• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

I think I just blew my good luck for the rest of the year.

dinoceros.jpg

First one I fought, tamed it.

I wish I were clever :(

jwk94

Really starting to hate these side quests, some of them are fun, but then some of em are really vague. I'm currently trying to find the guy's book (?) at the foot of the volcano from the demo, i'm looked through the entrance and gone through the whole dungeon. can't find that book
LLShC.gif

Goli

Thanks. Going to go after him tomorrow, though leveling him from scratch makes me ugh, but whatever.

I bet his 3rd form is bad ass.

It is. Also, levelling rare monsters like that one takes longer than the others but their stats and general usefulness is waaaay higher.

Really starting to hate these side quests, some of them are fun, but then some of em are really vague. I'm currently trying to find the guy's book (?) at the foot of the volcano from the demo, i'm looked through the entrance and gone through the whole dungeon. can't find that book
LLShC.gif

Um, all of those that involve looking for his notebook are really easy. His hints are almost too precise. You should go talk to him again, I can't remember where it was exactly but he always says things like "under a rock" in x area or "behind a tree by a crevice" or things like that.

TDLink

LLShC.gif

IIRC it isn't actually in the dungeon. It's under a tree in the volcano area of the world map, outside of the dungeon. I think there's only 3 trees there, just click X on them until find the right one.

JollyWolf

LLShC.gif

It wasn't vague you just didn't pay attention. He says that he used it by the tree and was close to the volcano but did not actually go in it. There are a bunch tree right outside the dungeon.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Whenever I'm flipping through those suggested names for familiars you catch, I always hear them in this guy's voice:

richmeister.jpg

jwk94

It is. Also, levelling rare monsters like that one takes longer than the others but their stats and general usefulness is waaaay higher.

Um, all of those that involve looking for his notebook are really easy. His hints are almost too precise. You should go talk to him again, I can't remember where it was exactly but he always says things like "under a rock" in x area or "behind a tree by a crevice or things like that".

IIRC it isn't actually in the dungeon. It's under a tree in the volcano area of the world map, outside of the dungeon. I think there's only 3 trees there, just click X on them until find the right one.

It wasn't vague you just didn't pay attention. He says that he used it by the tree and was close to the volcano but did not actually go in it. There are a bunch tree right outside the dungeon.
I should probably stop skipping sidequest dialogue, smh. Thanks guys.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow, just wow. Was expecting some extremely tacky game... got what is the best rpg of this generation. What a game, its like playing a cartoon! Best art style this gen! Can't say enough good things about the game!!!

bryehn

Whenever I'm flipping through those suggested names for familiars you catch, I always hear them in this guy's voice:

richmeister.jpg

The peak of Rob Schneider.

...I'm only 6 hours in. This game is 80-100 hours, right? Once I read a book longer than most in Skyrim to trigger that dead kid's next spot I knew I didn't want it to end.

Goli

The peak of Rob Schneider.

...I'm only 6 hours in. This game is 80-100 hours, right? Once I read a book longer than most in Skyrim to trigger that dead kid's next spot I knew I didn't want it to end.

More like 30 if you do the main quest alone and around 80 if you do everything.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Just ordered the strategy guide for the game... I only do that on the best games! Loving this... been ages I played a good rpg, seriously thought it was a thing of the past ;)!

Aeana

I just realized that I haven't morphed any of my familiars to their third forms, despite most of them being metamorphable for quite a long time now. I guess I was hoping they'd hit max level and force me, but I think some of them max at 99, so that'll never happen. (._. )

mattp

man, familiars going back to lv1 when you morph them really does suck. it takes so long to grind them back to a useful level again

Aeana

man, familiars going back to lv1 when you morph them really does suck. it takes so long to grind them back to a useful level again

It's not that bad, because their stats grow much faster in new forms. You could have a level 2 familiar at level 7 that has the same or better stats than one at 20 or higher.

Captain N

Okay..So the Royal Rumble is over. Just picked this up after work tonight. Going to play this for a little bit here tonight. Can't wait!

RDreamer

I'm having a hard time figuring out which familiars I should even go with now that I can tame them. I feel like I'm getting a ton of them and it's hard to differentiate.

Also sucks that I didn't pick up enough weapons before heading to the volcano, so the other ones all kind of suck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Crashing Boar seems like he really sucks compared to Mitey and Cutpurrse, but I'm still pushing to use him. How much does the preferred monster type with the user make a difference?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have to pick a name for them or can you use a default name? I can't stand naming and creating things in games.

They come with a default name and if you don't like it the game will suggest others or you can name them yourself. One of the smaller touches I really like about this game.

I think I just blew my good luck for the rest of the year.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6829097/dinoceros.jpg[img]

First one I fought, tamed it.[/QUOTE]
You're not going to believe me, but the same thing just happened to me. I thought I was screwed because Esther's Gogo started to cast Twinkle Twinkle and I knew it would kill all 3 enemies at once, but the Dino ended up with hearts above his head anyway. So awesome.
I thought I was going to have to spend all night trying to tame it. Took me about 10 minutes to find one though, because I was looking in the wrong area.

one_kill

So I was able to preorder this game at my local stores. I only preordered so I could get the codes for Griffy and Flutterby. I've read Griffy's pretty OP. How's Flutterby?

(Don't highlight if you don't want to be spoiled, just a heads up.)

So I just got hamelian or how ever its spelled and met the emperor. What's this
about time traveling?
they just threw it out there like nothing. Can some one give me an explanation on what just happened lol.

(Don't highlight if you don't want to be spoiled, just a heads up.)

So I just got hamelian or how ever its spelled and met the emperor. What's this
about time traveling?
they just threw it out there like nothing. Can some one give me an explanation on what just happened lol.

I'm not actually too clear on it myself. It was more of a case where I keep playing and suddenly
hey, they aren't wearing pig suits anymore
. Then a bit after that, I was like
"Whoa, I'm in the past!? When did that happen?"
Actually, what made me put two and two together was when my active bounties weren't where they were supposed to be.

Aeana

I'm not actually too clear on it myself. It was more of a case where I keep playing and suddenly
hey, they aren't wearing pig suits anymore
. Then a bit after that, I was like
"Whoa, I'm in the past!? When did that happen?"
Actually, what made me put two and two together was when my active bounties weren't where they were supposed to be.
The scene when you talk to the emperor in his chambers and they talk about being from the future didn't tip you off?

I agree that the sequence is absolutely poorly handled, though.

The scene when you talk to the emperor in his chambers and they talk about being from the future didn't tip you off?

I agree that the sequence is absolutely poorly handled, though.

lol, when you put it that way.... But no, it's kinda confusing when the game goes back and forth between voice-acting and plain text.

Still want my Dinoceros. Srsly Namco, put it up as DLC, I'll give you like $5 for it.

Lucentto

Banned
Just beat the game, took me around 42 hours. One of the best JRPGs I have played in a long time, GOTY quality in my opinion. This year is off to a great start.

I have a story question for like... mid-game? IDK. In the town
Hamelin
I
went back in time. How did this happen? I must've missed something, so how did it happen? All I remember is leaving the Prince's room and then suddenly there's the.. emperor. What? :| I'm so confused.
Or if I'm not supposed to know yet, then nevermind.

Aeana

I have a story question for like... mid-game? IDK. In the town
Hamelin
I
went back in time. How did this happen? I must've missed something, so how did it happen? All I remember is leaving the Prince's room and then suddenly there's the.. emperor. What? :| I'm so confused.
Or if I'm not supposed to know yet, then nevermind.
It's just a really poorly handled scene. You'll find out how/why as you continue.

That would explain it. I was absolutely confused.

Glad I wasn't the only one. I thought I'd blacked out or something when playing through.

EDIT: I literally just played that segment - I'm guessing that
the fog coming in
had something to do with it. Wasn't really clear.

Top Bottom