :lol :lol at the cards

The club also got contributions from 3 other veteran players. zsswimmer returned with his smashmouth approach to playing defensemen while also showing off some new stickhandling and goal scoring skill. Swim also shocked everyone with his miraculous recovery from being a mute and actually used his mic and spoke with club members this year. Revenant usually showed up out of nowhere and chipped in with his intimidating forecheck and potted a few of his infamously fluky "Rev Goals" along with some clean snipes here and there. When Rev wasn't busy drinking from his harmless "waterbottle" he was busy distracting everyone with conversations about random topics. RS4- also played for a short time and provided a solid option at defenseman.

I'm what they call a "good locker room guy"

preordering my copy this weekend.

RS4-

Holy Christ those cards and writeups lol.

Sorry guys, pretty sure I'm out of it this year since I'll be getting rid of my 360 and FUCK live.

Unless, somehow, for whatever reason, I do keep my 360, I'll pick it up in a few months.

ps4 all day. I miss you all.

Holy Christ those cards and writeups lol.

Sorry guys, pretty sure I'm out of it this year since I'll be getting rid of my 360 and FUCK live.

Unless, somehow, for whatever reason, I do keep my 360, I'll pick it up in a few months.

ps4 all day. I miss you all.

all good man, if you get the urge you are always welcome back

Are you getting a PS4 at launch? If so, what games are you picking up? I'm gonna need some buddies on PSN since all the broke-ass chimps that post in here are getting Xbone or sticking with 360

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
GAF hate of the X1 is still strong. Bottom line is that X1 will have a better online infrastructure. And if you want to play multi you have to pay on PS4 as well. The benefits that X1 has outweighs the graphical advantage the PS4 has for me (which won't matter most likely for a few years anyways and probably most on first party titles). Also if you are a graphics whore, play on PC.

I'm done debating X1 vs PS4, Schuey. You are entitled to your opinion which I do not share.

relating to NHL14, my Season Ticket ran out and I'm not giving EA another $20 to play early this year since I won't be able to play this weekend anyway due to my work schedule.

If anyone has Season Ticket and is planning on playing early, you can go ahead and setup the club if you want

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm done debating X1 vs PS4, Schuey. You are entitled to your opinion which I do not share.

relating to NHL14, my Season Ticket ran out and I'm not giving EA another $20 to play early this year since I won't be able to play this weekend anyway due to my work schedule.

If anyway has Season Ticket and is planning on playing early, you can go ahead and setup the club if you want

My old man wisdom is greater than yours. Especially since you cheer for the Flyers ;)

Also I'm not doing the season ticket. Too expensive and not worth it especially if you don't invest a lot of time into HUT.

Milly79

Will probably end up getting the season ticket when NHL comes out as I have no other games to play when I'm not working. Is anyone else getting it? And does the club carry over? I can't remember. It's been awhile since I've had season ticket.

Will probably end up getting the season ticket when NHL comes out as I have no other games to play when I'm not working. Is anyone else getting it? And does the club carry over? I can't remember. It's been awhile since I've had season ticket.

you gotta make a new club they don't carry over
if you are going to make it just make sure you get the name right

Delryk

My old man wisdom is greater than yours. Especially since you cheer for the Flyers ;)

Also I'm not doing the season ticket. Too expensive and not worth it especially if you don't invest a lot of time into HUT.

Dont bother. He'll find out by himself how shit PSN is. The second i get my X1, my PS3 is getting sold for a bag of doritos and a dew. :)

As for the season pass... when would nhl14 be available with it? If its the ful weekend before, i may get it...

zsswimmer

you ever get your Live account fixed?

Ill find out tomorrow if what they told me was true, support said they have like a 20 day risk assessment before your account is unlocked.

If it does unlock I'll probably get the season pass too, I dont have anything else to play either

Ill find out tomorrow if what they told me was true, support said they have like a 20 day risk assessment before your account is unlocked.

If it does unlock I'll probably get the season pass too, I dont have anything else to play either

Risk Assessment? wtf did you do? lol

zsswimmer

Risk Assessment? wtf did you do? lol
qCca7by.gif

But for real I tried to buy a cheap 1200MSP card from the microsoft store that someone on GAF had posted a link to(and im sure people took advantage of this and bought like 500 of em). I never got the code and my account got locked after paypal refunded the charges and I've been blocked from any transactions/redeeming codes/buying gold ever since. Pretty dumb all around cause they even mentioned they couldnt find anything wrong with my account but still had to go through with the assessment...

qCca7by.gif

But for real I tried to buy a cheap 1200MSP card from the microsoft store that someone on GAF had posted a link to(and im sure people took advantage of this and bought like 500 of em). I never got the code and my account got locked after paypal refunded the charges and I've been blocked from any transactions/redeeming codes/buying gold ever since. Pretty dumb all around cause they even mentioned they couldnt find anything wrong with my account but still had to go through with the assessment...

and this is the company that some of you people will keep looking the other way and defending...

zsswimmer

Man I thought it was pretty funny that I couldnt give them money if I wanted to. Yesterday I was like "fuck it" I want gold now so I'll spend 9.99.... nope "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later."

edit: against my better judgement I also added a new card on there hoping I could pay with that. I couldn't and I can't remove it now :(

Man I thought it was pretty funny that I couldnt give them money if I wanted to. Yesterday I was like "fuck it" I want gold now so I'll spend 9.99.... nope "This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later."

edit: against my better judgement I also added a new card on there hoping I could pay with that. I couldn't and I can't remove it now :(

yea they get pretty nasty over credit cards. I had a tough time getting mine removed when I demanded they remove it when the whole FIFA FUT hacking stuff went down awhile back so some assclown wouldn't clean my bank account out.

I've been buying points cards from amazon for everything ever since and dealing with their threatening messages that I don't keep a valid card on file.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one because of Sony. Nobody is perfect. Still annoying that they can't fast track certain account things through.

Stat!

EA posted a new blog on their Online Modes improvements.

Maybe Vis can clarify on how divisions work but basically, can we not win the Division 1 Elite Cup until November since you can only move up one division per week?

I think based on last year, Elite Cup Division 1 is a fairly easy obtainable goal especially since it now sounds like all playoffs are not only weekly, but double elimination.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's not a new blog - just an old post someone bumped on OS :\

EA posted a new blog on their Online Modes improvements.

Maybe Vis can clarify on how divisions work but basically, can we not win the Division 1 Elite Cup until November since you can only move up one division per week?

I think based on last year, Elite Cup Division 1 is a fairly easy obtainable goal especially since it now sounds like all playoffs are not only weekly, but double elimination.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's not a new blog - just an old post someone bumped on OS :\

See the screenshot below for a visual representation of how "Divisions" in FIFA worked. Each division was based on how many points you got for wins/draws in a set amount of games (10?). win = 3 points, draw = 1 point)

1- if after 10 games you didn't get 10 or more points you get relegated to a lower division unless you are at the bottom (Division 1)
2- if after 10 games you finish with 11-15 pts, you stay in the same division and it starts over with a fresh 10 game slate
3- if you hit 16 points you immediately get promoted to the next division and get your next 10 game slate

so it was not dependent on "weeks", rather how active your club was
the promotion goals get higher as you move up until eventually you pretty much need to win almost all of your 10 games to proceed

01-FIFA12-online-blog-IT.JPG

Stat!

See the screenshot below for a visual representation of how "Divisions" in FIFA worked. Each division was based on how many points you got for wins/draws in a set amount of games (10?). win = 3 points, draw = 1 point)

1- if after 10 games you didn't get 10 or more points you get relegated to a lower division unless you are at the bottom (Division 1)
2- if after 10 games you finish with 11-15 pts, you stay in the same division and it starts over with a fresh 10 game slate
3- if you hit 16 points you immediately get promoted to the next division and get your next 10 game slate

so it was not dependent on "weeks", rather how active your club was
the promotion goals get higher as you move up until eventually you pretty much need to win almost all of your 10 games to proceed

Thanks Vis. Makes a lot more sense.

And based on how its worded in the blog, with the addition of playoffs, how do you think it will work? Because if its a 10 game stretch, I mean, we probably get close to the division 1 within a month then. From the sounds of it, its basically sounds like play 10 games. If you qualify for the playoffs, then you get your 4 (or less) playoff games there and then. If you win, promoted. If you lose, you have to win the 10 games again. Essentially you can win 10+ playoffs depending on how many games you play and how frequently you play as you could even hit a couple playoffs per night if you play for a few hours? Am I reading it wrong?

EDIT: Rereading the blog, it can also mean - play as many seasons as you can - and at the end of the week, you'll be put into the playoffs of the division you currently are on (i.e. within one week, if we were to play 100 games, we could in theory, play for the division 1 cup during the first weekend. If you reach division 1, is there incentive to play the rest of the week to maintain your level and then simply play for the Elite Cup for Division 1?

Thanks Vis. Makes a lot more sense.

And based on how its worded in the blog, with the addition of playoffs, how do you think it will work? Because if its a 10 game stretch, I mean, we probably get close to the division 1 within a month then. From the sounds of it, its basically sounds like play 10 games. If you qualify for the playoffs, then you get your 4 (or less) playoff games there and then. If you win, promoted. If you lose, you have to win the 10 games again. Essentially you can win 10+ playoffs depending on how many games you play and how frequently you play as you could even hit a couple playoffs per night if you play for a few hours? Am I reading it wrong?

the way I read it, it sounds like the "division" 10 game stretch runs alongside the playoff "clock" and whatever division you are in whenever the "weekly playoff window" starts (on the weekend maybe) then you get dumped into that Playoff Cup grouping with all the other teams "on your level" which makes for a more appropriate challenge in the playoffs since the pool of eligible clubs will be divided by 4 for the "Cups" rather than be just 1 pool of clubs

The fact that they show "locks" on the Playoff Cups may mean that you will to win that grouping of divisions playoff cup to proceed to the next group of divisions. Like you assumption club's might also have their progress frozen when you move up a division until the end of the week/playoffs if EA wants to drag this out.

WorldTable.jpg

zsswimmer

So I called today, and I was assuming when I called last time (around the 12th) that they would start my account investigation then, but they actually didn't even start it until the 26th.. so I was told today that they estimated it would be around September 14th for my account to be potentially unlocked. So fucking dumb, jumping through all these hoops when there is literally nothing wrong with my account , I guess I'll make a new account for now cause I'm bored as hell and want to play some NHL

So I called today, and I was assuming when I called last time (around the 12th) that they would start my account investigation then, but they actually didn't even start it until the 26th.. so I was told today that they estimated it would be around September 14th for my account to be potentially unlocked. So fucking dumb, jumping through all these hoops when there is literally nothing wrong with my account , I guess I'll make a new account for now cause I'm bored as hell and want to play some NHL

cool story bro

we wait in anticipation for the reveal of your new gamertag name

Delryk

Its dumb but its totally normal... all status changes are the profile takes 30days. Changing gamertag to a different email address that already has a randomly generated gamertag needs to be done in 2 steps: removing gamertag; wait 30 days. Transfer gamertag; wait 30 daya before doing any other changes.

Seems simple but everything is secured, logged and the wait time is also to get hackers away. If hackers cant do it in a single step/day, they usually keep away.

This has nothing to do with the console wars but only for example, Sony doesnt let you change shit. Once you sign up, better be happy with what you choose. And CSR will tell you to redo an account and start over. Especially after the hacks involved. I couldnt remember my password and my 2nd email address didnt exist anymore. Luckily i was able to recreate my old email account else i was shit out of luck.

Its dumb but its totally normal... all status changes are the profile takes 30days. Changing gamertag to a different email address that already has a randomly generated gamertag needs to be done in 2 steps: removing gamertag; wait 30 days. Transfer gamertag; wait 30 daya before doing any other changes.

Seems simple but everything is secured, logged and the wait time is also to get hackers away. If hackers cant do it in a single step/day, they usually keep away.

This has nothing to do with the console wars but only for example, Sony doesnt let you change shit. Once you sign up, better be happy with what you choose. And CSR will tell you to redo an account and start over. Especially after the hacks involved. I couldnt remember my password and my 2nd email address didnt exist anymore. Luckily i was able to recreate my old email account else i was shit out of luck.

listen Major Nelson no one asked for a PR spin on some xbot legal mumbo jumbo. This is MURICA and my dude swim is innocent until proven guilty. I'm boycotting Xbox 180 and going on a hunger strike until the zsswimmer gamertag is freed

And furthermore bro, don't be hating because you had to pay 800 M$ spacebux to remove the "QC" before your gamertag years ago or that you didn't think of a gamertag name as awesome as "chimpgaf" in the first place

SONY DEFENSE FORCE OUT :)

zsswimmer

SHITS DRIVING ME BANANAS

zsswimmer

listen Major Nelson no one asked for a PR spin on some xbot legal mumbo jumbo. This is MURICA and my dude swim is innocent until proven guilty. I'm boycotting Xbox 180 and going on a hunger strike until the zsswimmer gamertag is freed

And furthermore bro, don't be hating because you had to pay 800 M$ spacebux to remove the "QC" before your gamertag years ago or that you didn't think of a gamertag name as awesome as "chimpgaf" in the first place

viz making me proud to be an american :')

eagle_flag_copy_nrrm1.jpg

Thats right, theres TWO eagles on that flag

Delryk

Lol. SONYISM AT HIS BEST. Lol

RS4-

all good man, if you get the urge you are always welcome back

Are you getting a PS4 at launch? If so, what games are you picking up? I'm gonna need some buddies on PSN since all the broke-ass chimps that post in here are getting Xbone or sticking with 360

Yeah at launch. Uhh, I don't even remember what's coming out on launch. Probably shit like Watchdogs, COD, Destiny, NBA, KZ, dunno haha.

Oh and I'm part of some NHL 94 EB tournament. So I'm going to try and win it for dat GAF.

Delryk

So if theres like 2-3 peeps getting it early, i will too. Whos in so far? Just Milly?? Anyone know iF Legit will?

Top Bottom