• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

I though once you caught a specific familiar it wouldn't drop again, but I was wrong. I guess you could give everyone the same familiar if you wanted to.

Dynamic3

I had trouble with that in normal encounters. She'd burn through her entire mana pool in about 3 fights when set "Back Me Up" or "Play Healer" (I don't know the actual tactic commands. So I shut all abilities down for normal encounters and then let them go nuts during boss encounters. My only issue now is being fast enough to switch out familiars and get heals in before they drop to zero. I've seriously solo'd the last two boss battles because of this.

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to change party tactics outside of combat?

I would love to know this as well.

Ricker

I got real lucky in one fight, took on that sun monster and the turbandit and both ended up with hearts over their head. Caught them both! :D

Also a question as I just remembered in regards to Golden Grove:

There was a section where there was a sleeping robot, is that something we will revisit later in the game or is it a sidequest for much later on?

Damn I had forgotten about that...like that green chest in Ding Dong also...got to start writing those down although there is always the progress report where you see what % of stuff is left but if I remember right,it told me Grove was 100 %...mmmm

Andrew.

Banned
Damn I had forgotten about that...like that green chest in Ding Dong also...got to start writing those down although there is always the progress report where you see what % of stuff is left but if I remember right,it told me Grove was 100 %...mmmm

Yeah but the 100% stands for how much of the map you've uncovered for that area/dungeon. If you find all the chests and uncover the whole map, you'll get a little icon with a "Cleared!" next to the area name under the Dangerous Places section in that stone book looking thing.

JohngPR

The hundred percent is only for how much of the map you've walked through. If you get every single chest then it will say "Cleared" next to the name of the place.

Kitoro

Loving everything about this game, but at 25 hours in, I'm still listening to the exact same battle song as I was in the first hour. I think that's the only thing I can fault the game for. There should at least be a few variations to keep things fresh.

JohngPR

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there's a spot where you can check for familiars favorite food. Where's that at again?

The Lamp

Loving everything about this game, but at 25 hours in, I'm still listening to the exact same battle song as I was in the first hour. I think that's the only thing I can fault the game for. There should at least be a few variations to keep things fresh.

I'm only 3 hours in and it's already getting annoying lol.

RPGCrazied

This particular nightmare fight is annoying.

All it does it spam cruel rain. :( Though I don't have a lot of the new armors in the Perdida shop. I guess I'll level up more. I'm like 42.

This particular nightmare fight is annoying.

All it does it spam cruel rain. :( Though I don't have a lot of the new armors in the Perdida shop. I guess I'll level up more. I'm like 42.

I had that problem too, it took me a long time to do that. I had to get to level like level 42 just to beat it. I just learned to make everyone defend against rain and he drops 2 super orbs which you just use. It gets annoying but eventually I won.

RPGCrazied

I had that problem too, it took me a long time to do that. I had to get to level like level 42 just to beat it. I just learned to make everyone defend against rain and he drops 2 super orbs which you just use. It gets annoying but eventually I won.

Yeah, the main problem is the muck he drops on the floor and you can hardly move without getting stuck and damaged.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Enemies drop 'em like in every second encounter in the volcano area.

Except for Stardrops; I got out of the Volcano with more stones for initial transforms than I could ever need, and a whooping - TWO stardrops. Had to go back and grind for them when I realized what had happened.

RPGCrazied

I doubt it dude. It already basically is a movie.

Not really. Wait until the later half, you will see no animations and pretty much 0 voice acting. Its saved for very special scenes. Even then those are like non existent where I am. Hope you like reading. ;)

Sanctuary

Well, fully evolved he has two stars on attack speed. It's not that much but my level 11 Catastroceros' attack is at 476 and destroys pretty much everything. That's a lot considering the level. The previous stages are similar. EDIT: Actually it's level 13. But it's still a lot.

Couple that with it's horribly low accuracy rate and you may as well halve that attack figure. It moves slow, attacks slow and has a low chance to hit. You basically gamble every time you send it out. Maybe one of it's final forms is better in that regard, but the first two kind of suck.

Andrew.

Banned
Not really. Wait until the later half, you will see no animations and pretty much 0 voice acting. Its saved for very special scenes. Even then those are like non existent where I am. Hope you like reading. ;)

I grew up in the 90s where we had no voice acting and I all I did was read. No big deal =P

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so people are still loving this game right??

when do i get to learn to tame my own familiars??

i've been given two, but havent even used the 2nd one at all...

Sanctuary

Are Tokos worth it? Those guys are a pain to level.

A lot of people gush over them simply because they have the highest evade score for a familiar. I don't really see the purpose of simply dodging everything if you aren't particularly good at anything else though. Oh, and it's moderately rare, so that "must" mean it's good! If you can find a gem that allows you to cast a revive trick, then I could see them being somewhat useful on the more difficult fights much later on when bosses hit like trucks.

gunstarhero

Man, I'm loving this game - but if it has one glaring problem it's that "I'm a moron star mark" they have on by default for your map.

Now I understand why so many reviewers say the game is way too linear for an RPG - shut the star indicator off and the game changes dramatically.

(cause you actually have to use your brain and figure out what to do next)

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Man, I'm loving this game - but if it has one glaring problem it's that "I'm a moron star mark" they have on by default for your map.

Now I understand why so many reviewers say the game is way too linear for an RPG - shut the star indicator off and the game changes dramatically.

(cause you actually have to use your brain and figure out what to do next)

agreed. turned that off in the first minute at motorville. havent needed it once, and its great to jsut run around and explore... the questing dialog a thte top of the screen is direct enough (wish that could be turned off)

Shortly after you get your second party member.

thanks

camelpope

Neo Member
Got delayed going into work today thanks to freezing rain. Got another hour in, did a couple side quests and set out to the port city.

SLV

Finished the main quest in Pork city, doing all the side quests before continuing with the main quest, getting the cog like mechanical monster seams to be problematic...

jiggle

any one looking for a damage dealer early in the game
check out Anglerfish from Ding Dong Well
it's got higher attack than your 3rd PC starter, with better defenses
and most importantly, slightly higher accuracy
best of all, it uses claws instead of hammer/axe/armor(which lowers accuracy)

farming tokos pushed my levels past lv50 :(
and after all that, still no toko
i gave up and decided to farm ingredients instead
landed on plateau, saw a dinoceros
1/1 :D

getting the cog like mechanical monster seams to be problematic...

farm him outside of fairyland
smaller area to run and u don't gotta deal with the annoying hogs

Goli

For the people who have the guide, could you check what it says about errand 78? Maybe there's some sort of super easy way to get the items or something.
Also, does easy mode affect steal success rate and/or drop rate?

farming tokos pushed my levels past lv50 :(
and after all that, still no toko
i gave up and decided to farm ingredients instead
landed on plateau, saw a dinoceros
1/1 :D

I'm stilll trying to get me a Dinoceros. Might try to get a Toko for while. Exactly which island are they on? All I know is its Northeast of the landmass you begin the game on.

Akainu

Does anyone know what curse does? Are any stats affects in the wizard book? Also Do you need to get every other merit reward to unlock the ones with question marks?

jiggle

I'm stilll trying to get me a Dinoceros. Might try to get a Toko for while. Exactly which island are they on? All I know is its Northeast of the landmass you begin the game on.

jgAzzQDP5smAg.jpg

the small one with the arrow being the best spot, imo

Does anyone know what curse does? Are any stats affects in the wizard book? Also Do you need to get every other merit reward to unlock the ones with question marks?

you run slower in and out of battles i think
not sure what else

yes everything must be unlocked(including the last ???) before the next row opens up

Question on catching familiars. So I just beat the enemies up normally and when a heart appears use the song? How often do the hears appear though? Haven't seen one yet.

Top Bottom