• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

OSHAN

Anyone else receive a code not valid prompt when entering in their information at Prima's site for the Gold Hurley?

Someone stated earlier about the Wizards Companion available online and thought it would be good on a tablet. I decided to hunt it down and give it a go and it is awesome on my mini. Gonna read the whole thing with ease now, I wish I could have gotten a physical copy. Also just got the boat and absolutely love this game. I have strayed over the years playing RPGs but this game has renewed my faith.

RPGCrazied

Where do you get the item that lets you rename your familiars? And on the last line of the merit rewards is spells taking less MP, but looks like its only 1 point. lol

TDLink

What exactly does the Jack the Giant Killer merit reward do? Worth saving my merit cards for to get early or wait till I have the rest?

What exactly does the Jack the Giant Killer merit reward do? Worth saving my merit cards for to get early or wait till I have the rest?
The merit rewards need unlocked by Lvl and you can only go up a Lvl by buying everyone in a Lvl, that's what the guide states. Maybe they open up after making to a certain point in the game. Giant killer gives you 100 HP and mp increase

Tex117

Banned
Stupid question
catching the damn green babana bunches
Any tips on how?

As for the kid in the Ding Dong Dell
check the weapons shop

TDLink

IIRC it's +100 HP/MP for Oliver.

The merit rewards need unlocked by Lvl and you can only go up a Lvl by buying everyone in a Lvl, that's what the guide states. Maybe they open up after making to a certain point in the game. Giant killer gives you 100 HP and mp increase

Yeah I already have the merit available to be purchased (I have the first two rows of merits already).

Thanks guys, not sure if the +100 to both is worth it or not over the other stuff. They all seem pretty good and that one costs twice as much.

Stupid question
catching the damn green babana bunches
Any tips on how?

As for the kid in the Ding Dong Dell
check the weapons shop

Keep fighting them until he's caught.

Sorry, that's as in-depth a strategy as you'll find. I was very fortunate to have that be the first familiar I caught in the desert. I didn't realize he was giving people so much trouble.

RangerBAD

Tokos are this game Metal Slime more or less. I found them on an island west of Summerlands (North). I'm guessing their evolved versions give more EXP? Anyways,
I found a quest in one of the forests and the guy is asking for a royal spear. Does anyone know the ingredients needed and where to find them
?

TDLink

How exactly does one get onto these plateaus? I feel like I'm missing something right in front of my face.

You can't walk there...

Tokos are this game Metal Slime more or less. I found them on an island west of Summerlands (North). I'm guessing their evolved versions give more EXP? Anyways,
I found a quest in one of the forests and the guy is asking for a royal spear. Does anyone know the ingredients needed and where to find them
?

Just did this, they're:

2 Jade Marble
2 Raw Steel
2 Shadowglass

Shadowglass and Raw Steel you can find on the ground (from the sparkles) in Autumnia near and south of Hamelin. Jade Marble is on the plateau near Temple of Trials in the desert.

jiggle

How exactly does one get onto these plateaus? I feel like I'm missing something right in front of my face.

when you can
fly

?

2 jade marbles from 2 spawn points (island west of hamelin/south of pirate cave)
2 raw steels 1 spawn point just south of hamelin
2 shadowglasses multiple spawn points, 1 of which is just east of hamelin

madhtr

You can't walk there...

Just did this, they're:

2 Jade Marble
2 Raw Steel
2 Shadowglass

Shadowglass and Raw Steel you can find on the ground (from the sparkles) in Autumnia near and south of Hamelin. Jade Marble is on the plateau near Temple of Trials in the desert.

You can steal jade marbles from an enemy on an island to the east. I'm not sure of its name, but it's a fairly small island with about 3 or 4 enemies visible on it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm finding larger monsters like Grifty annoying to get around.

Also I'm at the point where I've got more familiars that I want to use than I've got slots for

RPGCrazied

Playing this game makes me want to relive some of Studio Ghibli's movies. I've only seen Howl's moving castle and Princess Monakoe. Tales from Earthsea looks really good. Have you guys seen it?

dmosher

Playing this game makes me want to relive some of Studio Ghibli's movies. I've only seen Howl's moving castle and Princess Monakoe. Tales from Earthsea looks really good. Have you guys seen it?

You should really watch My Neighbor Totoro and Ponyo, both are amazing :)

LuuKyK

Watch Hotaru no Haka, I think its called Grave of the Fireflies? And how the hell have you not watched Spirited Away? One of the best movies of all time imo. My Neighbor Totoro, Arriety, Ponyo, Yamatas, hell every one is worth watching but those are the ones I love the most.

Edit: Forgot Porco Rosso. :X

Watch Hotaru no Haka, I think its called Grave of the Fireflies? And how the hell have you not watched Spirited Away? One of the best movies of all time imo. My Neighbor Totoro, Arriety, Ponyo, Yamatas, hell every one is worth watching but those are the ones I love the most.

Better yet, don't watch Hotaru no Haka. Unless you just want to feel depressed and like shit afterwords :(

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member

Earthsea is decent enough I guess but it doesn't quite have the Ghibli feel like their other films do. I'd suggest Spirited Away or Ponyo first.

EDIT: Only watch Grave of the Fireflies if you're good with curling up in a dark corner for the next 24 hours or so.

Derrick01

Banned
Damn this volcano area is tough with only 1 level 17 offensive familiar, who's also not very good against these things. I just made him evolve though so I guess I'm going to be grinding until everyone's stats are back up to par.

RPGCrazied

I really like the fantasy setting when it comes to animation/japanamation. That is what made me want to watch Tales from Earthsea, I saw dragons. :p

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the fantasy setting when it comes to animation/japanamation. That is what made me want to watch Tales from Earthsea, I saw dragons. :p

Earthsea is Ghibli's take on American fantasy. Spirited Away is Ghibli's take on Japanese fantasy and it also has dragons.

Friend of mine has good naming sense apparently.

U9elwmV.jpg

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Its easier to say what creature is NOT featured in Spirited Away tbh. :p

True. It's just dragons seemed to be a deciding factor for him.

Also the scene in Ni no Kuni with Oliver and the Cowlipha felt like it could have been lifted directly from Spirited Away.

Top Bottom